+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has AT&T Spilled the Beans on an October iPhone 5 Launch?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Slmchrist I agree in some ways with what you are saying but this must be done. The iPhone needs a larger screen. Not the size of the
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slmchrist View Post
    I agree in some ways with what you are saying but this must be done. The iPhone needs a larger screen. Not the size of the droid x . That is just dumb how large it is. But 4 inch would be nice without the battery drain if they up the battery strength as with they do on most new idevices . Majority of iPhone owners would agree we want this!
    "Upping the battery strength" means a larger (thicker) phone. I am pretty sure Apple has been leaning the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    if the new iphone is coming out in october does that mean ios 5 will come in october instead of september i really want ios 5
    Don't they usually launch the next iOS about a month prior to the new phone? That's how it worked with iOS 4 at least, if memory serves correct.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

[QUOTE=sziklassy;6201566]"Upping the battery strength" means a larger (thicker) phone. I am pretty sure Apple has been leaning the other way.

Didnt they up the battery longevity on the iPhone 4 vs the 3GS and the ip4 is thinner than the 3GS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'll get a new Iphone when they stop soldering the battery and provide a removeable back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ehren88888 View Post
    i'll get a new Iphone when they stop soldering the battery and provide a removeable back.
    Don't hold your breath...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what do you guys think? Is this going to be available also unlocked with the contract ones from day one, or is it going to take a looooooong time like with iP4 to get unlocked available?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ehren88888 View Post
    No u won't. You'll be in line for 18 hours waiting to get your hands on this phone the day before its release.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you can trouble me for a warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!

(please thank me)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    The screen has to be bigger otherwise there is no use. There are so many android phones in the market with bigger screens.
    I agree 1000%

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    The screen has to be bigger otherwise there is no use. There are so many android phones in the market with bigger screens.
    Yes!! Apple should follow what everyone else is doing!! That's what has made them so successful.

Thanks

iphone 4 battery isn't soldered and the back is easily removable lol.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigmas View Post
    Yes!! Apple should follow what everyone else is doing!! That's what has made them so successful.
    As much as I love my iPhone-4, I just bought a Samsung GS2 because the screen is a usable size for browsing.

You appear to regard people's comments as gratuitous attacks on Apple, rather than real requirements.
    I guess Apple can afford to ignore buyers' wishes, but only for so long.
    Their lack of flash-support, small iPhone screen and lack of real keyboard (as iDevice variants) is handing custom (such as mine and many like me) directly to their competitors.
    If they did produce these variants, the competition might aswell pack up and go home.

If they did produce these variants, they'd see just how much custom they're actually losing out on.
    And I'll bet you'd be the first to say "About time Apple did this" - but you imagine your idiotic fanboism somehow protects Apple from justified criticism .... whereas all it does is make you look like a juvenile fanboi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What's the point....
    Quote Originally Posted by Slmchrist View Post
    I agree in some ways with what you are saying but this must be done. The iPhone needs a larger screen. Not the size of the droid x . That is just dumb how large it is. But 4 inch would be nice without the battery drain if they up the battery strength as with they do on most new idevices . Majority of iPhone owners would agree we want this!
    What's the point of this discussion?? Pretty sure the screen size decision has been made and it's too late to influence it!

Thanks
    Why do you people want such a large screen? If you want a larger screen stick with the Androids. The iPhone is the perfect size, any bigger and it would be to bulky for my needs. :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    As much as I love my iPhone-4, I just bought a Samsung GS2 because the screen is a usable size for browsing.
    You have a choice and you've made it. Most of us don't want a device that's any bigger (we have iPads if we need a larger screen), we don't want Flash slowing down our devices with it's inherent problems and want a physical keyboard like a hole in the head.

There are options for those of you that want them but Apple know not to ruin their devices, they just make the best, not all sorts of different devices to suit all tastes - they leave that to others and concentrate on quality over quantity.

The first Apple device I owned was an iPhone and the second an iPad. As soon as I find something better I will jump ship, but for me, as for many, the iPhone is the best device available and increasing screen size, adding Flash or a keyboard would make it worse, not better.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I find it funny how many people are complaining strictly about the people who want a larger screen... as if YOU were somehow more right. Is the person saying we need a bigger screen any less right simply because they don't agree with you?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (08-23-2011)

Thanks

No, we're just saying that Apple has got it right and a larger screen would alienate more people than it would help (IMHO)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No, we're just saying that Apple has got it right and a larger screen would alienate more people than it would help (IMHO)
    What an idiotic contention.
    You are a fanboi AICMFP.

Thanks

A colleague of mine thought he would like a larger screen so went for an HTC.
    He soon realised a larger screen means a larger phone and took it back and exchanged it for an iPhone 4.
    Be careful what you wish for.....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    A colleague of mine thought he would like a larger screen so went for an HTC.
    He soon realised a larger screen means a larger phone and took it back and exchanged it for an iPhone 4.
    Be careful what you wish for.....
    Pompous much ?
    Presumably he expected an iPhone-sized device with a 4.3" screen ?
    I'd guess you're fabricating to try and make a point.
    Lame at all levels.

Rising sales of larger-screened devices with inferior OS's disprove your point.

Apple's stubbornness on screen-size is costing them dear.
    Once the Android devs understand the importance of screen interaction and accordingly, code to utilise GPU rather than CPU - and someone produces an Androphone with retina-class pixel density, the iPhone will be dead in the water unless it listens to consumers .... who are currently voting with their credit cards.

I suspect once we see such an Androphone and Apple lose its current, effective monopoly, we'll see larger-screened iPhones.
    That we don't see Apple reacting now as it will eventually be forced to, suggests that Apple is minimising costs by producing just one model of iPhone.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 08-24-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Thanks

Apple have made the decision that people want phones to be a reasonable size - despite what you think.
    It's not going to change because you want a bigger screen and is IMHO the right decision. If you want a bigger screen you have other options, but it's not one you will get from Apple.
    I agree with Apple, you don't - that somehow makes me pompous and you right?
    If you say so....