+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has AT&T Spilled the Beans on an October iPhone 5 Launch?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Why? We don't know who this person is. Very unlikely he is going to get tracked down... If you want a bigger screen...go get a iPad! I don't want to
    mjb
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Bigger Screen...No way Jose! Just right as is.
    Why? We don't know who this person is. Very unlikely he is going to get tracked down...
    If you want a bigger screen...go get a iPad! I don't want to be hauling a laptop around in my pocket. As long as a bigger screen fits in the same footprint I'm OK...otherwise leave the size just as it is...perfect.

There is no use for what? With bigger screen comes diminished battery life. There are far more phones with "standard" screen size on the market and they are selling well enough. The next phone will be competitive with or without a larger screen.

IMO, if they can fit a larger screen into the same form factor, I am all for it. I had an HTC EVO for a while. While the extra real-estate is nice, it isn;t actually a dream to hold onto, and my hands aren't what I would call small.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

All I care about are the Specs. W/O Spec I won't care if it's the iPhone40Z.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

Other thing you guys have to think of also? There are multiple companies making multiple models of android phones. Different makes and sizes for the carriers. There is only 1 company that make the iPhone in 2 colors for different carriers in the world. I think a 4" screen would be good. Not to big and shouldn't be to hard for battery life.

DEDUCTIBLE
    A tiered deductible per the terms of your Mobile Insurance Coverage Certificate, will apply as follows:
    • Device Tier 1: Devices will be charged a $50 non-refundable deductible.
    • Device Tier 2: Devices will be charged a $125 non-refundable deductible.
    • Device Tier 3: Devices will be charged a $199 non-refundable deductible. (Deductible Tier 3 will become effective on 10/4/11. On this date, certain devices including the iPhone will be moved to this tier.)

Is it possible that because there moving the iPhone to a new tier? Tier 3 that could be the date at which they release the iPhone for purchase? It would make since for them to do that with a new iPhone releasing at about that same time range right? Plus Oct 4th is a Tuesday LOL. Just my thought lol :P

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    Only If We Can See What The Phone Looks Like
    I'm stoked either way/month even though this may be the 1st year I don't upgrade from best to better than best

Quote Originally Posted by V1cmlb View Post
    +1
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    Relax there is no disrespect. Don't get panties in a knot. I'm no expert but in journalism it's about being first and getting the scoop before the other guy. This is the Internet, sh!t becomes yesterday's news real fast.
    No where in Modmyi's pages have I seen anything about the writers having to be "1st". This is a news site for anything apple. I myself check this /and only this/ site everyday for news. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But please stop complaining about the release time of an article. Because we will only be hearing the ******** of others for lack of news.

Please respect the writers here. I enjoy everything I read here. thanks to all who write for MMi.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 08-20-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slmchrist View Post
    Majority of iPhone owners would agree we want this!
    Where do you get that 'fact' from?

A larger screen would mean existing apps would not display correctly, decreased battery life and, most likely, a larger form factor.

I'm guessing that the majority of iPhone users want none of these.

I certainly don't and would be dissapointed if Apple mess with the display.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not eligible until next year. Bummer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

A larger screen would mean existing apps would not display correctly, decreased battery life and, most likely, a larger form factor.

I look at as when the retina display came out. All of the apps will eventually update to work with the latest phones, so yes in the beginning the apps wont extent to fill a larger screen.
    Last edited by buttamix; 08-20-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks

There is no sign, apart from a double resolution iPad, of any different screen in iOS5 AFAIK.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll just buy the phone when it's out, like I do any other product. Quite frankly, this whole "stir up a bunch of crap close to launch time" thing has gotten a few levels beyond stale to me.

Sidenote:

Apple should have a Ferrari / Amex kind of deal with these iPhones and such, where dedicated customers are approached with opportunities to get certain things early, or at LEAST free of hassle. I've gotten every iPhone there is on launch day and while I've not had to deal with any of the craziness and lines, I especially think it's exceptionally unfair for the people that have. If you're willing to spend $500-$600 every year on an update of the same product, you shouldn't have to be in line for 10 hours each damn time.

/endrant

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Relax there is no disrespect. Don't get panties in a knot. I'm no expert but in journalism it's about being first and getting the scoop before the other guy. This is the Internet, sh!t becomes yesterday's news real fast.
    Yourself included if we continued down this path.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

I'm sorry did I say that statement was factual! No. But as I have been reading these post most do want a larger display! If the 4s/5 came out with 4 inch display you wouldn't buy? And I'm sure eventually the devs could/would fix the apps to display correctly. iPhone apps have been fixed to display on iPads.
    Last edited by Slmchrist; 08-20-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks

Why can i ever see the comments...

Thanks

I really don't want a bigger display on my phone, I'd rather have the same size display on a smaller phone. They couldn't put a bigger display without making the phone bigger (unless they made it widescreen) and I really don't want a bigger phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Why can i ever see the comments...
    If you read the zeal thread you would probably find out why...
    Last edited by confucious; 08-20-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't want a bigger display on my phone, I'd rather have the same size display on a smaller phone. They couldn't put a bigger display without making the phone bigger (unless they made it widescreen) and I really don't want a bigger phone.
    Compared to some other phones out there, the iPhone does have a lot more glass on the front than it seemingly needs.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love this forum but lately you guys have been behind the 8 ball. Heard this bout 5-6 hours ago. Either way I'll be getting the iPhone 5...3GS is killing me.
    You heard about if 5-6 hours ago and you didn't contribute to this forum?
    And you have the audacity to criticize?
    This forum is only as good as its members.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

All I know is I am STILL using the 3Gs and its time for a new darn phone for me! lol seriously it is...

Thanks

IMO if Apple would just allow " flash " on their current models then it is and will be considered the best phone on the market!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am definitely ready for a new iPhone. I still have the 3g. But I would like to add a note is that a bigger screen would be sweet. I love to watch movies and TV shows on my phone because I'm busy all day and a bigger screen would be great. 4.5 inch screen is what I want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywu View Post
    IMO if Apple would just allow " flash " on their current models then it is and will be considered the best phone on the market!!!
    That will never happen!

People have been saying this same thing on this site forever..... In essence, it seems your opinion, too, is "yesterday's" news.

Also, I love my 4, but am excited about the next iPhone simply because it's the next iPhone. A5 processor....says enough for me. These are just cool gadgets with so much practicality that it's fun no matter what. Ready for the rollout!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if the new iphone is coming out in october does that mean ios 5 will come in october instead of september i really want ios 5