Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Apple Knock Off Sales Get The Kibosh in NYC

Default Apple Knock of Sales Get The Kibosh in NYC

Earlier this week it was one fake Chinese Apple Store, then authorities realized China was huge and there were likely more and found an additional 22 fake Apple Stores. Now Apple is bringing the fight stateside and suing two stores in Queens New York for selling knock off merchandise.

The two stores, Apple Story and Fun Zone, are being sued for trademark infringements based on accusations of selling allegedly fake iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories. The fake accessories even don the Apple logo and trademark "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China." Also, Apple is asking that Apple Story change its name for obvious reasons.

United States District Court Judge Kiyo Matsumoto already awarded Apple an injunction to stop both of the accused parties from selling knockoff merchandise, but has yet to rule whether or not Apple Story must change its name. Apple is seeking to have the remaining counterfeit goods destroyed as well as to determine what triple monetary damages might be.

Apple is going for the throat, and rightfully so, but the U.S. side of the story isn't over yet. Apple included a number of undisclosed business and individuals, "who made, sold or distributed the alleged counterfeit goods," in the suit. More lawsuits will likely be on the way.

Or maybe some Steve Jobsian vigilante justice.

Source: PC World

Maybe someone should point them towards Canal Street... I've seen plenty of Apple knock off products there.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Don't blame Apple for suing them.... Apple got where they are at today from their iPods, iPhones etc.... and are nice items at that.

I would think another reason Apple is doing is because people will buy knock off's just to save money.

I would fight what was mine as well.... Don't blame them at all... Go Apple!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Title: Apple Knock of Sales Get The Kibosh in NYC
    It should be "off"

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Title: Apple Knock of Sales Get The Kibosh in NYC
    It should be "off"
    it does say off, or did ya catch it and they changed it. Nice to know nobody proof reads before they put it up on this site.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    it does say off, or did ya catch it and they changed it. Nice to know nobody proof reads before they put it up on this site.
    I don't mind the mistakes at ModMyI so much anymore. There are two reasons I don't mind the small mistakes. (Besides the obvious that it shouldn't be a big deal anyway) The first reason being that the staff are unpaid (as far as I know) and probably put more effort into their jobs than their writing hobby. The second being my local newspaper has way worse mistakes. (Like incorrect statistics, grammar, spelling, wrong titles on wrong articles, etc...) so ModMyI is doing way better than the "real press"
    -FBIRyuJin

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    I don't mind the mistakes at ModMyI so much anymore. There are two reasons I don't mind the small mistakes. (Besides the obvious that it shouldn't be a big deal anyway) The first reason being that the staff are unpaid (as far as I know) and probably put more effort into their jobs than their writing hobby. The second being my local newspaper has way worse mistakes. (Like incorrect statistics, grammar, spelling, wrong titles on wrong articles, etc...) so ModMyI is doing way better than the "real press"
    Your local paper is abysmal then. I agree with everything you said, but I certainly wouldn't be paying for a paper that you imply is littered with mistakes daily.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Your local paper is abysmal then. I agree with everything you said, but I certainly wouldn't be paying for a paper that you imply is littered with mistakes daily.
    Luckily I get the paper for free digitally since I use a certain cable service. At least I'm not paying for their mistakes lol
    -FBIRyuJin