Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Accused of Selling Refurbished iPhones as New in China

you open bootleg apple stores we give you refurbished (NEW) phones

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Really guy? You do realize if this was Apples doing, there would be more than 6 people filling suit. 100 million i phone 4's sold and 6 people SUPPOSEDLY got refurbished phones? 6 people in China of all places! LOL, this isn't a case, its a joke!
    How often would you see people open up a phone when they thought they bought as new and knew it would void their warranty? Because Apple's refurbished units have new cases and glass, basically new outer appearance. There is absolutely no way to tell unless you open up the phone itself, if they do not open up the phone how would they know and join the lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by tegieng View Post
    Seriously people, you think that Apple, a 400 billion dollars company, would do this for a few buck profit?
    Yes I do, why not make a few bucks if you do not think you will be caught. All those refurbished iPhones can be re-manufactured and sold with huge profit margin, why the hell not especially when it is hard to tell new from refurbished item?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Seriously people, you think that Apple, a 400 billion dollars company, would do this for a few buck profit?
    I've been lied to to my face by Apple Retail Store employees and I've been lied to to my face by Apple Retail Store MANAGEMENT.......all so they could try to slither out of replacing my defective "new" phone with another brand new unit......so YES I do think Apple would do anything they think they could get away with to make a few extra bucks in profit.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    How often would you see people open up a phone when they thought they bought as new and knew it would void their warranty? Because Apple's refurbished units have new cases and glass, basically new outer appearance. There is absolutely no way to tell unless you open up the phone itself, if they do not open up the phone how would they know and join the lawsuit?

Yes I do, why not make a few bucks if you do not think you will be caught. All those refurbished iPhones can be re-manufactured and sold with huge profit margin, why the hell not especially when it is hard to tell new from refurbished item?
    You would do if you were peanut, but if you were Apple when everybody watched you under microscope to slice you every chance they get, will you do it? Think as a businessman think, not from a sleazy vendor perspective.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You would do if you were peanut, but if you were Apple when everybody watched you under microscope to slice you every chance they get, will you do it? Think as a businessman think, not from a sleazy vendor perspective.
    Jobs still deny there is any design problem with the bridging the antenna gap and try to make it Antennagate where signal is blocked to antenna then further cloud the problem by blaming the signal displayed is incorrect. Now the head of the corporation is this sleazy, why would the rest of the company any different?
    Lets not forget the recent Apple photochopped evidence so they can get an injunction on Samsung, so you tell me how sleazy is that?
    Last edited by unison999; 08-18-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

probably bought the refurbs at one of those fake Apple stores....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha @ The Chinese Republic

Thanks

I am from America and I am convinced the same thing happened to me but I wasn't complaining. My iphone fell in the sink and the apple store said the censors showed water damage and voided the warranty. I purchased a NEW iphone 3Gs and it came in a clear plastic case...I was kind of like and almost said something but I'm easy going. I got home and realized it was a first gen 3Gs so I am lucky enough to always be untethered. Point of the story is..I believe for Apple to hand me a 1st gen iphone it had to be a refurb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been saying that all the companies have been doing that for ever. I remember in the stone age of Nextel I would call n say my phone isn't working correctly and they would send me a re-furbished that looks brand new. I know they would fix up my old phone and repackage it as new, come on how easy is that to do? Its funny how apple does these things when the other day I asked to buy the 2 LIL screws for the bottom of the phone, the sim card tray n the LIL key to open the tray n they said they don't have them. REALLY? I was there the day b4 and they were given 2 me free! WOW! they really know how to treat there customers.

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Phillip, what do you mean when you say, "Finally a refreshing change of pace in the never-ending saga of Apple litigate?"

Of coarse they will win. Most company's, no matter who they are would win a ridiculous case like this. It has nothing to do with who you are.

LOL, thats an interesting point of view!
    Why do you classify this as a ridiculous case, what do you mean by that????
    Apple is cheating customers by selling them refurbished goods as Brand new!!!!

I would like to see your face if this would happen to you!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

ahah nice pic

wait...so china your gonna sue apple for this? how about you stop the KIRF's and we can be happy

Thanks
    I just had my iPhone 4 replaced, connected it to 3 different computers with 3 different cables in varying configurations and keep getting this screen at setup:

maybe this was a new one that was to be sent to China??

I might add that this is in PA. The phone was replaced at the Park City location in Lancaster, PA, USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12