Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliID Delivers Smart Calling ID For Jailbroken iPhones

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The pricing structure is amazing (if i'm readin it right). $4.99 for 6 months of service with 250 lookups per month? That's $0.83 a month for caller ID service at an average of 8 look-ups per day. Seems MORE than reasonable to me.

This should be standard on all mobile service and phones, and people shouldn't have the right to block their numbers and names from showing up. If a strange number appears to be calling me I want to know the name behind it so I know whether it's someone I know, or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    This should be standard on all mobile service and phones, and people shouldn't have the right to block their numbers and names from showing up. If a strange number appears to be calling me I want to know the name behind it so I know whether it's someone I know, or not.
    I disagree to a point. Many people value their privacy. We should have the right to hide our caller id, but on the flip side, we should also have the ability to automatically stop incoming calls from blocked ids, and let them hear a "please unblock your id" message. My land line (Cablevision) allows that to be setup. I don't see why cell phones don't
    -FBIRyuJin

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting O.o

Banned
    Thanks

I cant see the use of this? The iPhone already has caller ID so whats the use of this again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I cant see the use of this? The iPhone already has caller ID so whats the use of this again?
    Let's you know the name behind the numbers that you don't have in your contacts. It's useful if the person gives you a fake name (assuming the service is accurate) when doing business, That could be a tip off to not do business with them. It may also have some private investigation qualities to it. I'll test it out when it comes out, and probably write a blog post about it.
    -FBIRyuJin

interesting i can have fun now w/ all the miss dialed calls and hangups

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by louietsang View Post
    interesting i can have fun now w/ all the miss dialed calls and hangups
    Don't give me ideas. Muahahaha
    -FBIRyuJin

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It will only work in the USA and Canada on launch- wether it is possible for them to roll out to other countries depends on the availability of the data and the laws in your country.

Agreed!

Green Apple
    Thanks

This sounds a lot like "TrapCall" which has been available for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    I disagree to a point. Many people value their privacy. We should have the right to hide our caller id, but on the flip side, we should also have the ability to automatically stop incoming calls from blocked ids, and let them hear a "please unblock your id" message. My land line (Cablevision) allows that to be setup. I don't see why cell phones don't
    iBlacklist my friend.....wonderful app I must say at blocking unwanted calls.

Also to add to the discussion, it says the plans are for 6 month blocks not 1 month so $5 for 6 months is a great price to try it and see if its worth it to you. You cant even buy a latte and a donut for $5 nowadays.

Any news on when this is going to be released.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That is very cool and useful
    reminds me of how Youmail shows you who's calling vs. seeing "unknown"/"blocked"....

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    reminds me of how Youmail shows you who's calling vs. seeing "unknown"/"blocked"....
    Most of the time, this works, but only in the notification after the call has ended, right?

Mine doesn't do it in real time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theeoriginal1 View Post
    iBlacklist my friend.....wonderful app I must say at blocking unwanted calls.

Also to add to the discussion, it says the plans are for 6 month blocks not 1 month so $5 for 6 months is a great price to try it and see if its worth it to you. You cant even buy a latte and a donut for $5 nowadays.
    iBlacklist is the primary reason I jailbreak my phone now that almost every other reason I used to JB for has been added to iOS. If Apple added winterboard features, and iBlacklist features I'd be fine with stock iOS.
    -FBIRyuJin

Grab whoiscalling from Cydia. It does the same thing, has been out for a year or so, and is free. Screw that stupid subscription pricing. I used to buy a lot of intelliborn's products, but the has just been going up and up in price and I'm done with his wares.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12