+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change Up Your Lock Screen Battery View With LSBattery

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Not to long ago, ModMyi covered a new application called KillBackground which allowed you to "kill" or remove all background programs in your AppSwitcher at once. Although there are many
    Thanks

Default Change Up Your Lock Screen Battery View With LSBattery

Not to long ago, ModMyi covered a new application called KillBackground which allowed you to "kill" or remove all background programs in your AppSwitcher at once. Although there are many other applications on the market that perform a similar function, personal preference always wins out and having many simple, free options is not such a bad thing. The same developer behind KillBackground, Mathieu Bolard (@mattlawer), recently released an application called LSBattery that gives you a little customization with your lock screen battery.

LSBattery gives you a few options to change the layout of your battery on the lock screen to the following:

• Clock Battery - when you have this option checked, your clock will turn into the battery percentage of your device
    • Default Battery - keeps your device the default battery setting on your lock screen
    • Slider Label Battery - adds your battery percentage to your slider on your lock screen (instead of saying "slide to unlock", it will display your battery percentage)

All these options can be configured in the Settings.app tab for LSBattery. Otherwise, there are no icons added to your SpringBoard and the only other toggle is the "Enabled:" button in Settings.

There was only one issue that was found with LSBattery. The battery percentage, whether on the clock or the slider label, display a different number than the status bar (notice from the above picture). This is a simple math coding issue and I'm sure that will be fixed soon.

Just like his other application(s), LSBattery is available for free on Cydia now and is compatible on all devices and firmwares (LSBattery has been tested on iOS 5 beta 5 and it works fine. Note that using tweaks and applications on the iOS 5 beta is done at your own risk. Be wary of the consequences and risks of testing applications that are not designed for or tested on the iOS 5 beta).

Name: LSBattery
    Author: Mathieu Bollard (mattlawer)
    Version: 0.0.2
    Price: Free

Note: PreferenceLoader is not currently supported on the iOS 5 beta - this means, you will not be able to configure any settings in the Settings.app for any of your Cydia applications that have tabs (i.e. you can't enable or disable LSBattery or change the options at all). This applies to any current applications or tweaks installed on the any of the iOS 5 betas that have settings tabs in the Settings.app. Basically, at this point, installing LSBattery on the iOS 5 beta is worthless. If you're on any of the 4.x firmwares or lower, than this is worth a shot.

Stay up to date with LSBattery and other applications by Mathieu Bollard (@mattlawer) by following him on Twitter.

P.S. If you'd like to donate to Mathieu for his work on his applications, feel free to donate to [email protected] via PayPal.

Source(s): Mathieu Bollard
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 08-12-2011 at 12:54 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From the looks of the First Screenshot, taskbar and lockscreen % are Off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kline1 View Post
    From the looks of the First Screenshot, taskbar and lockscreen % are Off.
    There was only one issue that was found with LSBattery. The battery percentage, whether on the clock or the slider label, display a different number than the status bar (notice from the above picture). This is a simple math coding issue and I'm sure that will be fixed soon.

The article mentioned that if you had read more carefully.

I chatted with him on Twitter as well and he's working on it now.

Thanks
    As soon as it's updated and working I will download this nice tweak

Currently it says "Jailbreak 4.2.1" as a slide label on my device. Although when this tweak is working I'll use the % as a label instead

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

i feel like this is just a great tweak.
    i don't even have it yet...

hope my tweaks are liked :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post

The article mentioned that if you had read more carefully.

I chatted with him on Twitter as well and he's working on it now.
    I actually did read that, but why use a screenshot with a BUG?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kline1 View Post
    I actually did read that, but why use a screenshot with a BUG?
    Because the tweak is bugged in general. However I did not realize this until after taking the screenshot. Plus, I made sure to document the issue plus a picture shows more credibility. What else was I supposed to take a screenshot of?

Thanks
    Damn tuck get off his d$&@. These apps and similar have been out forever.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Samandrew View Post
    I simply report the news and give people the choice to decide whether they want to use it or not. Contrary to your belief, not everyone knows about everything in regards to Cydia, tweaks, and applications. Sometimes people would rather try new options and so offering them the option is a plus. Or, if they don't know all the ins and outs of Cydia, these articles can bring them features they never knew they could get.

So with that said, it is ultimately your choice to not use these tweaks (whatever ones) or not. Don't discount people who may be excited or new to the scene. Plus, I make note to mention that there are other similar applications on the market. I don't say "Oh wow, this is totally new and never been done before." I do my homework and know a lot about Cydia as is. It's my job.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 08-12-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

I am new to jail breaking and new to Cydia so I appreciate all the info you give Josh. I enjoy your articles and they are informative to us newbies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyj29 View Post
    I am new to jail breaking and new to Cydia so I appreciate all the info you give Josh. I enjoy your articles and they are informative to us newbies.
    I'm glad I could be of help! I do my best to put out as much for everyone. Continue to enjoy your jailbroken device - you'll never want to go back!

Thanks

Lol @ that nice fail. But ye this isn't really FP worthy.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, so if tweaks like this can read from the battery... why can't it be done in html too???? this would be awesome for us themers...

Thanks

All look the same to me

Thanks

stupid

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Samandrew View Post
    Why don't you have some self respect and talk civilly to people. I have been in the jailbreak community for 2 years and didn't know of a tweak like this.

Josh, you write great articles and they are very informative. Keep up the great work, the majority of the members appreciate your articles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    I simply report the news and give people the choice to decide whether they want to use it or not. Contrary to your belief, not everyone knows about everything in regards to Cydia, tweaks, and applications. Sometimes people would rather try new options and so offering them the option is a plus. Or, if they don't know all the ins and outs of Cydia, these articles can bring them features they never knew they could get.

So with that said, it is ultimately your choice to not use these tweaks (whatever ones) or not. Don't discount people who may be excited or new to the scene. Plus, I make note to mention that there are other similar applications on the market. I don't say "Oh wow, this is totally new and never been done before." I do my homework and know a lot about Cydia as is. It's my job.

Well this got out of hand quickly, i appreciate what you do in here mang. I was just saying, maybe something as simple as disabling the % for the taskbar would of been nice so you won't have both showing, so I'm sorry if this got out of hand, I am currently using it and sometimes its off and sometimes is fine, looks good. THANX