+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Verizon Joins AT&T in Effort to Stop Tethering Via Jailbreak Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 Because tethering typically uses FAR more data than what the phone would use by itself. Seriously, you people who try to "hide" and tether when it's
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple brandyn baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Because tethering typically uses FAR more data than what the phone would use by itself.

    Seriously, you people who try to "hide" and tether when it's not part of your plan are clogging up the networks for the rest of us, including the ones who legitimately pay for tethering service.
    That's a ******* good one... "Clogging" if you want to pay for it that's your problem. It's just like getting free music I don't pay for my songs but I have to go through more steps to get it. It doesn't clog ****. It's the same as people who use Netflix pandora YouTube constantly. And with ios5 u can use cellular data for hd YouTube and FaceTime now. "clogging" smh

  2. #42
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I wouldn't goto Sprint, slow ***** network. My iPhone 4 download on 3G was faster than my buddies EVO 4G on there whatever 4G network they call it "Winmax" or whatever.
    +1
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  3. #43
    Green Apple brandyn baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjh View Post
    you're*



    you're*



    you're*
    :middlefinger: get a life

  4. #44
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by brandyn baker View Post
    :middlefinger: get a life
    +1

  5. #45
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    You say "illegal tethering" like it's some kind of offense punishable by law. There is no law against tethering.
    It's against your TOS. You're breaking your contract

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
    I use PDANet along with a VPN and it works excellent. It must be done in the right order, though. If the VPN drops off while tethering you're exposed! I turn on PDANet first and enable the WiFi hotspot. I do not connect to the hotspot. I enable VPN, then connect to the hotspot. Doing things in this order remains very stable and the VPN does not fall off.

    It would be impossible to completely hide tethering. A laptop uses more ports and does too many detectable things. Enabling VPN on the iPhone hides everything that goes on.

    Overplay VPN works good for me. It's cheaper than tether charges, plus I have excellent protection whether going through the iPhone and enabling VPN on the iPhone, or enabling VPN on my laptop when on a public WiFi. I get all with one account.

  7. #47
    Green Apple imanono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bikkinni Bottem
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    For those saying "can't wait for Sprint iPhone, real unlimited plan!" just note that unlimited data on AT&T as well as Verizon was $30 a month. Know how much Sprint's is? A little over $70 a month. Have a great time on Sprint!

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by imanono View Post
    For those saying "can't wait for Sprint iPhone, real unlimited plan!" just note that unlimited data on AT&T as well as Verizon was $30 a month. Know how much Sprint's is? A little over $70 a month. Have a great time on Sprint!
    +1

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    That because most of the people here in the US are a buncha squares who just accept the cards they are dealt instead of getting up and going to a different table!

  10. #50
    What's Jailbreak? FunnySideUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Earth, The Universe
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by imanono View Post
    For those saying "can't wait for Sprint iPhone, real unlimited plan!" just note that unlimited data on AT&T as well as Verizon was $30 a month. Know how much Sprint's is? A little over $70 a month. Have a great time on Sprint!
    it's not that unlimited data is $70... it's unlimited everything for $70, I'd know, i have sprint.

  11. #51
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    Said it before on here and I will say it again. Go ahead and change my unlimited data plan. Breach of contract and I can cancel without early termination fees.
    Wow, you're a tough guy. Even if this happened to you, you'd never post here and admit it.

  12. #52
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    Said it before on here and I will say it again. Go ahead and change my unlimited data plan. Breach of contract and I can cancel without early termination fees. So thanks for the 3 iPhones on my plan I can sell unlocked/jailbroke. Good job! Kudos for you VZW/AT&T. May not seem like a big lose for ya but the $2,500/yr. you get off me can go somewhere else now. TADA!
    You may want to double check your contract because clearly you didn't read it. Your contract only ensures you keep working service under that particular company for xyz time, nothing to do with the data plan as that is an feature, but in this case, a required feature. As to why you can switch to an non-smartphone and no breach on contract. So canceling will still cause an ETF because you terminated the required active service and the carrier can clearly change the features on your acct because it's just that, an feature, especially if it's being used the wrong way.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  13. #53
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All this nonsense about clogging up the network is not the reason. All of the carriers are focused on one thing, profit. If they can find a way to get money from you will. Remember with ATT you have no choice with the iPhone, you must have a data account with it. They want you to use lots of data bandwidth AND they want to get paid by you for doing it.

    I use 2 gigs a month and that's from using pandora to stream audio on my way to work and back.

  14. #54
    iPhoneaholic buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 79 Times in 57 Posts

    It's the telcos' fault for offering an unlimited service. The consumer is being punished for corporate incompetence. It's the American Way.

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Because tethering typically uses FAR more data than what the phone would use by itself.

    Seriously, you people who try to "hide" and tether when it's not part of your plan are clogging up the networks for the rest of us, including the ones who legitimately pay for tethering service.

  15. #55
    iPhoneaholic bigliquid530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    They keep messing around I can see the hackers doing what they done to Sony a few month back, but all this is bull, I really hope the gov gets involved in this and they stop it because the unlimted plan is complete false advertisement

    Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    That because most of the people here in the US are a buncha squares who just accept the cards they are dealt instead of getting up and going to a different table!
    Lol

  16. #56
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Its sad to say they can govern our use of data. I really hope Sprint doesn't get rid of their unlimited plan and the iphone will come to that carrier.

    This is what I had to do to get unlimited data...I got a Clearwireless 4G hotspot. Clear isn't the great company but at least its unlimited and since I travel a lot. There is a lot of down time I like to watch youtube video's etc......and trust me 2GB isn't going to cut it.

  17. #57
    Green Apple travis_t80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    A-town
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    I feel that someone is going to be able to figure out how to avoid whatever these carriers are using to detect if someone is tethering legitimately or not.

    It's a damn shame that someone will have to do so in the first place.

  18. #58
    iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 24 Times in 13 Posts

    Don't get me wrong I hate that these companies think they still own ur device even after u buy it and own u 2. But we all hate it but we all still buy there products, this is also a reason y the dev teams need to stop with the social network beefin with each other n stick together to out smart these companies

  19. #59
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Milk0 View Post
    I agree 100%
    100% agree also sprint iPhone sold , it is awe full after 7 years for me on AT&T I'll switch in a heartbeat! I'm seriously thinking about an evo type phone on sprint!

    Quote Originally Posted by imanono View Post
    For those saying "can't wait for Sprint iPhone, real unlimited plan!" just note that unlimited data on AT&T as well as Verizon was $30 a month. Know how much Sprint's is? A little over $70 a month. Have a great time on Sprint!
    That's wierd I pay 79.99 unlimited everything Internet , text , voice for my sons phone where did u come up with that?
    Last edited by trialnterror; 08-10-2011 at 07:32 PM.

  20. #60
    What's Jailbreak? manifestojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's the only way to get unlimited data with Sprint. $69.99 Unlimited text and data 450 anytime minutes. Call any cell phone in US unlimited. Extra $10 if you get a 4G phone. Even if you don't have 4G coverage.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts