Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Cracking Down on Developers Selling iOS 5 beta

Geez, Apple=Nazi...

Quote Originally Posted by bride03 View Post
    Bro, i have a jailbreaker friend (not so close friend) who use to jailbreak some iphones etc.. he wanter to deal me with this...
    " he has an iphone 3gs 8gig with iOs of 4.3.1 and he wanted to swap my iphone 3gs 16gig with iOs of 4.3.4..
    i need your help guys.. . its bothering me because of the memory space 8gig vs. 16gig.. will i accept the offer or not? thanks.. plss... you can email me @ [email protected] or may add me in friendster.. thanks.. T_T
    Clearly only an idiot would accept this offer.
    So yes, you should.

On topic though, I think thats kind of a bogus excuse. Anyone installing iOS 5.0 beta should know exactly what a beta is and shouldn't reflect whether they invest in the new phone or upgrade to the new OS.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am sure I will be flamed, but I will say this anyway.

Dev slots are not made for selling, but actual legitimate testing. With all the selling going on I wouldn't be surprised if they significantly reduced dev slots or just changed the system all together. A few greedy idiots ruining it for everyone as is so often the case...

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I am sure I will be flamed, but I will say this anyway.

Dev slots are not made for selling, but actual legitimate testing. With all the selling going on I wouldn't be surprised if they significantly reduced dev slots or just changed the system all together. A few greedy idiots ruining it for everyone as is so often the case...
    I doubt you'll get flamed. In this thread we have:

2 trolls; first two posts attacking apple
    20 biters; first biting trolls and then biting eachother
    1 possible(?) spammer

I think you're safe :P

Thanks

thats stupid apple needs to stop overlording their products, its annoying. They waste more time trying to prevent someone than they do making their products better

How about Apple only allows real developers that actually develop something have these account, not just anyone with $99

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Agreed. I don't see why it's so hard for people to understand that
    Idk. Does any body really read the terms of service stuff? I don't. I'm also not a iOS 5 dev either so it doesn't matter to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't gotten bricked yet and I just updated to beta 5 hopefully they don't get my UDID I payed $8 for this

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth726 View Post
    Geez, Apple=Nazi...
    What an utterly idiotic comment.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    How about Apple only allows real developers that actually develop something have these account, not just anyone with $99
    How do you filter out the chaff?
    Without skewing the process hopelessly in favor of the guys with way more than $99?

It's really not that complicated

That is funny, I will give away 20 slots on my developer account if whoever wants to send me their UDID to myxperiance at gmail dot com. First come first served, take that Apple, also I will delete your UDID after the official iOS 5 goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Modmywhat? View Post
    If they close SB's account. I'm personally flying down to Cupertino and beating the **** out of Stevie Jobs.
    wow take it easy and i bet you have written this via idevice!!
    My Twitter : @cosmi3_

I don't see anything wrong with this

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    How do you filter out the chaff?
    Without skewing the process hopelessly in favor of the guys with way more than $99?
    I agree. I own a developer account, but I do not put out applications of my own. I do freelance QA for some smaller software houses and I get asked "Is our app iOS x+1 ready?" quite often, so I decided it made sense for me to keep up on the iOS betas and their API changes.

If Apple changed the rules to require that I put out an app, I'd probably list a flashlight app in the store. Do we really need more of those?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12