+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Russia Expected to Get iPhone 5 Right After The US

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Russia may be among the first nations on earth that Apple's iPhone 5 looks to conquer upon its release this fall. According to a new report from Bloomberg, which gleans
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Russia Expected to Get iPhone 5 Right After The US

Russia may be among the first nations on earth that Apple's iPhone 5 looks to conquer upon its release this fall.

According to a new report from Bloomberg, which gleans its insights from an RBC Daily report, Apple is reportedly on track to introduce the iPhone 5 in Russia, possibly as early as November, just weeks after the fifth generation device is expected to drop in the US.

"Russian cellphone operators are in talks with Apple about speeding up deliveries, as previous iPhone versions were introduced in Russia much later than in the U.S., causing a large volume of unauthorized sales," the initial RBC report reads (once translated, that is).

As it now stands, there's an excellent possibility that the iPhone 5 will debut in the US this September, followed by China in October, and Russia in November (not to mention countless other, smaller markets tossed into the mix along the way).

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

I don't get why they don't release the iPhones in more countries on launch. It cheesed off a lot of people that it took a month for the iPhone 4 to get to Canada

p.s. Based on the photo it looks like they're just getting the iPhone 2G

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Does anyone really care that Russians will get iPhone? Not like they are going to create weapon of mass destruction with it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I think it's just a picture of an iPhone in Russia...to show that there's going to be an iPhone in Russia. They don't even have a real picture of the 5 yet.

Thanks

Cuz 'ol Jobsy and Vladamir Putin are old pals. Putin runs russia like apple, and Jobs runs apple like russia.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't get why they don't release the iPhones in more countries on launch. It cheesed off a lot of people that it took a month for the iPhone 4 to get to Canada
    Because they can't manufacture enough to launch in all countries on launch. They'd need to cease production of the previous model and begin production of the new model many many months in advance to stockpile enough.
    They could launch in more counties, but you'd find it very hard to get one, stock would be so low.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Because they can't manufacture enough to launch in all countries on launch. They'd need to cease production of the previous model and begin production of the new model many many months in advance to stockpile enough.
    They could launch in more counties, but you'd find it very hard to get one, stock would be so low.
    Shouldn't be much of a problem much longer with 1 million robots going into the Foxconn plants in China.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Their best sales have historically been the US. I am sure they want to cater to the US market first. Plenty of companies do this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

We are the U.S. Of A we should always get things 1st silly lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Does anyone really care that Russians will get iPhone? Not like they are going to create weapon of mass destruction with it.
    No we really don't care!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    Cuz 'ol Jobsy and Vladamir Putin are old pals. Putin runs russia like apple, and Jobs runs apple like russia.
    Wow! You know, that's a good analogy!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I care cuz the sooner apple releases the less money I will be making when they do release these iPhones. No good!:mad

Thanks

apple should launch their iphones in more countries at the same time rather than US
    My Twitter : @cosmi3_

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    You got that right. I know Russia isn't communist anymore but Apple has a communist type of approach in their business practices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why is the phone on top of the ledge like that? >_<

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Subtenko View Post
    why is the phone on top of the ledge like that? >_<
    It's just a picture bro -.-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

a lot of RUSSIANS have last gen ios devevices.and we also have TOPOL-M UHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH UHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA