+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Component Surfaces on Chinese Importer Website

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 Component Surfaces on Chinese Importer Website

Rumors surrounding the fifth-generation iPhone are already starting to fly and it’s not even expected to be released until sometime next month. SW-Box, who specializes in replacement parts for the iPhone and other electronic devices, claims to have obtained a genuine iPhone 5 component.

The part they claim to have is a proximity light sensor flex cable. If you’re wondering what this does exactly, according to SW-Box, “It's the part responsible for making the screen go dark when you bring your face up to your phone to talk. When this part fails, the screen doesn't fade out and you end up pressing numbers with your cheek also called "cheek dialing."

The site also claims the component is “Micro-architectured to stand the tests of time and heat, this flex cable is evidence of solid engineering: dynamic light sensing diodes and high flow terminals allow it to properly pick up proximity for fully featured functionality at a surprisingly low cost.”

Apparently, the factory where these parts are being manufactured is only “a stone's throw from our offices.” The factory in question, is most likely the Foxconn plant in Shenzhen, China. Because of the size of this component, it’s not hard to imagine someone sneaking it out and selling in to someone down the road.

If this part turns out to be the genuine article, then it differs from the proximity light sensor used in the current iPhone 4 (GSM model). The proximity light sensor on the iPhone 4 contains the power button, noise cancelling mic and the proximity and ambient light sensors. This new part lacks a mic, which indicates the next iPhone model will have an interior design significantly different from the current model.

No one can seem to agree on exactly when the iPhone 5 will launch, some say September, but others insist that it won’t arrive until early October. My money is on a September release. It seems likely that it will be part of the Special Event that Apple holds every year to unveil the latest iPod models.

We recently reported that wireless carriers are currently secretly testing the iPhone 5. This indicates that the launch date could be rapidly approaching. We’ll know more in the coming weeks.

Source: AppleInsider

Thanks

Wasn't something similar (but not the same - IIRC) floating around a while ago - same piece but I don't remember it looking quite like that.

Will have to see if I can find linky.

Thanks

lol i can just imagine the iPhone 5 now.... just from this part... its going to look amazing... looks like were getting a 5 inch screen... and its going to be 2056x1440 res... mmmmm (note.... the resolution probably doesn't' make sense... i made it up off the top of my head... give me a break!)

Thanks

Maybe this is what I was thinking of - but I'm not sure First iPad 3 Component Image Reportedly Leaked From Inside Asian Supply Chain

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Leave it to China to show us "iPhone 5 component"

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    lol i can just imagine the iPhone 5 now.... just from this part... its going to look amazing... looks like were getting a 5 inch screen... and its going to be 2056x1440 res... mmmmm (note.... the resolution probably doesn't' make sense... i made it up off the top of my head... give me a break!)
    I think I would be good if they would just bump it up to 4, maybe a little more. But I would certainly like to see how 5 would look lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

I love it when people start randomly "finding" future iPhone parts and cases. It's my favorite time of year (exaggeration).

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I am surprised that there isnt more of the components released from China. After all they stole ideas, patents and security info from several countries in their spying efforts...

Apple needs to pull out of China and make this thing 100% american made.

Aside from the fact it came from China. I like the "rumor" news on new iProducts. I think the new hardware pic shows a greater change to the device than everyone initially predicted.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    I am surprised that there isnt more of the components released from China. After all they stole ideas, patents and security info from several countries in their spying efforts...

Aside from the fact it came from China. I like the "rumor" news on new iProducts. I think the new hardware pic shows a greater change to the device than everyone initially predicted.
    American made? LOL... that's just funny. Prices would sky rocket and Apple would go out of business.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post

American? Yeah right. Although I'm for being everything American but if we did that we wouldn't be able to afford anything.

Thanks

I know which parts these are, but I always think it's a jigsaw puzzle when I see images like this

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just can;t get excited about this. I mean, we know a new phone is coming. This little piece really doesn't give us much workable information about the phone. Fake mock-up pics are more exciting than this, as far as I am concerned. Nobody is sitting here wondering whether this thing is actually coming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    American made? LOL... that's just funny. Prices would sky rocket and Apple would go out of business.
    Not if you could find 1 Million Roberts to work in the factory.
    Apparently Foxconn are renaming 1 Million of their workers 'Robert' as it is a well known fact that anyone called Robert is far more efficient and will work for less money than anyone else.

Or did I read that wrong?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

American made does not necessarily equate to prices skyrocketing so long as the company is willing to make less of a profit. In many cases (read: NOT ALL) companies would do just fine if they were willing to cut the salaries of their heads down from millions to hundreds of thousands. Fact is, America did just fine without rampant outsourcing a few decades ago and people were able to afford things. The only reason that can't happen now is that corporations have convinced the public that we cannot live without said outsourcing (because they would rather not live with it).
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-06-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

i dont trust these chinese guys some weeks ago they surfaced ipad 3 dock IDK
    My Twitter : @cosmi3_