+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China Mobile Confirms Apple to Release 4G TD-LTE iPhone, Allegedly

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Giz-China is reporting that Apple has reached an agreement with China Mobile, China's largest wireless provider, and by extension the world's largest provider, to bring a 4G TD-LTE version of
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default China Mobile Confirms Apple to Release 4G TD-LTE iPhone, Allegedly

Giz-China is reporting that Apple has reached an agreement with China Mobile, China's largest wireless provider, and by extension the world's largest provider, to bring a 4G TD-LTE version of the iPhone to their network.

The deal would secure Apple another 600 million plus potential buyers with a potential upside of $70 billion to $200 billion according to to AllthingsD.

Thats a lot of money.

The alleged confirmation jives well with reports from earlier this year, but still doesn't specify a model of iPhone or when it will be released. Images of Apple COO Tim Cook visiting China Mobile's headquarters in June have helped fule the rumors as well. The move to bring the iPhone to China Mobile would no doubt be a smart decision for Apple, but the legitimacy of the alleged confirmation should be taken with a grain of very large, rocky salt, reminiscent of deer-lick.

Tim Cook did give up this gem of information during the last quarterly earning's call when asked about the prospect of a deal with China Mobile:

Pre-paid or unlocked phones (phones without contract) are very key in China. And very key in a number of emerging markets where credit systems are not as well established as in Western Europe, USA, Japan, etc. The iPhone volume for the first 3 quarters of the fiscal year was up 5X year over year. We are not saying at all how to play perfectly in the environment. We have more to do and more to learn. We feel very good about our progress. We are taking those learnings and applying them to other markets as well. - Cook
    I'm no financial advisor, but if and when Apple announces the availability of the iPhone on China Mobile, that stock price is gonna jump.

Source: Giz-China, AllThingsD
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 08-04-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks

I kind of like that rendering of the upcoming iPhone. Best I've seen so far.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ya that phone looks pimp. Huge *** screen.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The back looks really nice, especially if it's a matte type feel. But the front looks like 80% of android devices now, with less bevel.

Thanks

I would love a big screen like that in the pic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It looks like another android phone, I hope the screen is that size though

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GodStang View Post
    Ya that phone looks pimp. Huge *** screen.
    Ya, something apple won't give you. Keep hoping. Your hopes and dreams are like unicorn kisses to Jobs. But he still never gives you want you want, at least not until its out of date and charges an arm and a leg for it. Then he can call it the upgrade you've been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb.. View Post
    It looks like another android phone, I hope the screen is that size though
    Thats because Apple no longer innovates. They just use what other companies have done, and then sue those companies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

it will be great if/when apple does drop a device that once again outdoes all others and the ppl who are so sure they know what we are or arent going to get are slapped in their faces.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone Else Notice There's No Flash

ADF
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol. You mmi guys used too awesome of a photo. Now no one is paying any attention to the article.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ADF View Post
    Lol. You mmi guys used too awesome of a photo. Now no one is paying any attention to the article.
    Pretty accurate comment. But it does bring the anticipation of a 4G LTE iPhone a little bit closer to reality in the US.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Ya, something apple won't give you. Keep hoping. Your hopes and dreams are like unicorn kisses to Jobs. But he still never gives you want you want, at least not until its out of date and charges an arm and a leg for it. Then he can call it the upgrade you've been waiting for.
    And yet people are still flocking to buy their products. I can't blame Apple entirely for devising a system that is working. I blame the consumer just as much who continues to buy their products and does nothing to hit Apple where it hurts.....their big fat wallet that could crush a building.

So either the consumers are satisfied with Apple, or they just don't care enough to do anything about it even though there are plenty of alternative mobile phone options.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to know how you have seen the new iPhone? You don't have a clue what Apple will release. We will just wait and see, and what if your wrong and apple has a larger screen on the next iPhone? Time to put your foot in your mouth then....

Thanks

This will make a huge difference. Cause everyone knows LTE is really popular
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Thats because Apple no longer innovates. They just use what other companies have done, and then sue those companies.
    in regards to the iPhone apple have never innovated apart from the app store IMO I never got the fist on as basics like mms were missing.

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

If that's what the phone will look like. That is just straight up sexy

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Even more reason to call it "iPhone 4G" instead of "4s" or "5" like most people predict.

Q: What kind of phone is that?
    A: Oh, it's an iPhone 4G!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    Anyone Else Notice There's No Flash
    pshhh they'll probably do something crazy like integrate the flash into the Apple logo itself!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

So you're saying that a 4G Chinese compatible iPhone will EVENTUALLY be released? I'll buy that.

On a side note, my sources have confirmed that Apple will (eventually) release the iPhone 7. Who want's to bet me my sources are wrong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    pshhh they'll probably do something crazy like integrate the flash into the Apple logo itself!!!
    How awesome would that be!