+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two-Thirds of BlackBerry Owners Anticipate Switch to iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Two-Thirds of BlackBerry Owners Anticipate Switch to iPhone

If you thought a lot of BlackBerry owners had already jumped ship and plunged into iPhone territory, it looks like we may not have seen anything yet. Although researchers readily admit that a small, regionalized sample of smartphone users were tapped for the study, the findings may still represent the widespread global attitudes of smartphone owners and prospective buyers.

According to the latest research (conducted by Piper Jaffray) into smartphone adoption, a staggering 67% of BlackBerry owners surveyed expressed their plans to make the switch to Apple's touchscreen smartphone when the time comes to get a new phone.

Only 26% of those surveyed admitted wanting to remain with the troubled RIM smartphone. In comparison to user loyalty on the Apple side of the equation, a resounding 94% of current iPhone owners say their next handset purchase will once again be a new or next-gen iPhone.

Android owners, however, are a tough breed to crack in terms of iOS conversion. 42% of Android owners intend to stick with their mobile operating system of choice. In the coming months, even with the anticipated launch of the iPhone 5, it's unlikely Apple will at any time soon make too great of a dent in Google’s mobile OS surge, which continues to claim a healthy portion of the total global smartphone market share.

Source: Piper Jaffray (via IntoMobile)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Smart move if you ask me. Blackberrys seem so archaic.

Android users are stubborn but I think thats because most of them just hate Apple for whatever reason. Its too bad. They dont know what they are missing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Even though I do believe there will be plenty of BB owners switching, this is a horrible study. 216 people out of the whole country or where ever its done.

Thanks

IDK....I don't see why if your a dedicated BB User why you would SHIFT from a BB to & iPhone. I admit it that my First Smartphone WAS a Blackberry 8310 Curve (None 3G), &even AFTER the first iPhone came out (NON-3G) i STILL suck with the BB cause of the BBM feature which wasn't & still isn't in the iPhone feature @ least until iOS5 comes out in a Few Months. I switched because i was fascinated with the Touchscreen & the Apps that were available @ that Time. Now i'm an iPhone Lover. So if you Love that OS & Company stick with it cause you never know...they could come out with something that could topple the iPhone & Android(highly doubt it) but..still.

Thanks

It will be a shame to see blackberry go under, they were really the king of smartphones when smartphones were not popular except for business use. The only way they could probably hang on is if they switched to android software. Their own OS is just not user friendly enough.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still use both, (my personal iphone and compay bb), I like to do business stuff on bb, specially the email app,I am still waiting on iphone 5 (didnt get the 4), the thing is that here in my country BB are selling like water in the dessert. I live in Central America. I think ppl here will be more willing to switch to iphone when they release a cheaper model. (You can get a bb with a plan for like $1. @$30 each month, Meanwhile if you want a iphone you need to pay $400.00 for it and $50 each month)
    Last edited by Myque; 08-02-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I work for a Fortune 300 company and I know we are moving to Apple devices and used to be a big BB shop.

Thanks

RIM, I fear has had it's day.

Android, on the other hand is a good alternative to iOS - not as good IMHO, but at a cheaper price point. Lot's of people can not afford iPhones - for them Android is a good choice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post

Android users are stubborn but I think thats because most of them just hate Apple for whatever reason. Its too bad. They dont know what they are missing.
    Please describe some of the things I'm missing from using using an iPhone as im currently using my HTC EVO 3D...

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    RIM, I fear has had it's day.

Android, on the other hand is a good alternative to iOS - not as good IMHO, but at a cheaper price point. Lot's of people can not afford iPhones - for them Android is a good choice.
    With the cheap iPhones out there i think many people can afford to buy one, of course it's the old model though.
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 08-02-2011 at 02:37 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't surprise me.. Blackberry has basically played itself out. RIM is going to have to step up their game big time if they want to compete with Apple or Google

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Please describe some of the things I'm missing from using using an iPhone as im currently using my HTC EVO 3D....
    For one thing, you're missing a super slick OS that is much more stable than android. However, I am not an Apple fanboy and will say that Android is a great competitor to iOS, considering its openess and nicer hardware. But with open sourceness comes a less stable OS. If I could, I would own Android and iOS
    Last edited by iPod; 08-02-2011 at 03:34 PM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me.. Blackberry has basically played itself out. RIM is going to have to step up their game big time if they want to compete with Apple or Google

For one thing, you're missing a super slick OS that is much more stable than android. However, I am not an Apple fanboy and will say that Android is a great competitor to iOS, considering its openess and nicer hardware. But with open sourceness comes a less stable OS. If I could, I would own Android and iOS
    Android runs fine on my phone, very stable and slick.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    BlackBerry dead
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    BlackBerry dead
    Hmmm. That must be why the U.S. President has one.

Banned
    Thanks

a staggering 67% of BlackBerry owners surveyed expressed their plans to make the switch to Apple's touchscreen smartphone when the time comes to get a new phone.

67% of how many people? there are millions and millions of BB users, I doubt very much that 67% of them want an iPhone.

whats with all the misleading articles found on apple fan sites lately?

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree 1000%! I love it when android owners try to tell me what their phone can do that mine can't. They just don't know that I've had mine jailbroken since day 1, and have in fact been tethering,multi-tasking,etc. for years.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I hope you guys know the reason why people use Blackberry is because of how secure the device is. Why do you think President Obama carries Blackberry and not an iPhone?
    BTW all these stupid survey that does not tell you how they took it makes this whole article USELESS, because they can easily do this survey based on 3 people that walked into an Apple Store and you wouldn't know.
    Starting to see alot of useless stuff this author posts on this site, starting to wish there is an ignore button so I do not have to see his useless posts.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    Although researchers readily admit that a small, regionalized sample of smartphone users were tapped for the study, the findings may still represent the widespread global attitudes of smartphone owners and prospective buyers.
    This is by far one of the dumbest things I have ever read. A small regionalized sample representing GLOBAL opinion? That's like saying a particular candidate will win the presidency because 80% of the people in one small county will vote for him.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

On the contrary, Apple users don't know what they're missing. Regardless how much I like my iPhone 4, I would gladly jump ship and start to use an HTC Android phone. An iPhone without a jailbreak is, simply put, "inefficient".
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Android users hate apple because people are always questioning their choice and thus they have to justify it. Nobody likes when someone is like"why did you buy this when this other thing is far better" or "why do you have to be different."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    On the contrary, Apple users don't know what they're missing. Regardless how much I like my iPhone 4, I would gladly jump ship and start to use an HTC Android phone. An iPhone without a jailbreak is, simply put, "inefficient".
    However, an Android can't reach its true potential without jailbreaking either. And iOS 5 is so far working quite well even without a jailbreak. It is definitely more efficient than 4 ever was. Of course, most of what they've done they probably took straight from jailbreakers...