Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Article: Square Now Processing $4 Million a Day in Mobile Payments

  1. #1
    Default Square Now Processing $4 million a Day in Mobile Payments


    It was only the end of May when Square, the mobile payment startup that could, announced it was processing a staggering $3 million a day in payments. The company is now processing $4 million a day and on track to surpass the $100 million mark in total transactions during the month of July.

    Square, started by Twitter founder Jack Dorsey, was recently valued at nearly $1 billion after a round of very lucrative ($100 million) funding. It helps that the company's card readers are now sold in every Apple store (with a $10 credit) and still available for free online. It has helped to the tune of 500,000 card readers being shipped so far and with more than a million transactions processed per month. Which only equates to like 2 transactions per person, but a lot of people probably just signed up online cause it was free.

    Anyway, it appears Square is here to stay. Or here to move around and take your money.

    Source: TechCrunch
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 07-31-2011 at 11:09 PM.

  2. #2
    I have used my square just a few times and love it makes it easy

  3. #3
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    2.75% flat-rate per-swipe is still a bit steep, especially for larger payments or a large-volume operation. Until that hurdle gets passed, I can't see this as really ubiquitous.

    I still love the concept, just want to see it really take off... all in due time I hope.

  4. #4
    See i am taking any where between 30-75 dollars payments on average so losing a 1.50 not to big of a deal
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    2.75% flat-rate per-swipe is still a bit steep, especially for larger payments or a large-volume operation. Until that hurdle gets passed, I can't see this as really ubiquitous.

    I still love the concept, just want to see it really take off... all in due time I hope.
    The reason they have those rates is to incourage use on small purchases, unlike credit cards.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I have used my square just a few times and love it makes it easy
    still waiting to get mines in the mail but wanted to know how long does the payment take to process?

  7. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    They need to bring this to the U.K. ....What's with the long thing !!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    2.75% flat-rate per-swipe is still a bit steep, especially for larger payments or a large-volume operation. Until that hurdle gets passed, I can't see this as really ubiquitous.

    I still love the concept, just want to see it really take off... all in due time I hope.
    What are you talking about? You hope they take off? They're doing 4,000,000 a DAY, you don't think that's taking off? How is it living in lala land?

    My wife and I use it from time to time.... We love it and will continue to use it as long as it's the best thing out there.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeazy21 View Post
    still waiting to get mines in the mail but wanted to know how long does the payment take to process?

    2-3 days depending on your bank, not too bad.

  10. #10
    i know i have been waiting on this to come to UK FOREVER!! i have been emailing them every now and then but no luck!! they don't have any plans as of yet, i was hoping that now Apple had decided to start selling them instore, that Apple would push it to the UK

  11. #11
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,536
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    We haven't used the one we have yet however I guess my husband is going to use my iPhone 3G so he can start using it. But going to give it a try using my iPhone.

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    I've been using Square for a while now.. love it

  13. #13
    2.75% is less than I pay for accepting Paypal payments on my website. It may not be ideal but it sure makes accepting payments a lot easier- and it makes impulse buys much easier for my customers which easily makes up for square's cut of my profits!

  14. #14
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    What are you talking about? You hope they take off? They're doing 4,000,000 a DAY, you don't think that's taking off? How is it living in lala land?

    My wife and I use it from time to time.... We love it and will continue to use it as long as it's the best thing out there.
    Four million transactions a day... in one nation of three-hundred-twenty million people. Visa's global processing volume in '09 was 62 billion transactions. Less than a sixtieth of one of four major cards' processing? That's smaller potatoes if you ask me. Yes, they're doing very well; but their overall market penetration is minimal at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by snarkster View Post
    2.75% is less than I pay for accepting Paypal payments on my website. It may not be ideal but it sure makes accepting payments a lot easier- and it makes impulse buys much easier for my customers which easily makes up for square's cut of my profits!
    Less than eBay, yeah; but Verifone for example is charging an average 1.73% plus fifteen cents on each transaction. I've seen Authorize.net resellers going for 1.55% plus fifteen cents (on smaller transactions). I personally support Square, I love their business model; but shaving off a few more percentage points could further boost business. My two cents.

  15. #15
    Better than PayPal 3% shaving percentage my help but better advertising I think would go a lot further
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  16. #16
    muaah nice service love it
    My Twitter : @cosmi3_

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •