+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Price Drop Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A number of reports are coming in that the iPhone 4 is going to see a price drop at a number of retailers tomorrow. Phone Arena is reporting that Target
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Price Drop Tomorrow

A number of reports are coming in that the iPhone 4 is going to see a price drop at a number of retailers tomorrow.

Phone Arena is reporting that Target will begin selling the iPhone 4 16GB tomorrow for $149.99 and the iPhone 4 32GB for $249.99. However, AT&T's 32GB version wont be cut in price at all. Also, Target will be running a trade-in promotion for 3GS owners giving them $100 off the cost of an iPhone 4 if they trade in their 3GS (which Target will be selling for $19.99). This effectively could cut the cost of a new iPhone 4 to $49.99.

Engadget is separately reporting that Radio Shack, everyones favorite place for hard to find banana wire crimpers, will be slashing the price of iPhone 4's to $169.99 (16GB) and $269.99 (32GB) and the 3GS to $19.99 (8GB).

New iPhones on the way soon anyone?

Source: Engadget, Phone Arena

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow this could only mean the iphone 5 is right around the corner!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Simon; 07-30-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks

I'd like to meet the poor sap that buys the 3GS xD

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Phone Arena is reporting that Target will begin selling the iPhone 4 16GB tomorrow for $149.99 and the iPhone 4 32GB for $249.99. However, AT&T's 32GB version wont be cut in price at all.
    Of course. Verizon would get these prices since their iphone sales are hurting. Sucks that ATT doesn't want to lower the 32GB but to each their own I guess.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrdok View Post
    wow this could only mean the iphone 5 is right around the corner!!!!!!!
    Define "right around the corner"!

Looks like a way to help boost some last-minute iPhone 4 sales for the next 6 weeks before the iPhone 5 allegedly drops.

Question for anyone who may know the answer......if I pay retail price for the iPhone 5, I still get to keep my Unlimited Data plan correct....since it will not involve a contract renewal?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Question for anyone who may know the answer......if I pay retail price for the iPhone 5, I still get to keep my Unlimited Data plan correct....since it will not involve a contract renewal?
    I also would like to know about this ?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,231 Times in 997 Posts

Gotta be eligible for an upgrade huh? 2 year contract with these deals

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Define "right around the corner"!

Looks like a way to help boost some last-minute iPhone 4 sales for the next 6 weeks before the iPhone 5 allegedly drops.

To the best of my knowledge, yes. Beware AT&T shenanigans, however.

Also, wow, this is a first for Apple, isn't it? I always remembered Apple charging full price for the old iPhones right up to the launch day of the next model... perhaps they're feeling some competition squeeze?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Could be Or maybe they're setting the market up for a tri-product offering with the current ip4 in the middle of the pack.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I believe if you have and upgrade available at at&t then they can't force you into changing your data plan. You would only be renewing your contract but everything should stay the same if you so desire. Or at least when I upgraded one of my lines a month or so ago they didn't take me off my unlimited data plan. And just in case nobody knew this yet. I talked to at&t customer service when i got my upgrade and they say you can actually upgrade a month before you actual 2 year renewal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

whats a iphone 5 lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris3k2 View Post
    And just in case nobody knew this yet. I talked to at&t customer service when i got my upgrade and they say you can actually upgrade a month before you actual 2 year renewal.
    I'm eligible for upgrade every 18 months.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

If you buy the iPhone 5 at full cost, you will be able to keep unlimited. If you buy it with a contact, you will get to keep unlimited.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am wondering if this also equates to a cheaper off-contract price?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3k2 View Post
    I believe if you have and upgrade available at at&t then they can't force you into changing your data plan. You would only be renewing your contract but everything should stay the same if you so desire. Or at least when I upgraded one of my lines a month or so ago they didn't take me off my unlimited data plan. And just in case nobody knew this yet. I talked to at&t customer service when i got my upgrade and they say you can actually upgrade a month before you actual 2 year renewal.
    Sure they can. They made a whole new plan going from the iPhone to the iPhone 3G regardless of whether or not you bought the 3G (or later) without actually renewing (lengthening) your contract. They can do the same thing with the next iPhone. I am not saying they WILL, but there is nothing in their terms that states they CAN'T.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBojank View Post
    If you buy the iPhone 5 at full cost, you will be able to keep unlimited. If you buy it with a contact, you will get to keep unlimited.
    I think people are questioning whether they will have to deal with throttling. Likely everyone will have to deal with this. Throttled data is still unlimited data by definition, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Could be Or maybe they're setting the market up for a tri-product offering with the current ip4 in the middle of the pack.
    I'd be doubtful of this, unless Apple wants to get flack for selling a phone (3GS) that they will inevitably stop supporting with iOS 6.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 07-31-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It would be nice to know if Apple would continue the factory unlock trend with the iPhone 5 they way they are with the iPhone 4 if you pay it out right. Just a thought

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    It would be nice to know if Apple would continue the factory unlock trend with the iPhone 5 they way they are with the iPhone 4 if you pay it out right. Just a thought
    I am guessing they will. I hope so anyway.

Livin the iPhone Life jelleheindryckx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sasukekun77 View Post
    I'd like to meet the poor sap that buys the 3GS xD
    not all peoples like to spend allot of money on there phone and its a great chance for those peoples to have a phone like that ( out dated I know )

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I can't believe how much you guys in the U.S getting taken to the cleaners for phones! When the iPhone 4 released over a year ago now here in Australia I got one on contract and you get the phone for free (32GB model as well). I pay $79 a month (my boss does actually) and I get like $800 worth of included calls 4GB of data a month free and unlimited text and mms worldwide and still I pay nothing for the phone upfront or at the end of my 2-year contract.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone verified that any of the aforementioned price drops actually occurred today?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

good
    news !!