+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Price Drop Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by RICO_ Define "right around the corner"! Looks like a way to help boost some last-minute iPhone 4 sales for the next 6 weeks before the iPhone 5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Define "right around the corner"!

Looks like a way to help boost some last-minute iPhone 4 sales for the next 6 weeks before the iPhone 5 allegedly drops.

Question for anyone who may know the answer......if I pay retail price for the iPhone 5, I still get to keep my Unlimited Data plan correct....since it will not involve a contract renewal?
    If you sign a new 2 year agreement if they offer early upgrades then yes. They did this with the 3g to 4 users, not the 3GS to 4.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post
    If you sign a new 2 year agreement if they offer early upgrades then yes. They did this with the 3g to 4 users, not the 3GS to 4.
    Why would I have to sign a new 2-yr agreement if I'm paying retail for the phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Why would I have to sign a new 2-yr agreement if I'm paying retail for the phone?
    Good luck getting unlimited otherwise.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post
    Good luck getting unlimited otherwise.
    you will not have to sign up for another 2 yrs to keep your unlimited. thats grandfathered from iphone to iphone. i bout my ip4 straight out and was able to keep my unlimited so i see no change to the next one.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    you will not have to sign up for another 2 yrs to keep your unlimited. thats grandfathered from iphone to iphone. i bout my ip4 straight out and was able to keep my unlimited so i see no change to the next one.
    This is what I was trying to get at. You got to keep your Unlimited because buying full-price meant you didn't have to renew or extend your contract right?

So AT&T will force me to switch to the new data plan if I go through the discounted upgrade program to get the new phone at a discounted price? Or will they continue to grandfather me in even if I do the upgrade pricing and extend/renew my contract?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes you can upgrade a month early on AT&T, I have done it before. But I was told by a good friend at the store that with the iPhone you are eligible for an upgrade after only 1 year! My contract doesn't end until the end of Feb next year, but I have been eligible for an upgrade for about 4 months!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry to say but this is this bogus info. I went to the Att site and it still the same prices. I also called my local att store and they said they haven't even heard of these prices happening soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, yes. Beware AT&T shenanigans, however.

Also, wow, this is a first for Apple, isn't it? I always remembered Apple charging full price for the old iPhones right up to the launch day of the next model... perhaps they're feeling some competition squeeze?
    What i would do is see if the SIM card is going to be the same. if so then I would have someone else pay retail at an apple store then just switch phones.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12