+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Wants to Limit Facetime Over 3G to Tiered Data Plans

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We need some more competition in the cellular sector. This is ridiculous, and has been for quite some time. 10 years ago I thought we'd all be on unlimited plans
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 839 Posts

We need some more competition in the cellular sector. This is ridiculous, and has been for quite some time.

10 years ago I thought we'd all be on unlimited plans for $30 a month by now - but it seems that Verizon and AT&T have agreed to extremely (suspiciously) similar plans.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some price-fixing going on here.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    There will be a jailbreak tweak to correct the blockage I'm sure. I think it depends on how Verizon handles the blocking of FaceTime. This is just disgusting though. They are making the cost of data too high, and if I am paying for my data, I should be able to use it however I want. It's already mine!
    The tweak is My3G

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sto AT&T take over
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    The tweak is My3G
    Now y'all see why the take over of tmobile by AT&T will be a detriment to consumers. Because it's just gonna be AT&T and verizon doing whatever they pleases with their customers. Imagine if we put more powers in the hand of AT&T, by them acquiring tmobile. We r screwed. ( power in the hand of a fool is a dangerous weapon) WMD.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iN2K View Post
    Maybe Apple should buy...them all.

lol
    Apple controlling hardware, software and service!? That could be really good or really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    The infrastructure for much of your landline data has been there for ages. In other words, they are not going from edge, to 3g, to 4g, to whatever other fancy buzz words you want on an evolving basis. The cables are there, under ground, and have been for decades for the most part. It costs much more to run and maintain and upgrade wireless technology...
    That is nonsense. Landlines are constantly being upgraded to fiber and etc.. Fiber is expensive..

Thanks

Default I agree
    I have Unlimited Data & now they wanna Throttle it. BUT..it doesn't bother me..cause it's Still UNLIMITED..LMAO But what Verizon is Doing is Well....DUMB.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    That's pathetic...I think limited plans are stupid anyway, data is cheap.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamipig22 View Post
    Now y'all see why the take over of tmobile by AT&T will be a detriment to consumers. Because it's just gonna be AT&T and verizon doing whatever they pleases with their customers. Imagine if we put more powers in the hand of AT&T, by them acquiring tmobile. We r screwed. ( power in the hand of a fool is a dangerous weapon) WMD.
    I think it's pretty clear they already are doing whatever they please, no?

Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post

That is nonsense. Landlines are constantly being upgraded to fiber and etc.. Fiber is expensive..
    And you pay more for the lines that utilize this. The $40 20mbit plan that the person I quoted was talking about is most likely standard cable which has been around for ages.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Well It doesn't Bother me, like I said b4. I have Unlimited Data & even if they Throttle it back a bit...IT'S still unlimited, & I'm not gonna buy the iPhone5 aka 4(S).
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

)
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

freaking build more towers, instead of pocketing the $$$ u make from us? So sooner R later we have to pay u just to turn our phone on? these stup*d company is getting more gready N gready... FU*K AT&T N VERIZON. 'I THINK THEY BOTH ARE BUTT BUDDY?" Take turn cleaning each other out...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There will be a jailbreak tweak to correct the blockage I'm sure. I think it depends on how Verizon handles the blocking of FaceTime. This is just disgusting though. They are making the cost of data too high, and if I am paying for my data, I should be able to use it however I want. It's already mine!
    All it would require is to block the ports FaceTime uses for video on the unlimited plan. That would be difficult to bypass on an iPhone, even jailbroken. It would then require a secondary device connection like the MiFi...

Remember Verizon told the FCC they were against net neutrality, so don't expect a different response...
    So far only Sprint still offers unlimited everything without a hassle. If they get the iPhone, I'm switching.
    They are already implementing limits to their prepaid brands (which are the money makers for them), so expect that to trickle to postpaid soon.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 07-30-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

There IS a tweak for FaceTime over 3G. It's called, Tango,Skype,My3G if you have a iPad2 You can Use PDANet, MyWi 4.0. I DOUBT Verizon will be able to SEEK out those whom are data hogs on Unlimited Like At&t does although I COULD be wrong & they probably aren't as Fast at detecting it either.

)
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    All it would require is to block the ports FaceTime uses for video on the unlimited plan. That would be difficult to bypass on an iPhone, even jailbroken. It would then require a secondary device connection like the MiFi...

Remember Verizon told the FCC they were against net neutrality, so don't expect a different response...They are already implementing limits to their prepaid brands (which are the money makers for them), so expect that to trickle to postpaid soon.
    Then all hope is lost.
    -FBIRyuJin

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12