+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Scheduled to Implement Data Throttling Just In Time For iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by luvmytj So they want to change my old contract (I was a Cingular customer) and throttle my data back... Maybe I want to throttle back how much
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    So they want to change my old contract (I was a Cingular customer) and throttle my data back...
    Maybe I want to throttle back how much I pay them... will that work?
    No. They will tell you that you are free to leave though.

I am sure these are similar issues that TMO users will have if the proposed merger goes through.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
    this is utter crap. Some months I might use a mere 500 mb

some months I'm 2-10 gb's

It just depends on my work schedule and access to my laptop.

Maybe if AT&T would actually spend some money and upgrade their network, bandwith issues wouldn't be such a problem. From 7 AM to 5 PM, I can see my 3G/Edge slow down to 1/4 it's normal speed. After 6 PM at night the speeds triple if not qualdrouple.
    Exactly same here dang AT&T being greedy

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually defend AT&T and tell people I am happy with my service. If they do this, I may start looking for a new carrier. This doesn't really make a good impression on prospecting customers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's AT&T, they will probaly start throttling us after 1Gig

Thanks

The last reason for me to stay with AT&T was the grandfathered data usage. You can count me gone if I get hit with a new limited policy. I'll go with the better customer service, lower prices and less dropped calls at that point.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GeoffS4 For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (07-29-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
    this is utter crap. Some months I might use a mere 500 mb

some months I'm 2-10 gb's

It just depends on my work schedule and access to my laptop.

Maybe if AT&T would actually spend some money and upgrade their network, bandwith issues wouldn't be such a problem. From 7 AM to 5 PM, I can see my 3G/Edge slow down to 1/4 it's normal speed. After 6 PM at night the speeds triple if not qualdrouple.
    It's not about bandwidth, it's about generating revenue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T Free Msg: Your messaging plan just got better! You can add calling to ANY US mobile phone at NO ADDITIONAL COST by updating your plan to Family Msg Unlimited w/Mobile-to-Any-Mobile calling. Click www.att-msg.com/m2am to log into myAT&T - select Features to update your plan. Std data chgs may apply.

I got this like a week ago

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I think we can all agree that 23GB on a phone is a bit excessive. Rollover data, as I had mentioned, would help alleviate people going slightly over every now and then. But 23GB... that's nearly the year's quota for new customers.
    I disagree that 23 GB is excessive. Downloading a few big game updates and streaming media can easily reach that amount. A years quota for new users? All that tells me is new users get ripped off. If AT&T genuinely could not afford unlimited data users they would drop them as customers. But they have not. Apparently they can afford it.

When AT&T forced people to sign up for unlimited plans regardless if they actually used any data they opened the door. Rather than expecting users to anticipate a change, I would have expected AT&T to anticipate a change. But they didn't, and forced people to overpay for data access. Now the burden is upon them to improve their network to accommodate these data plans they forced upon users.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Thanks

Awesome... Thanks AT&T. Every month you give me a reason to shoot you the middle finger. Every month without fail, you screw up my bill. Now, I use about 3gb a month on data and 1/3 of the month I'm gonna have to do it at Edge speeds. One day I do surely hope to see you bought out. Fitting enough, I have a feeling that one day, it will be Apple Inc.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Turnamental For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (07-29-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Lemme put it like this.......... If it were "only 5 % of AT&T users" then AT&T wouldn't be spending so much time on it......
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't want to sound like a moron, but how are you guys getting your data usage in gb?
    On my bill it's listed in Msg/KB/MB Used: 1,132,464 which I translate to around 1.2gb.

I called AT&T to see if I could lower my plan to save some money, but was told that I use around 2.5-3.5 gb a month.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DSR500cr View Post
    As far as I'm concerned this has already begun.
    I am one of the " Grandfathered Data users " on 5 lines and the 3G data speeds used to be " close " to my WiFi speeds using My3g app but that is ancient history..
    Fortunately there is WiFi almost everywhere now...
    That's what most people are forgetting. The wireless infrastructure is growing at an incredible rate. Heck...even a lot of gas stations are offering free wifi now. Before long having to bum data off your wireless carrier will be seldom needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really hope its higher than 2gb because that's just like having the already existing data capped plan.

I'm also guessing the data capped plans will be throttled too? If not, then it might be better to switch to a data capped plan and not be throttled, that is if you're not downloading like 50GB a month..

Data rollover would be awesome but I have a feeling AT&T won't be providing us with that any time soon. Just saying

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    No. They will tell you that you are free to leave though.

I am sure these are similar issues that TMO users will have if the proposed merger goes through.
    As a former at&t customer and current tmo customer I don't EVER want to give at&t another cent! If the merger does go through, I guess that will be the end of my iPhone ownership...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spoofdogg View Post
    I don't want to sound like a moron, but how are you guys getting your data usage in gb?
    On my bill it's listed in Msg/KB/MB Used: 1,132,464 which I translate to around 1.2gb.

I called AT&T to see if I could lower my plan to save some money, but was told that I use around 2.5-3.5 gb a month.

Any thoughts?
    That's actually closer to 1.1 gb, so yeah, something weird is going on. I would take your last few bills in hand and confront someone in-person at AT&T and ask them about their 2.5-3.5 GB claim.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this as ever been said or mentioned. I have Had unlimited data since the cingular days. then AT&T took over. Now I have been paying $30 a month for that unlimited service for awhile. Now. there wasnt that much online or use of DATA back then. no FB basically just surfing the web. email and so on. So basically i was paying more for unlimited DATA and not that much use for it. So in a way AT&T was making money off us back in the day for years. SO now that there is so much stuff that u can do on the web now. So what im saying is that I think AT&T needs to let us the UNLIMITED DATA people alone. They OWE us fro ripping us off all those years b4. wait till Sprint gets iphone. and see how many people jump ship from AT&T. sprint as unlimited data still

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

their data is already capped at 3 mbps and in some areas you cant even get that speed i can barely get 1mbps sometimes. their 3G speeds blows. they got holes in their networks. so much revenue just to provide ****** service and not to improve their network. so is this what tmobile merge will be like. miserable for 3mbps on already throttled network.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you really think Sprint will keep unlimited once they get the Iphone? Lets take Verizon for example.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh you poor guys ... I feel for you.

My operator in Finland is also an *******. First they offer me this outrageous data plan for my cellphone.1 GB of data transfer for 1.34 USD and if I go over 1GB they might throthle my plan, but not nececerely. And the speed is measily 0.5 mbit.

Also the bastards offer me 50 gigs with unlimited speed for 20 USD. And finally they rub it in even more by offering totally unlimited plan both speed / data amount for 28 USD.

Finally they really kicked my groins by telling me that they will give me -20% mobile customer bonus, for having both mobile and internet stick in their network.

Also they told me not to tether, because they couln't care less and they won't do nothing to stop me.