+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China Times: iPhone 5 Launching Second Week of September

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Regardless of whether the information coming from the rumor mill is correct, one thing is always certain - the rumors fly most furiously in the immediate weeks and days before
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default China Times: iPhone 5 Launching Second Week of September

Regardless of whether the information coming from the rumor mill is correct, one thing is always certain - the rumors fly most furiously in the immediate weeks and days before an Apple product launch. That said, given the flurry of iPhone 5 news and rumors we've heard in just the last 72 hours, it's obvious that the next generation iPhone isn't too far from our reach.

Late Wednesday, a report from the Chinese-based publication China Times indicated that Apple's internal plans for the iPhone 5 launch place the device on a path for release somewhere between September 6th and September 15th - roughly the second week of the month. As you are well aware, speculation about a mid-September iPhone 5 unveiling has persisted for months.

According to information presented in the report out of China, Apple will only have four million units in its first order to accommodate early adopters - a situation that could create an iPhone 5 supply crunch ahead of the holiday shopping season. Similarly, "component issues" have slowed progress on plans for the 3rd generation iPad, which no longer appears poised for a late 2011 release.

When you take into consideration the recent information leaks at AT&T, suspicious Apple hiring plans for late summer, purported iPhone 5 cases turning up online, and now the latest Apple news out of China, it's pretty clear that our long wait for the 5th generation iPhone is almost over.

Source: China Times, MacRumors

Thanks

ahhhhhhh its coming

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

stoked!

Thanks

I just hope to be a new style iPhone 5 .. I'm a apple fan and I got first gen iPhone ,3G,3GS and now my i4, cause if the i5 looks the same on the outside as i4 I tking i pass from buying it on the release day.
    pain & time and glory

Thanks

Nice cant wait

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
    I just hope to be a new style iPhone 5 .. I'm a apple fan and I got first gen iPhone ,3G,3GS and now my i4, cause if the i5 looks the same on the outside as i4 I tking i pass from buying it on the release day.
    I'm totally with you here bro!

I really hope it looks like the pic here. I personally miss the rounded back. It makes sense to look like that. It matches the iPad and MacBook Pro look. Even the iMac.

I've got 2 lines upgrade eligible since May. Thought maybe I'd hit June launch. Not so much. Come on release! At least show it to us Apple! I'm sick and tired of your Mission Impossible crap!
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just really don't need a complete update on the phone. The iPhone 4 is amazing. They could have waited 2 years and I wouldn't change it up.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the IP5 better have a substantial amount of upgrades otherwise I'm just going to buy the IP4. Right now I'm still using the first gen iphone so for me it's going to be quite a leap in upgrade, that is if I purchase the IP5.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds nice

but curious where that pic came from? cause i thought apple was gunna keep the flat glass back?
    Ive heard its gunna be called the iPhone 4s just an iPhone 4 but better like they did with the 3g to 3gs but who knows

personally i like the flat back cause i took my Apple brand off and put on a nice blue back on the phone, cost was about $10 when the apple one is $40 if u break it and you get a different look to all the other iphones out there
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 07-28-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks

iPhone5 aka 4(S) doesn't seem to sport n e new Tech other then a fast processor, possibly a larger screen+ a 8MP Cam, I'll wait till the TRUE iPhone5 comes out next year. When people ask what iPhone is that..i'll respond by saying it's NOT..the 3G iPhone..lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    iPhone5 aka 4(S) doesn't seem to sport n e new Tech other then a fast processor, possibly a larger screen+ a 8MP Cam, I'll wait till the TRUE iPhone5 comes out next year. When people ask what iPhone is that..i'll respond by saying it's NOT..the 3G iPhone..lol
    I don't want to falsely accuse, but weren't you banned for trolling?

~

If it's significantly improved and is the same price or less that the i4, I'll get one. My iPoT 3 is getting tired

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipony View Post
    ahhhhhhh its coming
    Thats what he said, and by he.... I mean ME!
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do we have any idea of the new tech the phone will have?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    iPhone with 4G, 8 MP HD camera, 5 MP front-facing camera, 4" Retina display.
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty stoked. According to the leaked case designs, I believe it will have a curved back like the concept photo above ^. I would really appreciate a new design... I got my wife the 4 and I really dont like how the hard edges feel in my had compared to my curved 3gs. Dont get me wrong, its a beautiful piece of hardware, just not very comfortable. Not to mention when it's in your pocket it is hard to tell which is the front and which is the back because of the glass on both sides. I think either way, Im going to get the 5 or (4s) or whatever because my 3gs is SOOO slow. I've only installed what I think is the absolute necessary cydia packages, ive deleted daemons, cleaned up excess languages and it is still frustratingly slow. Fingers crossed for a dual-core A5!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdog View Post
    Do we have any idea of the new tech the phone will have?
    look at post 9.....its rumored to still be 3g not 4g phone, which kinda sucks, and hopefully it will come to sprint

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Ooph, only 4 million units? I hope that's enough. Apple got 600,000 preorders for the iPhone 4, and that doesn't count AT&T, I don't think.

Now we have Verizon in the mix, too. This is going to be crazy.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

lol. All these people that are prematurely "stoked" and don't even know for sure what features this phone will have.

This could be the greatest phone ever....or a big letdown. Save your excitement for when you actually know something about this phone besides a potential release date.
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    iPhone with 4G, 8 MP HD camera, 5 MP front-facing camera, 4" Retina display.
    I will take 2 please!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

4million? i seriously hope they sorted their supply issues this time loved the iphone 4`s design but i wouldnt say no to a redesign along the lines of the ipad2.