Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3.5 Tethered Jailbreak Using RedSnow 0.9.8b4

Default iOS 4.3.5 Tethered Jailbreak Using RedSnow 0.9.8b4

Note: iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch only

As you all know, Apple release iOS 4.3.5 just the other day with minimal updates, and at the time of release, there was no known jailbreaking methods. It has recently come to light that redsn0w 0.9.8b4 will indeed jailbreak iOS 4.3.5, however in a Tethered only mode, which is as expected. Simply point redsn0w to the iOS 4.3.4 release.

So for those of you that are somehow stuck on iOS 4.3.5 and really need their jailbreak back, today is your lucky day. Head on over and download redsn0w and the appropriate iOS 4.3.4 firmware for your device. The rest is as per usual, follow the instructions and you'll be good to go.

Download Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 for Windows
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 for Mac

read this on twitter 1hr ago

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    read this on twitter 1hr ago
    You're so cooool!!!

interesting how redsn0w 0.9.8b4 came out before iOS 4.3.5 and can still jb it

Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post
    You're so cooool!!!
    lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    interesting how redsn0w 0.9.8b4 came out before ios 4.3.5 and can still jb it
    hah
    Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

The Family iPhone 2G , iPhone 3G ,Iphone 3Gs , Iphone 4
    13" MacBook ( Black )

It'll always work as tethered because of the limerain exploit until they change the hardware, or am I wrong?

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    It'll always work as tethered because of the limerain exploit until they change the hardware, or am I wrong?
    Incorrect. The AMC76 processor denies access through the p7 port, you have to re-initialize the PDF port to allow the exploit to gain access, resulting in error364 "access to DRM restricted through ATZ2 port D7"

Quote Originally Posted by iphonogasm View Post
    Incorrect. The AMC76 processor denies access through the p7 port, you have to re-initialize the PDF port to allow the exploit to gain access, resulting in error364 "access to DRM restricted through ATZ2 port D7"
    I'll just act like I know what you said and say,
    Yeah

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Sand View Post
    I'll just act like I know what you said and say,
    Yeah
    Your not alone on that one bro.

Thanks
    Hi
    is 4.3.4 Tethered or unTethered

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    interesting how redsn0w 0.9.8b4 came out before iOS 4.3.5 and can still jb it
    0.9.7b18 works too. I used it on an iPad on 4.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by notstrong View Post
    hi
    is 4.3.4 tethered or untethered

thanks
    tethered.

The windows download link needs to be corrected. Currently it points you to download redsn0w 0.9.8b3

What the hell is wrong with that phone in the picture? It looks like someone glued a piece of paper of a picture of an iphone on the screen. Is that a paper mâché iPhone or something? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    What the hell is wrong with that phone in the picture? It looks like someone glued a piece of paper of a picture of an iphone on the screen. Is that a paper mâché iPhone or something? Lol
    It's a screen protector.
    Or were you trolling? Lol

Correct link for Windows is https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...in_0.9.8b4.zip
    Sorry, I'm on holiday with VERY limited access to the outside world....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default redsn0w 0.9.8b4 Throws error
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Correct link for Windows is https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...in_0.9.8b4.zip
    Sorry, I'm on holiday with VERY limited access to the outside world....
    Hey - anyone to help me Jailbreak iPhone 3GS running 4.3.5.
    I downloaded the above redsnow version (yes correct version downloaded) and also downloaded the IPSW file from http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...1_Restore.ipsw

and when I select the IPSW file, it says processing firmware and later complains about "Unable to recognize specified IPSW".
    Not sure what I have been doing wrong. Help.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tadeeb View Post
    Hey - anyone to help me Jailbreak iPhone 3GS running 4.3.5.
    I downloaded the above redsnow version (yes correct version downloaded) and also downloaded the IPSW file from http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...1_Restore.ipsw

and when I select the IPSW file, it says processing firmware and later complains about "Unable to recognize specified IPSW".
    Not sure what I have been doing wrong. Help.
    Thanks in advance
    You need to point redsnow to iOS 4.3.4 instead of 4.3.5.

It also needsto be the Ipsw for the 3GS - from what I can see of the path of the dile downloaded it looks suspiciously like the iPhone 4 Ipsw.

[edit] This is what you get on a poor connection on an iPad - apple changed the path to iphone4 with iOS4 - and it's a file, not a dile[/edit]
    Last edited by confucious; 07-29-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast