+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PriceGrabber: 35% of Consumers Likely to Buy iPhone 5 Right Away

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The number of so-called early-adopters of iDevices is growing exponentially, according to the fascinating survey results published today by the team at PriceGrabber. Based on a survey of more than
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 564 Posts

Default PriceGrabber: 35% of Consumers Likely to Buy iPhone 5 Right Away

The number of so-called early-adopters of iDevices is growing exponentially, according to the fascinating survey results published today by the team at PriceGrabber. Based on a survey of more than 3,000 mobile consumers, better than one-third of respondents said they will scoop up the 5th generation iPhone right away.

35% of consumers in all will buy the iPhone 5 soon - probably within 6 months - after release. 51% revealed they plan to buy the refreshed device within its first full year of availability. 31%, however, said they will definitely purchase the long-awaited smartphone before the end of 2011.

During Apple's third fiscal quarter, Apple sold more than 20 million iPhones - a 142% increase over the same quarter in 2010. Although it's difficult to imagine Apple topping 20 million iPhones in a quarter again, if sales estimates and analyst projections (based on surveys like those of PriceGrabber and others) are correct, Apple may be on pace for subsequent record-setting quarters yet again.

As we reported earlier today, the latest information coming from sources close to AT&T and Apple suggest that it is now all but certain that the iPhone 5 will be released in September, though the official announcement and unveiling of the 5th generation smartphone could come as early as next month.

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhase4G's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll be one of the buyers love my iPhone 4 white but I'm ready for the new iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

uhhh of course they would buy it right away! Buy it and then sell it for huge profit!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think this is my opportunity to hold off and wait for contract to expire and switch over to Verizon without any penalty. Have to wait and see the differences.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I may skip the 5th generation all together since I just got my Verizon iPhone 4 in February, I will just wait until I can upgrade, by then the 6th generation may come out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^Jobs is not going to like that at all!!!
    How dare you break Jobs "Must own it at all cost" marketing tactic

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, I was expecting WWDC again... so no announcement via a big press conference? Or what? What kind of announcement do you expect?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    ^^Jobs is not going to like that at all!!!
    How dare you break Jobs "Must own it at all cost" marketing tactic
    Lol sorry to burst his bubble but 300 dollars is lalot for me to spend on a phone.

Thanks

I will ONLY buy the iPhone 5 if it is 4G!

Thanks

I'll be preordering mine on day one. Last year, AT&T's pre order blunder didn't make it past day one...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

35% of consumers will be guinea pigs for the rest of us to determine if this phone is actually worth getting.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 564 Posts

Well I for one am ready for a new iPhone... I am still using the 3Gs!

Thanks

LOL!!!@ The iPhone5 aka iPhone4(S). I'm going to be making Fun of those whom buy the New iPhone5 aka iPhone4(S). As far as I know..is there ANY design Specs on "THIS NEW Phone" besides a 8MP cam & Faster Processor? And what will those SAME people Do when the 2012 4G iPhone comes out? LMAO..they will be kicking themselves in the ***....while I'm going..WHOA...you got & iPhone5 uh? to bad it's still 3G..lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatalcrixer View Post
    I will ONLY buy the iPhone 5 if it is 4G!
    If you even take the time to read some of ModMyI's articles, then you would've known the ACTUAL 4G internet speed won't appear until 2013-14. Some phone companies boast they have acquired 4G (e.g. Verizon) but only for marketing reason's, and tests show that AT&T's 3G service is actually faster than the advertised Verizon's "4G" service. Next time, have the patience to read some articles. Just a suggestion.
    It Takes One To Know One

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Started with a 3G skipped 3GS got iphone 4 in april i think I'm gonna continue on this pattern unless my 4 breaks or the world ends

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

am going to get one for tmobile that actually supports 4g!

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope, I will wait for iPhone 6 or 7. Already got my iPhone 4 jailbroken and setup with tethering for my ipad2. Don't feel like having to spend more money this year on another phone. Already own 2 iPhone 3G, 2 iPhone 4s, and two iPad 2s. Just need a MacBook to complete my conversion to Apple (probably won't happen, I ike my PCs).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    If you even take the time to read some of ModMyI's articles, then you would've known the ACTUAL 4G internet speed won't appear until 2013-14. Some phone companies boast they have acquired 4G (e.g. Verizon) but only for marketing reason's, and tests show that AT&T's 3G service is actually faster than the advertised Verizon's "4G" service. Next time, have the patience to read some articles. Just a suggestion.
    Have you seen the speeds the Verizon thunderbolt gets on 4G? Att can't touch it in their dreams with 3G. If the next iPhone is 4G, I'm off to Verizon. I truly hate att customer service and cell service, but o refuse to buy a dead technology (CDMA)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd love to get the iPhone 5 on release date but sadly I will have to miss this year out again as a) I'm happy with my iPhone 4 and b) I'm rather low on cash and have other personal problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottw03 View Post
    Nope, I will wait for iPhone 6 or 7. Already got my iPhone 4 jailbroken and setup with tethering for my ipad2. Don't feel like having to spend more money this year on another phone. Already own 2 iPhone 3G, 2 iPhone 4s, and two iPad 2s. Just need a MacBook to complete my conversion to Apple (probably won't happen, I ike my PCs).
    Hey, I could take some of those extra devices off of your hands if you want.