+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 4 With redsn0w 0.9.8b4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious This thread is about RedSn0wwhich is tethered. If you consider redmondpie to be reliable then more fool you. I never stated it was rednsn0w that was
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    This thread is about RedSn0wwhich is tethered.
    If you consider redmondpie to be reliable then more fool you.
    I never stated it was rednsn0w that was untethered. I simply stated that there was an untethered jb for iOS 5.
    If it bothers you that much then simply don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    If im not mistaken, i believe for all the ios 5 betas, all te idevices have had a tethered jb except forthe 3gs, which has had an untethered... I could be wrong cuz i dont have a 3gs
    The statement wasn't about redsn0w being untethered but about iOS 5 being untethered or not and for that I simply stated with the proper answer.
    Last edited by ihappy; 07-24-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks

Clarification:

People that use sn0wbreeze with an iPhone 3GS old bootrom can indeed jailbreak untethered on iOS 5.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    Clarification:

People that use sn0wbreeze with an iPhone 3GS old bootrom can indeed jailbreak untethered on iOS 5.
    Thank you. That's all I was trying to get at

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Thank you. That's all I was trying to get at
    You posted in a thread about RedSn0w saying it was untethered when it's not.

If you are going to talk about other methods then you should make it clear that you are OT and not give the impresion that you are talking about the subject of this thread.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You posted in a thread about RedSn0w saying it was untethered when it's not.

If you are going to talk about other methods then you should make it clear that you are OT and not give the impresion that you are talking about the subject of this thread.
    Look guy. I'm done discussing this. The other guy had a question and I simply answered it. He didn't say redsn0w was untethered. He said "iOS 5" and from that I simply answered his question. I never stated redsn0w was untethered. I simply said there was an untethered jb for iOS 5. Case Closed.

Thanks

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, anyone who thinks redmondpie is reliable says all anyone needs to know.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

anyone who thinks redmondpie is reliable says all anyone needs to know.
    Its been used a numerous amount of times on MMi by many other members so obviously I'm not the only one who seems to think so.

Thanks

Relax guys it's really not worth arguing over.

On a side note, I hope somebody can make a tweak that will allow/bypass the upgrading/downgrading issue that will be final in the release of iOS 5
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 07-24-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks

Redmondpie is one of the few words that is banned from the blog, trying to explain why it is wrong just got to much of a pain.they are either wrong, or so inaccurate as to be considered wrong, on so many occasions that it got to the point where it just had to be blocked. No other website is as bad.
    It is not a site where anyone who wants to know about JailBreaking would visit.

Thanks

Redmondpie is one of the few words that is banned from the blog, trying to explain why it is wrong just got to much of a pain.they are either wrong, or so inaccurate as to be considered wrong, on so many occasions that it got to the point where it just had to be blocked. No other website is as bad.
    It is not a site where anyone who wants to know about JailBreaking would visit.
    You have no argument, you went from attacking him saying he's wrong about untethered jailbreaks when he isn't wrong, and then say he is still wrong cause he referred to a different method? He's right bottom line, and after you realize that you are wrong you attack his source instead, Redmondpie isnt necessarily reliable, but they do have guides that work, and some that don't, don't attack something that you don't have credible knowledge of, you obviously didn't know what you were talking about, I have a 3Gs, but not the old boot rom, so I can't comment if the guide works or not, but obviously people have confirmed it

Thanks

I 'attacked' him because he said, in a thread about RedSn0w, that it was an untethered JB. He made no mention of 'a different method'. He was plain wrong.
    As for Redmondpie, I have a lot of knowledge of their exceedingly crass and inacurate reporting and of having to help people recover from their inaccurate, or in some cases, just wrong, guides.
    I prefer to get my information from people who actually know what they are talking about.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I could care less if you attacked me or not. The fact of the matter is that there is an untethered jb whether you wish to believe it or not.
    You have your methods and I have mine. As far as Redmondpie goes I didn't say they were 100% accurate. I said "pretty reliable" meaning sometimes the guides work and sometimes they don't but you are more then welcome to attack that as well. Iclarified states there is an untethered method as well.

iClarified - Apple News - Sn0wBreeze Gets Updated to Jailbreak iOS 5.0b3

Regardless if a different method is brought up in a thread discussing only one way or not, it all leads to the same common goal and it still doesn't change the fact that there is a way to be untethered with iOS 5. Which is clearly what I was answering for that one member when you decided to jump in.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

dev is on top of it i love it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    I could care less if you attacked me or not. The fact of the matter is that there is an untethered jb whether you wish to believe it or not.
    It is my job to correct inaccurate and wildly misleadingstatements about the Dev Team's products. Unlike you, some of us actually care that correct information is available.

If you really think I didn't know about Sn0wbreeze then your ignorance is shining through. I even follow iH8Sn0w on twitter, but youprobably don't even know who he is.

If you are going to make inacurate and misleading statements I sugest you stick to Redmondpi as it is the sort of thing you find their which is wby it causes so many problems.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12