Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sick of Backseat Drivers and Noisy Children, There's an App For That

Default Sick of Backseat Drivers and Noisy Children, There's an App For That

Backseat Driver is the perfect solution to let young children feel like their useful while driving and to show annoying backseat drivers just how childish they are acting.

The simple GPS-based app is the first "toy" released by ToyToyota, and allows kids and those you are punishing, to go for a virtual drive by linking the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad to the current driving route. The game uses GPS to mirror the actual route of the vehicle, which is represented as the "Papa Car" during the "race." The players then steer the car left or right by using the phone's accelerometer and in the process try to pick up various ojects being dropped by the Papa Car.

The collected objects are stored like trophies and earn players points which can be used to customize the virtual car by installing new parts or changing the vehicles color. The game even comes complete with an online leader board with rankings according to users' total travel distance, and total points.

Kids who have to to suffer through cross country road trips are going to love this. Also, maybe certain individuals should be screened for driving competence using a less kiddy version of the app.

Source: GizMag

Green Apple
    Thanks
    if you have small kids wanting to go somewhere else, this might be good.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Will there be an iPad version?

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

how is it okay to hit a dog and buildings? haha bad drivers

Hehe. Great idea for kids. Not sure how it will stop friends and family from being backseat drivers though? lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

If the kids played it with headphones, it would be great! This is a really cool idea. Trust Toyota to be creative! The best part, the kids don't need your iPhone! If you tether an iPod touch or iPad to your phone, it relays the gps info. I like it!!

Thanks

Its all fun and games till you get stuck in traffic and your kid gets pissed because its not doing anything then decides to throw your phone out the window

great idea, i'd consider buying it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    Its all fun and games till you get stuck in traffic and your kid gets pissed because its not doing anything then decides to throw your phone out the window
    lmfao! Man i didn't even think about the traffic part!