Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: HTC Share Holders Jump Ship This Morning, Steve Jobs Laughs Maniacally

Default HTC Share Holders Jump Ship This Morning, Apple Laughs Maniacally

HTC stockholders are running for this hills this morning in reaction to the International Trade Commission's Ruling that the company violated two patents held by Apple.

In other reports maniacal laughter could be heard emanating from Steve Jobs mansion.

HTC shares dipped nearly 6.5% this morning cementing the free-fall the companies shares experienced last week. To help stop the bleeding HTC announced a $760 million share buy back program which the company hopes will help stabilize the companies stock price and restore investor confidence. According to Financial times the program "appeared to have little affect as the stock fell below HTC's minimum purchase price."

HTC recently acquired S3 graphics for $300 million in part to secure a number of patents to protect the Taiwanese company from Apple's legal team. The ITC actually ruled in favor S3 in a suit against Apple earlier this year. HTC purchased a patent portfolio from ADC communication for $75 million in addition to signing a Android protection pact with Microsoft.

Unless HTC can reaches a settlement with Apple, or the ITC ultimately rules against an outright ban of their products in the U.S. the companies stock could plummet further, and risk becoming the first casualty in this all out telecom patent war.

Source: Financial Times [via 9to5Mac]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know the stock ticker, or how to track that, seeing as they are in an Asian market?

In other reports maniacal laughter could be heard emanating from Steve Jobs' mansion.
    really...?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daerid View Post
    Does anyone know the stock ticker, or how to track that, seeing as they are in an Asian market?
    Some US brokers offer non-US market trades. The latest financial report (I didn't read it) almost surely provides the ticker name and symbol.

HTC - Investor

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    really...?
    Yes really because I could hear it in Australia. It was quite the manical.

I find it funny, Apple is using patents from S3 that is now owned by HTC, & HTC allegedly using Apple owned Patents.
    Why can't they just say hey we use yours, you use ours. Problem solved.

Unless HTC can reaches a settlement with Apple
    does anyone that writes for this site proof read their posts first?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitarplaya7777 View Post
    does anyone that writes for this site proof read their posts first?
    Proofread your own post! Nice capitalization error/typo! It's "proofread" or "proof-read" by the way. FAIL!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Proofread your own post! Nice capitalization error/typo! It's "proofread" or "proof-read" by the way. FAIL!
    As much as we should "proofread" our own post it's more important for the writter to proofread their post. Just my $0.02

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    ...Just my $0.02
    When it reaches $50 ... then ....

Thanks

As much as we should "proofread" our own post it's more important for the writter to proofread their post. Just my $0.02
    I can agree with that; however, if you're going to publicly criticize someone for typos then it would probably be smart not to commit the same errors while in the mist of calling out said person. Makes you look like a moron.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    When it reaches $50 ... then ....
    Agreed!

It shouldn't matter who it is. As the saying goes..... Don't preach what you teach!!!!
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 07-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can agree with that; however, if you're going to publicly criticize someone for typos then it would probably be smart not to commit the same errors while in the mist of calling out said person. Makes you look like a moron.
    Is that a sentence fragment and an incorrect spelling of "midst" that I spy there? :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Is that a sentence fragment and an incorrect spelling of "midst" that I spy there? :P
    It sure is! I'm not telling anyone to correct their grammar or spelling. I could care less. I'm never going to be perfect nor do I expect anyone else to be.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Cant we all just get along

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    really...?
    I don't think so.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Mr. Swanson...please proof-read your articles next time, oh dear!! TYPO's from HELL!!

It sure is! I'm not telling anyone to correct their grammar or spelling. I could care less. I'm never going to be perfect nor do I expect anyone else to be.
    ROFLMAO!!! Oh Crap, did I spell that right? Rolling on the floor, laughing my a** off, Yep, that's it!
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 07-18-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

We're all human. We all make mistakes.
    What's most important is not our perfection, but how we deal with imperfection.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Poseidon...In his defense, he's not a writer for ModMyI, so therefore, he cannot be held to the standard that we hold our writers for MMI! On a serious note, I could care less about how many errors Phillip makes, its just fun finding them! I kind of like it now, I've put away all my crossword books and just read through the writers articles here, in order to find the errors...its really fun, you should try it! LOL!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    We're all human. We all make mistakes.
    What's most important is not our perfection, but how we deal with imperfection.
    Damn Dr. Phil....that's deep.

(***Waits for "that's what she said!" remark***).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast