+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ruling On HTC By ITC Spells "Trouble" For Android Makers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Check it... apples what's happenen htc how you like them apples!!!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

Check it... apples what's happenen htc how you
    like them apples!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Do you know what a monopoly is and why they are bad?
    If there was an Apple only America....you can most definitely expect another zero or two to be added to the left of the decimal point in the price of all Apple's products
    I don't know how Monopoly laws apply, but would Monopoly laws apply if all the other major manufacturers were banned from U.S. sales because of patent infringements instead of being downright bought out by Apple's enormous piggy bank??

If Monopoly laws wouldn't apply then it seems to me like Apple has a cunning strategy going. If you can't buy them.....ban them. I don't know....it's just a thought I had.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Booyea!! I knew Android could not out beat the iPhone. Anything that can beat the iPhone is evil and somehow is cheating. The iPhone truly is unique.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    Booyea!! I knew Android could not out beat the iPhone. Anything that can beat the iPhone is evil and somehow is cheating. The iPhone truly is unique.
    L O L

That is all.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just to inform all of you, donīt forget that all these stuffs are make in Asia, donīt play with them, right now they can copy your soul!!!!!
    Country like US lost all Electronic industries for the Asians, there is no more chance for US produce apple products not with this price that you American paying now...

jrrtps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    apple also holds the patent for touch screen tech which they recently won.
    They only own the patent for a capacitive touch screen. Not just the touch screen. The Blackberry Storm has a touch screen but its not capacitive. Android phones do though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    I'm curious, what would happen if all android phones were banned, RIM is going to die soon if they don't have a successful product soon. Those two and Apple are pretty much the only three smart phone companies, so most likely Apple would be a monopoly, are there some kind of regulators or the sort to keep this from happening? I love Apple and IMO Android is an awful OS but I don't want to have to pay $1000 for the new Apple products, which might happen if they were the only company making smart phones

Just a thought
    Android is not a smartphone company. It's a mobile OS company, of which many smartphone manufacturers utilize for their products.

Apple makes a smartphones and has their own OS.
    RIM makes smartphones and has their own OS.
    Then there are many other companies who make smartphones and use the Android OS.
    And in a similar but not as widespread fashion, there are several companies making smartphones that use the Windows Mobile OS.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenApp1e View Post
    They only own the patent for a capacitive touch screen. Not just the touch screen. The Blackberry Storm has a touch screen but its not capacitive. Android phones do though.
    And I believe that patent only applies to certain multi-touch gestures used when there's a "window within a window" so to speak, on a mobile browser showing a web page.

Thanks

If Android is banned - and RIM disappears then that just leaves iOS in the Smartphone OS market - unless Windows Phone can get a foothold.

Maybe it's time for Apple to bail MS out and help them?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    Unique how? Because they have to pay Nokia royalties to use their features in iPhones? Because they basically ripped off the jailbreak community with alot of their iOS 5 features?

Apple has become FAR from unique.

Android OS is beating Apple.....that's probably why Apple is doing this right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Android OS is beating Apple.....that's probably why Apple is doing this right now.
    Not at all - just different. Some things better, but overall, not yet, IMHO.

But it is competition, which should be allowed - but if this goes ahead, won't be.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crapple!

Holy crapple!
    Last edited by luvmytj; 07-17-2011 at 04:57 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Wondering if any debs tried to sue apple for ripping off their ideas?
    60% of the time, it works every time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Predator721's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamjamieq View Post
    What's with the old iPhone image?
    Well I did some googling and iPhone 4 came out in July 24th (or around) but the HTC phone (htc desire) came out a month and a half earlier so when htc desire came out, iPhone 3GS was out. That iPhone is like the 1st one or the second one. Hope that helped

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... Am I the only one who finds the iPhone 4 boring? The phone is old, we need something new, something refreshing. Don't expected with the next faster iPhone 5 nether, & iOS 5 is gonna suck too. NO themes, NO widgets NO flash. Apple is desperate to stop innovation from others since they themselves have NONE! Apple likes to bring new technology out slowly, so that they can make more money out of it. They can't stand it when they see phones coming out in 3D when they themselves had this planed for iPhone 10!!
    Last edited by hogcia; 07-17-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks

galaxy s2 is my next phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    This is such ********! Apple steals ideas from others all the time. Apple is just trying to stop other phones from coming to market. There is a new android phone like every two months. Apple on the other hand hasn't had a new phone in over a year now! And when there new phone does come out, it will just be faster. Apple is desperately looking for a way to stop competition because it has NOTHING new/innovated to offer. Iso5 and iPhone 5 will be weak. Here I come HTC EVO 3D!
    People forget so quickly that it was apple who revolutionized the mobile world in the first place. There were smartphones before the iPhone, but none you could actually use easily. While I would hate to see no competition for apple, they have every right to patten their innovations. And by the way, have fun with your plastic HTC. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.

Thanks

i really don't understand how apple can sue other manufacturers for technologies that are so general and then have it ruled in their favour

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    People forget so quickly that it was apple who revolutionized the mobile world in the first place. There were smartphones before the iPhone, but none you could actually use easily. While I would hate to see no competition for apple, they have every right to patten their innovations. And by the way, have fun with your plastic HTC. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.
    I sure will have fun with my plastic phone, just make sure you don't drop you glass phone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeo4000 View Post
    i really don't understand how apple can sue other manufacturers for technologies that are so general and then have it ruled in their favour
    US company, US judges plus little bit of bribing here and there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Because they basically ripped off the jailbreak community with alot of their iOS 5 features?
    I swear are people never satisfied??? The whole reason for jailbreaking is to do things with the phone, add features, etc. that Apple does not (or did not) allow. And now when Apple does add some of these features, people complain that they're "ripping off" the jailbreak community.

In my experience, while many JB apps and hacks can be quite useful, I'd much rather have the same feature integrated into the stock iOS rather than hacked to add it on later. It just works better that way.

My JB 3GS on 4.3.3 STILL has memory and crashing problems just like it did on 4.0.1. which my wife's non-JB 3GS does not have.