Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for iOS 4.3.4 Released - Kernel Hackers Only

Default redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for iOS 4.3.4 Released - Kernel Hackers Only

DISCLAIMER: READ EXTREMELY CAREFULLY

About 30 minutes ago, MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) tweeted out that the iPhone Dev-Team has released the third beta of redsn0w for the recently released iOS 4.3.4.

On the iPhone Dev-Team blog, a new addition to the post gives insight on what this update is all about. Please read EXTREMELY carefully:

Update #3: For the convenience of kernel hackers like @comex and @i0n1c, we have a new redsn0w 0.9.8b3 that supports a TETHERED jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 on all devices that have 4.3.4 except the iPad2. The vast majority of people will want to stay back at 4.3.3 because that’s where the untethered jailbreak is! There are no new features in 4.3.4 — only fixes for jailbreak exploits.

Also, this is a good time to remind everyone (since we’re still seeing confusion about this): iPad2 owners with a baseband (3G or CDMA) cannot currently use saved blobs to go back to 4.3.3 once the signing window is closed. This is unlike every other device, so don’t be confused! iPad2 owners with basebands should stay away from all updates to maintain the jailbreak!
    Here are some key points to note from this update:

• This redsn0w version supports a TETHERED jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 for all devices except the iPad 2 - this version is meant for kernel hackers only
    • STAY back on 4.3.3 because that is where the untethered jailbreak is at - iOS 4.3.4 adds no new features and was strictly an update to fix jailbreak exploits
    • iPad 2 owners with baseband (3G) or CDMA can't currently go back to 4.3.3 on SHSH blobs after the signing window is closed - to maintain jailbreak, iPad 2 owners should stay away from all updates

This version of redsn0w is truly for kernel hackers only - there is absolutely no reason for an average user to update to iOS 4.3.4 and use this jailbreak at this current time. DO NOT TAKE THE RISK. It is not worth it.

If you're a hacker / developer and understand the risk you would be making and can handle it accordingly, here are the respective links:

redsn0w0.9.8b3 for Mac
    redsn0w0.9.8b3 for Windows

Source(s): MuscleNerd, iPhone Dev-Team Blog
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-16-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,544 Times in 7,107 Posts

I guess that answers the question if i0n1c's untether was patched in 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I guess that answers the question if i0n1c's untether was patched in 4.3.4
    Yup, it's a gonner. He had this to say about it, which doesn't necessarily look good for the scene.

@i0n1c says "In a way it is nice to see that Apple instead of merely fixing vulns add more mitigation checks. But for jailbreakers this suxx."

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, there goes that. I'm actually surprised Apple even decided to make a firmware 4.3.4 with all the beta testing for ios 5 going on. But it was to be expected to close off the jb exploits.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

@ihappy Apple didn't release 4.3.4 JUST to patch the jailbreak exploit, the PDF sploit was a serious security flaw, and could have been used by and malicious hacker. They had no choice but to patch it.

Also, I don't understand people's obsession with being on the latest firmware. I'm still on 4.2.6 on my CDMA iPhone. There are no new features added in the updates, and I really don't care about the 'locationgate' deal. I've always just upgraded to the latest firmware once it's been jailbroken, and stayed there until the next latest firmware was jailbroken. It's not hard to do, just takes a little common sense and good timing

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    @ihappy Apple didn't release 4.3.4 JUST to patch the jailbreak exploit, the PDF sploit was a serious security flaw, and could have been used by and malicious hacker. They had no choice but to patch it.

Also, I don't understand people's obsession with being on the latest firmware. I'm still on 4.2.6 on my CDMA iPhone. There are no new features added in the updates, and I really don't care about the 'locationgate' deal. I've always just upgraded to the latest firmware once it's been jailbroken, and stayed there until the next latest firmware was jailbroken. It's not hard to do, just takes a little common sense and good timing
    Lets be honest here. Yes the PDF exploit was a big flaw but do you really think Apple would have even caught it or fixed it this early had @Comex not made jailbreakme 3.0 from it. He was the one who brought it more out publicly hence why Apple decided to patch it up.

Thanks

Pro: iPad 2 people have their jailbreak for 4.3.3
    Con: Any new devices sold with 4.3.4 will have a tethered jailbreak. (Or anyone who updates who doesnt have 4.3.3 SHSH).

iPad 2 owners will have no JB if they have to restore their FW

Thanks

Well, iPad2 3G owners anyway. Wifi models will be able to restore to 4.3.3 with SHSH.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    iPad 2 owners will have no JB if they have to restore their FW
    Wifi only iPad2's can revert to saved blobs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    I don't understand people's obsession with being on the latest firmware. I'm still on 4.2.6 on my CDMA iPhone. There are no new features added in the updates, and I really don't care about the 'locationgate' deal. I've always just upgraded to the latest firmware once it's been jailbroken, and stayed there until the next latest firmware was jailbroken. It's not hard to do, just takes a little common sense and good timing

My iPods still on 4.2.1 <3
    It will take a lot to get me to update it!
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Thanks

Well that's that for the kernel exploit that lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    My iPods still on 4.2.1 <3
    It will take a lot to get me to update it!
    Same. I'm just waiting on an iOS release that has a bit more substance....

Thanks

what about iOS 5 ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It had a good run
    Yah I think it was the longest exploit if I'm not mistaken.

Yea Im screwed! I was forced to restore and for some reason, Cydia didnt save my sshs! I so should have made sure I had everything figured out before I restored. F*** my life!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroken heart View Post
    Yea Im screwed! I was forced to restore and for some reason, Cydia didnt save my sshs! I so should have made sure I had everything figured out before I restored. F*** my life!
    I have an ipad 2 4.3.4, so are we screwed until a jailbreak for those of us without shsh blobs come out?

also does anyone know if apple stores are selling ipads with the new firmware version 4.3.4 or with 4.3.3? because if its the latter i'll return my ipad and possible be able to jailbreak it??

please someone give me good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroken heart View Post
    im almost in the same predicament. i had to restore but i have my shsh for 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 but when i tried to restore to one of those i always get error 3194 and error 1013
    im able to get past error 3194 using tiny umbrella but i tried every fix but still cant get past 1013 i tried on two different computers but whenever i restore to 4.3.4 it does it flawlessly so im screwed till i get this fixed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    I have an ipad 2 4.3.4, so are we screwed until a jailbreak for those of us without shsh blobs come out?

also does anyone know if apple stores are selling ipads with the new firmware version 4.3.4 or with 4.3.3? because if its the latter i'll return my ipad and possible be able to jailbreak it??

please someone give me good news!
    If you purchase from Apple store, i99% of Ipad 2 is IOS 4.3.4 but if you purchase from Best Buy or some other outlet, it could be 4.3.3. So it is your call.
    If you can return it within 14 days and buy from Craiglist or Ebay, ask the seller if he has 4.3.3 blob saved.
    Last edited by iYeow; 07-21-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast