Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anicons: Animated Settings Toggles - Releasing Soon

Default Anicons: Animated Settings Toggles - Releasing Soon

ModMyi reported a few weeks back that Dan Zimmerman (@DanZimm), creator of Vibrafications and AppLocket, is working on a new project calledAnicons. Anicons incorporates important settings toggles directly on your SpringBoard for easy access. When you tap and interact with the toggles, they turn components on/off and make special animations to show you what state the particular toggle is in. For toggles such as 3G or WiFi, the button shows what the signal strength is and changes depending on reception and connectivity.

The previous Anicons post mentioned what types of features were already incorporated in the beta that was available. Here is what has been updated:

• A respring icon was added
    • The airplane and WiFi icon were moved from his other separate projects into Anicons
    • Hide icons from displaying on the SpringBoard via the Anicons settings tab (in Settings.app)
    • The icons were re-designed (thanks to Surenix (@iSurenix))

After speaking with Dan today, he stated that Anicons will be submitted to Cydia within the next 24 hours.

When Anicons is available on Cydia, it will cost $1.99. It will be available on all firmwares 4.0+ and on all devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (including iPad 2))

Name: Anicons
    Author: Dan Zimmerman
    Price: $1.99

For future reference: Dan mentioned to me that an update is in the works that will give the user more customization per icon (based on the icon label). He is unable to speak about it at this time, however when this update comes out, Anicons will be pushed up to $2.99. For those who have already bought it, it will be a free upgrade.

Stay tuned for more information about Anicons - when it is available on Cydia, this post will be updated to reflect the change.

Follow Dan Zimmerman on Twitter to keep up to date on his progress with Anicons.

UPDATED: Anicons is now live on Cydia - check it out.

Source(s): Dan Zimmerman
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-16-2011 at 11:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds nice - although - I think I'll stick with SBSettings for now.

Cool idea but I think I'll stick with sbsettings

I don't get why you would pay for this
    when SBSettings is free and does exactly
    the same thing without using up Springboard
    space.

Awesome I always wanted SB Setting toggles on the homescreen. Well this is the closest it will get but hopefully there will be SB Setting toggles or add-ons for this.

Sbsetting is old and full of useless junk now. It doesn't play nice with qtweeter or that tweak to move around your status bar. I think I would use this a lot for wifi and Bluetooth and SSH if I could stick them in a folder

Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    I don't get why you would pay for this
    when SBSettings is free and does exactly
    the same thing without using up Springboard
    space.
    If you couple this with SpringJumps and iBlank, you can throw all these icons onto like page 7 or 8 and use the SpringJumps to get to it quickly, thus not taking up the valueable Springboard space. I think the reason for this (pure speculation based on my iOS5 experiences) would be opening up the Activator Action that normally opens SBSettings and using that for the new Notification Centre. I agree with the conflict though and them being roughly the same thing. I'll probably still stick with SBSettings myself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I will stay with SBSettings for sure, just because it is much more convenient to use. If I want to change the brightness, or turn off WiFi, I'd rather not exit my current app to do it.

Don't buy anything from this developer if your expecting any kind of product support or any software documentation. He does write good apps, just no support.

Personally this seems like a colossal waste of time with SBSettings already having all of these in an easy "swipe top of iDevice to see everything" function instead of placing them on the Springboard. The only good reason for this would be the iOS5 update and even then I would rather see them putting in work towards a workaround or addon to keep SBSettings in iOS5.

Don't buy anything from this developer if your expecting any kind of product support or any software documentation. He does write good apps, just no support.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see this as a good idea actually. It'll be great for theme creators if they do an iNav style theme.

I guess I just don't get it. Why would I pay $2 to add more clutter to my home screen? SBSettings is perfect for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this will come in handy once apple puts out ios5. we probably wont be able to use the status bar for sbsettings anymore because the new update uses the status bar as a pull down for the new "notification center". Im sure using activator there may be ways to still use the status bar for sbsettings but its nice to see somebody already coming up with viable alternatives for the future. good luck and thanks Dan......

Like the on/off button...where can i download it ?

Quote Originally Posted by KasiTaro View Post
    Like the on/off button...where can i download it ?
    its the new IOS 5 buttons, its seen throughout the device!! although im sure someone will release a winterboard theme to change it

SBSettings is still my choice for now. and I believe there will be way to integrate it into iOS 5