+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Apple Running Trial Production of A6 Chip With TSMC Not Samsung

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple, in a clear kick to the groin of the Samsung collective, has consigned trial production of its future A6 processor to the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company. While the A6
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's Running Trial Production of A6 Chip With TSMC Not Samsung

Apple, in a clear kick to the groin of the Samsung collective, has consigned trial production of its future A6 processor to the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.

While the A6 wont appear in any Apple devices until 2012 and with A5 production still in the hands of Samsung, it appears the legal battle royal between Samsung and Apple is resulting in a rather nasty divorce.

Samsung has been the sole manufacturer of Apple's A4 and A5 processors, giving Samsung a steady stream of reliable cash. However, the trial production consignment does not mean Apple will be using TSMC for the production run of its A6 chip. If Apple actually decides to contract with TSMC for the production run, that might as well be Apple's signature on the divorce papers with Samsung.

TSMC is the largest contract chip manufacturer in the world according to CNET, and Apple moving forward with the company does makes sense. Although, Intel has recently mentioned they are actively courting Apple for business as well. If the relationship with Samsung continues to sour, at least Apple has some viable chip manufacturing alternatives.

Source: CNET

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Boom goes the dynamite.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 851 Posts

Apple is thinking about getting into the TV-making business, I hear. I wonder if all this fighting Apple started was because they knew they were going to compete with Samsung directly, so this litigation was Apple's excuse to bail. I mean, if they just announced thiz divorce out of the blue, lots of questions would be asked - this way they dont have to explain themselves to anyone. Kind of like a cheating wife that acuses her husband of cheating.

Really though, this corporate drama all takes place behind closed doors so really, who knows?

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

damn samsung u beetter call them up and make a deal before u lose a **** load of money lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Samsung has lots of business and they would lose a lot of money by breaking up with Apple but don't count them out. Its not like Apple owns the business world and you die if you don't have some connection with Apple. Seriously, someday Apple will meet its match and it will be downhill for them. Apple maybe on top of the world right now but all empires eventually fall.

Stryker

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Samsung should do what Apple would do, file an injunction and stop production on the chip. Stating that TSMC stole and used their proprietary production methods stolen by TSMC to product this chip.
    Samsung may not have the power or money to beat Apple, but I am pretty sure they are bigger than these other smaller chip manufacturer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Time for samsung to start kissing apples rear end

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seb.. View Post
    Time for samsung to start kissing apples rear end
    No.. is time to Samsung buy TSMC, and tell you what, this is will happen soon...
    Live Wire

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I don't know why all of these companies can't get along anymore....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Apple is thinking about getting into the TV-making business, I hear. I wonder if all this fighting Apple started was because they knew they were going to compete with Samsung directly, so this litigation was Apple's excuse to bail. I mean, if they just announced thiz divorce out of the blue, lots of questions would be asked - this way they dont have to explain themselves to anyone. Kind of like a cheating wife that acuses her husband of cheating.

Really though, this corporate drama all takes place behind closed doors so really, who knows?
    Let's hope they don't! I bet they will patent the shape of a TV and start suing all the manufacturers for making rectangular devices that transmit images to a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I don't know why all of these companies can't get along anymore....
    Apple is the bully in the industry.