+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailbreakMe Fix For Verizon iPhones Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Comex (@comex) just tweeted out a few moments ago that JailbreakMe has been updated to fix the issue Verizon iPhone users were having. There should be no more restoring or
    Thanks

Default JailbreakMe Fix For Verizon iPhones Released

Comex (@comex) just tweeted out a few moments ago that JailbreakMe has been updated to fix the issue Verizon iPhone users were having. There should be no more restoring or any issues in that regard.

To jailbreak your device with JailbreakMe, visit the following website on your device:
    Also: if issues begin to occur / other errors come up, I urge you to contact comex and let him know. He is always looking for issues and appreciates your feedback.

Source(s): comex
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-12-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Kind of makes me want to upgrade just to jb with it Oh but the thought of having to redo everything for quite a minor upgrade is such a hassle.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

what were the specific issues? Somebody i know had JB his Verizon iPhone and said it was freezing and such...but it was his first time JBing so i was not sure if he really knew what he was talking about...i will have to let him know tomorrow there is a fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    what were the specific issues? Somebody i know had JB his Verizon iPhone and said it was freezing and such...but it was his first time JBing so i was not sure if he really knew what he was talking about...i will have to let him know tomorrow there is a fix
    Nope, the issues you just mentioned were actually problems. It should be fixed in the new updated JailbreakMe.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think I'll wait till tomorrow to re jailbreak just in case there are anymore bugs. I am anxious I miss my jb. Has anyone jb their ip4 Verizon yet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Joshua. I enjoy reading your articles and like how interactive you are with your readers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had my VZW iPhone 4 jailbroken with green poison on 4.2.6, with no battery drain or issues, I wanted to update to see if there was more airplay support then rejailbreak with the new jailbreakme didn't install, so I restored fresh and installed on 4.2.8 and on my girlfriends phone, we had crashing, freezing and sever battery drain. So We went back to stock. I emailed comex about the issue trying to rejailbreak but not the ladder.

Green Apple
    Thanks

do i just rejailbreak it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildgene789 View Post
    do i just rejailbreak it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Thanks Joshua. I enjoy reading your articles and like how interactive you are with your readers.
    I appreciate the encouragement. I try my best! You're also most welcome to call me just Josh if you wish.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1604 error
    hi, i recently jb my itouch gen4 and now its stuck on that dfu mode and i keep getting the 1601 or 1604 errors ,i been up all night trying to fix this, i am using the ireb tool to help but when i hold down the shift button and click restore i have no firmwere to click on, i think its been deleted and i have tried to add more but no luck, im lost without my itouch, my email is [email protected], thank you
    Last edited by kemplemark; 07-13-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just re jailbroke my ip4 vzw works better than before @comex is a genius.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ManiLeo View Post
    Just re jailbroke my ip4 vzw works better than before @comex is a genius.
    Is the battery drain fixed?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    Is the battery drain fixed?
    I haven't had my phone at a full charge to be honest. It didn't seem to drain it much I did go from a 34% to a 18% in two hours but I was in a hospital so I had the my3g app running and I downloaded about 4 Cydia apps and was surfing the web at the same time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ManiLeo View Post
    I haven't had my phone at a full charge to be honest. It didn't seem to drain it much I did go from a 34% to a 18% in two hours but I was in a hospital so I had the my3g app running and I downloaded about 4 Cydia apps and was surfing the web at the same time.
    I've noticed it a bit just drained like 4% since I've been on my 15 minute break not doing to much but I hadn't charged it full yet either. I like to let it die then charge it up. Still not as please as I was with green p0ison but we will see. Now 5% drain after typing this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If someone used jailbreakme.com before Comex fixed the Verizon iPhone issue and it worked then they are okay? Besides camera connection kit issue, other issue was only stuck on Apple logo during initial jailbreak correct?

They won't have problems with phone in future?

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

i didn't even have a verizon phone and i had to do a backup and restore on my phone before jailbreakme.com would work... and 4.3.3 sucks, how come no one mentioned the wifi issues? or that yourtube isn't compatible with it... disappointed in the fact that modmyi should be reporting on these problems, am i just looking in the wrong area of the site?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Wrong section. For sure. If you have an att iPhone why in the Verizon section?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dv8ed View Post
    If someone used jailbreakme.com before Comex fixed the Verizon iPhone issue and it worked then they are okay? Besides camera connection kit issue, other issue was only stuck on Apple logo during initial jailbreak correct?

They won't have problems with phone in future?
    If you jailbreak over it is suppose to correct the issue, if you restore it will fully remove any trace of the jailbreak. Remember you are always jailbreaking at you own risk.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any other word on the battery drain?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    If you jailbreak over it is suppose to correct the issue, if you restore it will fully remove any trace of the jailbreak. Remember you are always jailbreaking at you own risk.
    They advise not to jailbreak over it but rather do a fresh restore and run the jailbreak again once on a stock phone.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    i didn't even have a verizon phone and i had to do a backup and restore on my phone before jailbreakme.com would work... and 4.3.3 sucks, how come no one mentioned the wifi issues? or that yourtube isn't compatible with it... disappointed in the fact that modmyi should be reporting on these problems, am i just looking in the wrong area of the site?
    It is always best to do a restore before upgrading and jailbreaking a new version of iOS. Each time you jail break things are changed in your OS and when you update as opposed to restoring traces of the changes are still left on your device and can conflict with newer jailbreak methods.

I haven't had a single wifi issue on my iPad 2 nor on my iPhone 4 since using JBM3
    Last edited by mortopher; 07-14-2011 at 01:03 PM.