Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Catches Feelings, Says Apple Would Rather Sue than Compete Fairly

Default HTC Catches Feelings, Says Apple Would Rather Sue than Compete Fairly

HTC is taking the disappointed parent round in their official response to Apple's latest complaint filed with the International Trade Commission in which Apple requests the blockage of HTC imports.

HTC is disappointed at Apple's constant attempts at litigations instead of competing fairly in the market. HTC strongly denies all infringement claims raised by Apple in the past and present and reiterates our determination and commitment to protect our intellectual property rights. - HTC general counsel Grace Lei
    This isn't the first time Apple has sued HTC. In March of 2010 Apple accused HTC of infringing on 20 patents involving the iPhones user-interface. However, the response from HTC wasn't the typical "Sue me? Sue me? Fine, I'll sue you!" response that has been prevalent between mobile technology companies. HTC appears to be trying to take some sort of moral high-road, or they simply don't have the legal and patent firepower to enter a litigation battle with Apple.

The Nortel patent auction deal led by Apple was officially approved this morning by both the U.S. and Canada, which is sure to add fuel to Apple's Agent Orange bombing patent strategy. Even if HTCs words do somehow ring true with Apple, its going to take a lot more than the disappointed words of a parent to change the mind of a child. Especially when that child is a wildly successful company with $70 billion in cash reserves.

Source: AFP

Kinda makes me wanna get rid of all my apple products!

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Why? Business is business. It's all about money

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Damn skippy. I don't get why people take things like this so personally. Apple obviously wants to decrease the amount of Crap-droid phone manufacturers. If Google an Apple switched places, I'm sure google would sue everybody to protect themselves.
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

i love my iphones and ipad but coming from a company that complained that microsoft was doing the same practice to them in the 80-90's.Now apple is practicing the same thing but worse and is extremely hypocritical.I think that anonymous should do what they did to sony hurt them so bad that the executives feel the pain.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Who says there is no such thing as karma

Business is business when it's not becoming a monopoly, which Apple seems to be quickly heading that way. continuous lawsuits will eventually eliminate competition because not many other companies can afford to fight them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Holyloktar View Post
    Business is business when it's not becoming a monopoly, which Apple seems to be quickly heading that way. continuous lawsuits will eventually eliminate competition because not many other companies can afford to fight them.
    a monopoly? less than 40% of the smartphone market.....thats some monopoly.

i don't really get the whole HTC thing....the only thing that keeps me from being pissed about it is the fact that before the iphone, android was going to look like blackberry OS. so in my mind, android will always be a rip off of iOS at heart.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Back in the 80's and early 90's companies just bought (and then closed) their competition, unfortunately for poor ole Applekins they can't do that anymore so they'll just unnecessarily sue everyone in competition with them.

I really hope this stops when Steve Jobs goes.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Back in the 80's and early 90's companies just bought (and then closed) their competition, unfortunately for poor ole Applekins they can't do that anymore so they'll just unnecessarily sue everyone in competition with them.

I really hope this stops when Steve Jobs goes.
    Actually apple could buy most of their competitors. And with cash...

Apple could buy HTC, Nokia, RIM and Motorola Mobility with its spare cash - Apple
    My toys:
    IPhone 4 16gb
    IPad 16gb
    White MacBook
    Yamaha R6
    BMW M3

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mp3 View Post
    Actually apple could buy most of their competitors. And with cash...

Apple could buy HTC, Nokia, RIM and Motorola Mobility with its spare cash - Apple
    But they can't buy a hardware fix for a poor antenna design on their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Damn skippy. I don't get why people take things like this so personally. Apple obviously wants to decrease the amount of Crap-droid phone manufacturers. If Google an Apple switched places, I'm sure google would sue everybody to protect themselves.
    Thank you. I don't know why people get upset about it. It is business.

Banned
    Thanks

already made me do it. I never intended to buy the first ipad when it came out and absolutely had no intention to buy the ipad 2., I now own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

we still have another year to go on our iphone 4's but Im adding a 3rd line to my account so I can get the LG Optimus 3D when it arrives on AT&T in a few weeks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    already made me do it. I never intended to buy the first ipad when it came out and absolutely had no intention to buy the ipad 2., I now own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

we still have another year to go on our iphone 4's but Im adding a 3rd line to my account so I can get the LG Optimus 3D when it arrives on AT&T in a few weeks.
    Have fun with your buggy p.o.s devices. All stick with apple for as long as my wallet allows me to. I've had windows computers and android phones, and I will never-ever-ever go back!
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

Default Sell my stuff, really?
    Im with you man. When I get home from school tomorrow I'm gonna show them...they're
    gonna be sorry when I get rid of the most technologically advanced hardware I have ever had the ability to own. Yeah, Im gonna fix them, teach em a lesson, prove my point. Wait, what was my point? Did I have one? What a ignorant comment.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 07-13-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    But they can't buy a hardware fix for a poor antenna design on their phone.
    Dude don't be coming on here making sense. That's just crazy talk!

i don't really get the whole HTC thing....the only thing that keeps me from being pissed about it is the fact that before the iphone, android was going to look like blackberry OS. so in my mind, android will always be a rip off of iOS at heart.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. I owned an HTC phone before the iphone came out and it was a piece of garbage. Blame it on windows if you will but you had to recalibrate that thing 3 times a day at least. The technology was there but no one had the vision to do it and still havent encountered a phone that runs as smoothly as the iphone does. So please HTC and google stop pretending that you were days away from launching anything that resembles the iphone because you all copied them (i know its not illegal) but stop pretending that you came out with the idea first

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post

the LG Optimus 3D will be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Have fun with your buggy p.o.s devices. All stick with apple for as long as my wallet allows me to. I've had windows computers and android phones, and I will never-ever-ever go back!
    Oh looks is this guy and *looks at writer name* yup there he is, phillip lol Funny, i own the HTC Evo 3D and it's not buggy at all. It's an excellent phone. Over all is a much better device than that p.o.s iphone your using but to each their own i guess. Oh no i spoke bad of Apple, didn't mean to hurt your feelings

Quote Originally Posted by jmaderosk8r View Post
    i don't really get the whole HTC thing....the only thing that keeps me from being pissed about it is the fact that before the iphone, android was going to look like blackberry OS. so in my mind, android will always be a rip off of iOS at heart.
    I totally agree with you. I owned an HTC phone before the iphone came out and it was a piece of garbage. Blame it on windows if you will but you had to recalibrate that thing 3 times a day at least. The technology was there but no one had the vision to do it and still havent encountered a phone that runs as smoothly as the iphone does. So please HTC and google stop pretending that you were days away from launching anything that resembles the iphone because you all copied them (i know its not illegal) but stop pretending that you came out with the idea first[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the new ios 5 demos? The new and innovative slide down status bar.... yeah no one has ever seen a slide down status bar for notifications before. Apple copies everyone they can including the hardworking developers that submit their stuff to cydia instead of the appstore. The only difference between apple and google is that google made they're OS open source and apple did not so they copy what isn't patented and patent it for themselves. Nobody is the good guy in these situations, it's just whoever has the bigger stick and if they're greedy enough.

Just because you believe that android is inferior does not make it so. The only real advantage of the iphone at this point is the fact that they have a hella ton of games and random stuff on the appstore. Android is almost fully customizable and if you have a current model, has very little lag if any. I'm not taking sides, seeing as I have both ipads and the new ipod touch and around 5 android phones. I'm just informing all of the people with aurguements that I find funny and uninformed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 40%
    Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    a monopoly? less than 40% of the smartphone market.....thats some monopoly.

One company with 40% market share =0 The rest of the share is split up between phone manufacturers.... And there are a lot of them

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast