+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swype Ported To iOS By Jailbreak Developer

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I use it and at times the blue tracer stays stuck on a word and tried to click space and goes into safemode.
    Thanks

I use it and at times the blue tracer stays stuck on a word and tried to click space and goes into safemode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know it's only in beta but this just may be the worst tweak I've ever installed on my iPad. I'm going to try to swype the preamble. We all know it, right? Here we go, no back spacing whatsoever.
    W th peopl i of to for a mif perfec unio establis jad insur donnerdtangen pro fo th vol defens promot tre genera welfare

I can't even continue. This is so bad it is unbelievable. I shall be uninstalling it now. My android wouldn't have a problem with this. I know it's only in beta, but MAN they have a lot of work to do if they are serious about this.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

As you've said, it's in beta and we all know that. WyndWarrior has created a lot of things that are innovative and these are things nobody else has thought of or has taken the time to do.

Dreamboard is a prime example. It wasn't 100% working I'm every aspect in the beginning, now it's nearly flawless. Wynd is probably going to fix it till it is near perfect as he always does with many of his work. So I'd suggest perhaps pointing out the flaws yes, but not saying it's the worst thing ever that its unbelievable etc. For years people have wanted Swype style text entry and for years no developer ever attempted to do it. Now somebody has, that's already progress.

Edit: I rephrase the above statement. Nobody has attempted to integrate it into the iOS, the app that had it doesn't count bc it only worked within the app. Just clarifying before anybody decides to attack me on that
    Last edited by i.Annie; 07-10-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    As you've said, it's in beta and we all know that. WyndWarrior has created a lot of things that are innovative and these are things nobody else has thought of or has taken the time to do.

Dreamboard is a prime example. It wasn't 100% working I'm every aspect in the beginning, now it's nearly flawless. Wynd is probably going to fix it till it is near perfect as he always does with many of his work. So I'd suggest perhaps pointing out the flaws yes, but not saying it's the worst thing ever that its unbelievable etc. For years people have wanted Swype style text entry and for years no developer ever attempted to do it. Now somebody has, that's already progress.

Edit: I rephrase the above statement. Nobody has attempted to integrate it into the iOS, the app that had it doesn't count bc it only worked within the app. Just clarifying before anybody decides to attack me on that
    I agree with your post. Even though everybody is entitled to their opinion, is messed up to totally criticize his hardwork and effort to bringing to us something that would be nice to have in the first place. I for one was having a little trouble using it but deactivated 5-row keyboard and it appears to be working better, hopefully it can be resolved as I like 5-row keyboard too. So far it hasn't gone on safemode. Also it appears it has another update at version 0.2.1 without it requiring install of rootify. Does that mean rootify is no longer necessary to be able to use swype with AppStore apps as it is what it was meant for?

******EDIT******

ok well I retried iswipe again with 5-Row Keyboard and it is working perfectly.
    Last edited by RM305; 07-10-2011 at 09:50 AM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Like it kinda slow but still beta...anyone having problems with typing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post

i agree 100% commend him on his hard work, even if it isnt something that youve been wanting, a lot of people do want it, and it isnt easy developing these things, ive been a huge fan of wynd for the past few years and he has contributed a lot to the community, themes, dreamboard, this, dont criticize his work because its a beta and may not be perfect yet, beta releases are to find bugs and get feedback on what he needs to work out, it would take so long to work out all the bugs on his own, yet if he has a couple hundred people testing it out with him, the bugs come up a lot faster and he figures out what he needs to work on a lot faster, good job wynd, its very stable, doesnt cause crashes and has works in quite a bit of apps, it even works with facebook

iPhone? More like MyPhone JoeyBoren's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone post a link to the updated deb file (iswipe 3.0) i have been relying on these debs because i have to manually install because my cydia has some dumb connection error. Thanks to anyone in advanced that will post it!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Version 0.3 its fantastic, now we can choose other words

Just waiting for the language support

many thanks wynd

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've found that once this is installed, everytime I lock my iPhone it crashes and goes into Safe Mode.
    It even does it when I leave it to autolock and when I set an activator gesture to lock it.
    It works very well when I don't lock it though.

I've also found that I have the blue line showing on mine. I don't know why.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only suggestion I have is to make a library that we could make our own short cuts. That would be great. Still love it though. 4.5/5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

LMAO at wynds tweet...
    Version .3's changelog is the 3rd paragraph quoted from the article...
    just remove all the no's and not's LMAO

Swype Ported To iOS By Jailbreak Developer-screen-shot-2011-07-11-2.12.31-pm.png

Thanks

also now when im just tap typing and not swyping, it will change my words that are correct to words that it thinks im swyping, idk how to explain it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone using it on the ipad2? Every time is use it and put a space after the word, it removes the space and puts both words together. Anyone else having that problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonahrei View Post
    Anyone using it on the ipad2? Every time is use it and put a space after the word, it removes the space and puts both words together. Anyone else having that problem?
    It has automatic spacing so there is no need to tap on space button when you swype another word.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xeon_xn's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know what happened to this? No more updates? Did he stop working on it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Need Help !!!
    It is a most interesting tweak esp for 1 finger typing. I just love it
    But cannot install ver 0.3.0 - error msg frm cydia
    i subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    ii sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Any help most apprecd.
    Thanks
    Edit
    installing onto iphone4 4.33 JB Redsn0w
    Last edited by pchen88; 08-01-2011 at 03:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xeon_xn View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to this? No more updates? Did he stop working on it?
    Found this thread hunting to see if it still existed as the repositry info I found didn't work.

It seems a new version was released two days ago...

iSwipe Beta 4:

Repository: cydia.myrepospace.com/wyndwarrior

Changes:

- Add to dictionary
    - Faster lookups
    - More accurate
    - Smart correct (corrections will be remembered by iSwipe)
    - new way of bypassing the sandbox
    - Almost ready for multi-lingual dictionaries
    Probably best to follow Andrew on twitter to keep up...

Twitter

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

0.3.0 still on mine in Cydia doesn't say anything about an update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How do you type bullets? I hold down the hyphen. I see the bullet. If I move away from the hyphen the option disappears.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234