Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaks On JailbreakMe Surpass One Million

Default Jailbreaks On JailbreakMe Surpass One Million

Yesterday, comex (@comex) (with some help from Grant Paul (@chpwn) and Jay Freeman (@saurik)) released JailbreakMe 3.0 to support devices running 4.3+ including the iPad 2. The full list is below:

• iPad 1: 4.3 through 4.3.3
    • iPad 2: 4.3.3
    • iPhone 3GS: 4.3 through 4.3.3
    • iPhone 4: 4.3 through 4.3.3
    • iPhone 4-CDMA: 4.2.6 through 4.2.8
    • iPod Touch 3G: 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3
    • iPod Touch 4G: 4.3 through 4.3.3

JailbreakMe has been reported to work phenomenally and has had a ton of positive reception. For this reason, it has been a hit for all iDevices, however most popular with the iPad 2.

chpwn tweeted about an hour ago saying that JailbreakMe has surpassed 1,000,000 jailbreaks. That is a pretty impressive feat. Apple, due to the leak of JailbreakMe earlier this week, has been tipped and is most likely aiming to patch it in a new version of iOS 4 (4.3.4).

If you haven't jailbroken your iPad 2 (or other device), give JailbreakMe a shot. It's available at the following link on your iDevice:

www.jailbreakme.com

Make sure to save your SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella or some other tool to ensure that you are safe when 4.3.4 releases. Also, to patch the PDF exploit hole, download PDF Patcher 2 from Cydia.

Source(s): Grant Paul (@chpwn)
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't the 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 ipsw's not supported due to some kind of time crunch?

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Isn't the 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 ipsw's not supported due to some kind of time crunch?
    Nope I spoke to comex and he said this was the case at this current time.

i had a problem with the jb my phone got stuck in a constant reboot while i was at work and couldnt restore it so trying it again hopefully no problems this time

I'm number 1,000,000!

j/k

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This should mean they are millionaires. 1-5 bucks per jailbreak in donations would be sufficient.

wow, even the sales of my themes have increased since yesterday, the jailbreak communitiy has just become much bigger!

Thanks

I was one of the FIRST to J/B my iPad. Now..my question is will xBackup and Data Deposit work with the new Jailbreak or will i have to wait for some type of patch?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder how long until comex is working at Facebook. I'm sure his work station will be right next to Geohots! Lol. For some reason, I imagine Geohot as Dwight from The office, and Comex would be Jim. Ha, and Zuckerberg would be Michael!!...Constantly calling them into the conference room, acting like he's smarter then them...oh man, I can see it now!
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    I was one of the FIRST to J/B my iPad. Now..my question is will xBackup and Data Deposit work with the new Jailbreak or will i have to wait for some type of patch?
    Data deposit will/should work since it's saved on their servers. Backup however I'm nit so sure. I backed up and saved to my computer then ssh'd them back for restore and nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Still a day later I am giddy about my iPad 2. For owners we have waited so long in the IDevice world timeframe and are so very happy. We all gave up our still fairly new iPads for the iPad 2 taking a hit and lost everything in our jailbreaks for that. Many of us had given up and sold out, but I held on just a little longer with hope and feel like I hit the lottery.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    I'm not familiar with Data Deposit but I can confirm xBackup works on the iPad 2. Make sure to backup your files with iFile or SSH tho.
    White 3GS 16GB 3.1.2 Unlocked Currently using
    Black 3G 8GB Backup phone
    White BNIB 3GS 32GB "dust collector"

Done the JB, love the added capabilities it provides! One bug though that demands rapid fix: the camera connection kit does not work anymore. Among other issues is that msdos and vfat are no longer recognized as proper file systems (only hfs). Please someone fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Done the JB, love the added capabilities it provides! One bug though that demands rapid fix: the camera connection kit does not work anymore. Among other issues is that msdos and vfat are no longer recognized as proper file systems (only hfs). Please someone fix it!
    Comex confirmed that he will be working to fix this issue (doing so as we speak).
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-07-2011 at 09:38 AM.

This only makes sense because all ipad 2 users have been waiting patiently for this jailbreak so that is a huge portion of downloaders right there. And then theres everyone else with iPhones and iPods and the original iPad

Thanks

Had a bit of trouble updating my iPad 2 To 4.3.3 on my MacBook so I tried it on my iMac then success before I jailbroke it I donated 5$ well worth the wait now I'm using my iPad 2 more now hehe..Show some love donate at least a buck if you can after all they work hard for free to release this jailbreak..thanks to the people that made this happen.
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Thanks

All the people with iPad 2 sitting patiently like me.

Holy SHiz I haven't been on the web for a week didn't even know there was a JB for the ipad2

sweet thanks devs

1mil! YES! People are doing themselves a favor by jailbreaking and it also shows Apple that we like to customize and be a better community through it. Keep spreading the word about jailbreaking folks B-)

I jailbroke with jailbreakme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast