Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaks On JailbreakMe Surpass One Million

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

BOOTLOOP: had an issue yesterday (7-7-11) after using jailbreakme 3.0. Apparently, the QuickReply function for BiteSMS can cause your phone to go into an endless bootloop!!!!

I tried several methods for getting out of it but to no avail. There is not enough time to access Root and delete biteSMS via iPhoneExplorer so I had to Restore. Sounds like @comex will be fixing known issues and I hope this is one of them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

question, im still on 3.1.2 (3GS) and unlocked with ultrasnow.

can i now just update to 4.3 then use jailbreakme and just install utlrasnow? or do i need to update with a cooked rom (preserve baseband )instead?
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks

Safer to use a Custom IPSW in your situation. Don't ever 'just upgrade' if you need an unlock. Good luck!

Hey can anyone help me out?
    I have an iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 with base band 1.59.00 and unlocked with ultrasnow. Will I lose my base band if I use jailbreakme to jailbreak it again? Thanks!

You are safer using sn0wbreeze then unlock with ultrasn0w from cydia repo. You will need to add repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Of course you should use something like pkgbackup to save all your programs. I save them to dropbox which i have found more reliable than saving them in outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by natim View Post
    You are safer using sn0wbreeze then unlock with ultrasn0w from cydia repo. You will need to add repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Of course you should use something like pkgbackup to save all your programs. I save them to dropbox which i have found more reliable than saving them in outlook.
    Can I use pwnagetool instead?

sn0wbreeze is the only one that i know does not change the baseband. I believe pwnagetool and redsn0w both may.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegebound View Post
    Can I use pwnagetool instead?
    Of course you can use pwnage - it's what it's for!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Of course you can use pwnage - it's what it's for!
    Correct...pwnagetool is the O-riginal....sn0wbreeze is the follower.

Sn0wbreeze used to be a very poor windows wrapper round xpwn but ih8sn0w has learned a lot and, with help from Comex for the patches, it's evolved into something I no longer tell people to steer clear of. Pwnage is Mac only and Sn0wbreeze is Windows only.

Pwnage is, of course, from the Dev Team and will only ever be released when it is perfect whereas ih8Sn0w let's people who do not understand what a 'beta' is try it....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Decided to do a test run on my iPhone 3GS before doing it on my iPhone4. I did a fresh install of 4.3.3 via iTunes. Ran the jailbreak (if you can call it that, cause it's so easy lol), everything seems to be working properly, except randomly the loading bar (circular one in the middle of the screen) pops up on top of whatever screen I am on. Then after about 20 seconds the phones resets. Rather strange.

Edit: the phone does not always reset, sometimes the loader bar just goes away.
    Last edited by Legend_master; 07-09-2011 at 08:59 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

I too suffered the endless boot after doing a respring; which followed me editing the carrier name through iFunbox. I was weirdly able to back up my device while it kept trying to reboot/respring, so I finally was able to restore it and rejailbreak it...I'll avoid what I was trying to do till the fixes come out. Thanks again Comex...YOU DA MAN!!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but my phone is jailbroken for iOS 4.3.3 (iPhone 4) using redsn0w. Is the jailbreak for redsn0w a different exploit than jailbreakme? Does the PDF exploit that affect jailbreakme also affect redsn0w users?

Quote Originally Posted by Jephre View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but my phone is jailbroken for iOS 4.3.3 (iPhone 4) using redsn0w. Is the jailbreak for redsn0w a different exploit than jailbreakme?
    Yes. different exploit.

Does the PDF exploit that affect jailbreakme also affect redsn0w users?
    Yes, your phone is vulnerable to a major security misfeature.
    Install the Cydia package: pdfpatch2 to fix it.

Everyone should do this.
    IMPORTANT: All Who Are Jailbroken Should Install PDF Patcher 2 Now! | iJailbreak.com - Apple | Jailbreak | Unlock | Cydia | Tweaks | Guides
    Last edited by raduga; 07-09-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Has anyone had luck jailbreaking iPhone 4 Verizon since last night? I know the update kinda messed it up. I haven't retried because I dont have a computer to restore my phone with till tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiLeo View Post
    Has anyone had luck jailbreaking iPhone 4 Verizon since last night? I know the update kinda messed it up. I haven't retried because I dont have a computer to restore my phone with till tomorrow.
    It's still an issue (specifically for the Verizon iPhone 4). A fix is in the works so hopefully it will be updated soon.

Thanks for the reply. I miss my jailbreak already haha.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ahhh. Welcome back Jailbreakme. One of the easiest jailbreaks around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12