Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Orders 25 Million Sleek Next-Generation iPhones, Says WSJ

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Orders 25 Million Sleek Next-Generation iPhones, Says WSJ

On the heels of Tuesday's report, which suggested Apple has ordered some 15 million next-gen iPhones from Pegatron, this morning the Wall Street Journal not only confirmed Apple's aggressive production schedule, they upped the number of iPhones Apple is reportedly ordering ahead of the device's late summer or early fall release.

Entrenched sources in Apple's Asian supply chain tell the WSJ that the new iPhone - (the iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S) will be lighter and thinner than the previous model. It will also deliver the now widely anticipated 8MP camera. But given the newer, smaller components of the 5th generation iPhone, it will take longer than usual to produce the product, as it is "complicated and difficult to assemble."

If Apple has its way, the WSJ reports, 25 million units of the next-generation handset will be produced before the end of 2011.

"Apple's sales estimates of the new iPhone is quite aggressive. It told us to prepare to help the company meet its goal of 25 million units by the end of the year," said another person at one of Apple's suppliers. "The initial production volume will be a few million units... we were told to ship the components to assembler Hon Hai in August."
    The WSJ report did not mention anything related to the iPad 3 and neither did the far east supply chain sources who are in-the-know on Apple's iPhone refresh. Earlier this week reports surfaced that September or October could similarly yield a 3rd generation iPad introduction, although no concrete evidence suggesting this possibility has surfaced outside of the "industry chatter" that often prompts mainstream reports.

Source: WSJ

Green Apple
    Thanks

Feels like Apple is as anxious as we are since no iPhone was released in June and now they are going to blow the doors off this next release.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB25 View Post
    Feels like Apple is as anxious as we are since no iPhone was released in June and now they are going to blow the doors off this next release.
    Lets hope!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

On no planet does the iPhone need to get any thinner. I'd much rather have it be more powerful or have a bigger battery at the current size. I also believe that if it's too light it will make it feel cheap.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDirtyDiddler For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (07-06-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Complicated and difficult to assemble my ***! They're pushing back the release because of the recent release of the Verizon iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    On no planet does the iPhone need to get any thinner. I'd much rather have it be more powerful or have a bigger battery at the current size. I also believe that if it's too light it will make it feel cheap.
    I have to agree. I dont know what the obsession is with thinness. Especially when we live in the fattest country (US) in the world!! LOL!!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

I hope the reason for the delay is to come out swinging big time.. I will be disappointed if it's just a hopped up iPhone4

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    I hope the reason for the delay is to come out swinging big time.. I will be disappointed if it's just a hopped up iPhone4
    AGREED. I skipped the iPhone 4 and stuck with my 3GS because I never really loved the design and how it felt in your hand. Now i am really feeling how sluggish mine is when I use my wife's 4 every once in a while and when iOS 5 comes out my 3GS is probably going to spontaneously combust. I am really hoping the next phone has a case re-design and at least a 64gb model.

Not only that, but if it gets any thinner I'm going to be so worried all the time that it will crack in two, or *Gasp* if I were to drop it...
    Last edited by Eagleye; 07-06-2011 at 10:19 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

My sources at Apple have confirmed that the iPhone 5 will come bundled with what Apple is calling the "Soul Patch". Apparently this is a small device that attaches to the back of the skull and connects to the iPhone 5 via bluetooth. The "Soul Patch" apparently will beam information directly into the brain, allowing the iPhone 5 to be controlled with only a thought. In order to accommodate the increased manufacturing cost of the new i-device, service providers will be requiring a record setting 50 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I have to agree. I dont know what the obsession is with thinness. Especially when we live in the fattest country (US) in the world!! LOL!!
    Lmao I agree. The current model is fine the way it is. Just put a bigger and faster ram and battery

Can't wait to see what they do

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

well, problem is that most people who have a 3gs and hold the i4 feel it is too heavy.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    well, problem is that most people who have a 3gs and hold the i4 feel it is too heavy.
    Most people? I'm guessing most people realize that both the iPhone4 and the 3GS weigh the same (4.8oz). And what does that have to do with adding more features to the phone and maintaining the current dimensions?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    And what does that have to do with adding more features to the phone and maintaining the current dimensions?
    Did you bother to read the post I quoted or are you just babbling to hear yourself talk? I'd advise you avoid the same rhetoric with me as I see you misquoting others with. I'm not into games.
    Last edited by one1; 07-07-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Have you ever held the new iPod touch? It feels just as solid as the iPhone, and it's way thinner.

Can't wait for the next gem iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Did you bother to read the post I quoted or are you just babbling to hear yourself talk? I'd advise you avoid the same rhetoric with me as I see you misquoting others with. I'm not into games.
    Okay, I'll bite. You were commenting on the weight though the user you replied to distinctly negated weight as an issue. I'm quite sure I didn't misquote you.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.