+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Finally Offering Standard Mobile Insurance for iPhones July 17

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to reports by MacRumors users AT&T has started informing customers that all iPhone models will be eligible for their standard mobile insurance programs beginning July 17. The standard program
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Finally Offering Standard Mobile Insurance for iPhones July 17

According to reports by MacRumors users AT&T has started informing customers that all iPhone models will be eligible for their standard mobile insurance programs beginning July 17.

The standard program costs $4.99 plus a deductible which varies from $50 to $125 depending on the model of the iPhone. AT&T didn't even offer insurance on the iPhone until 2010 when they partnered with a third-party company and offered coverage for $11.99 a month plus a $199 deductible.

Finally it's cheaper.

But, more importantly why has this taken so long? Apple Care doesn't protect your iPhone from all the normal facts of life, like the more alcohol one consumes the more likely it is an individual's phone will be ruined. Or lost. Or stolen. AT&T's insurance programs protects owners agains accidental physical or liquid damage, loss, theft, and mechanical and/or electrical failure. It basically covers everything Apple Care doesn't.

iPhone owners can now sleep easier, and drink heavier knowing their devices are insured, and will still cost a boatload to replace.

Source: MacRumors

Thanks

Well it's about freakin time.
    If you need help, drop me a message.

Thanks

$125 plus $5/month. At&t still be making money.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Because I didn't post this a while ago....

Att offering insurance on iphones

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

"Enrollment restrictions apply. Customers can only enroll within 30 days of a new activation or upgrade, prior activations or upgrades outside of 30 days are not eligible."

So you can only get this if you are getting a new phone?? That sucks.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    $125 plus $5/month. At&t still be making money.
    Also consider the fact that this is not a "replacement-off-the-bat" program, this is a "repair it as much as possible and only replace when it's too expensive or impossible to repair" plan. Back-of-the-envelope math comes out to $245 for two years of coverage with one over-125 claim... to the best of my knowledge, Apple Geniuses can offer a flat $200 out-of-warranty repair (though I don't believe they're obligated to swap or repair out-of-warranty--bring donuts, cigarettes, and/or beer).

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    "Enrollment restrictions apply. Customers can only enroll within 30 days of a new activation or upgrade, prior activations or upgrades outside of 30 days are not eligible."

So you can only get this if you are getting a new phone?? That sucks.
    Looks like. Ah well, repairing an iPhone yourself is not as hard as it looks if you're comfortable with consumer electronics (and your warranty is already shot to hell anyway).

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got the email from apple last week saying ""Dont be left alone"..or something like that. So I coughed up the $70 bucks to extend my warranty a year. I guess it's worth it...my headphones don't work anymore, my charger doesn't work anymore, both of which r supposedly covered under the warranty. Replacing those alone would be about the same as what I payed to get apples 1 year extension. Now I'm just hoping my home button starts sticking or something so I can get a brand spanking new iPhone!
    El Zurdo

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Do not want!

Now I know why AT&T dropped their 1500 messaging plan to 1000 and dropped the price by $5/mo. Smooth AT&T....very smooth. But I'll just spend $50 on a good protective case and be worry-free. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I just got the email from apple last week saying ""Dont be left alone"..or something like that. So I coughed up the $70 bucks to extend my warranty a year. I guess it's worth it...my headphones don't work anymore, my charger doesn't work anymore, both of which r supposedly covered under the warranty. Replacing those alone would be about the same as what I payed to get apples 1 year extension. Now I'm just hoping my home button starts sticking or something so I can get a brand spanking new iPhone!
    You won't get a brand spanking new iPhone. You'll get a brand spanking refurbished iPhone.
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-06-2011 at 08:12 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive now had two liquid damaged iphones replaced by applecare. I had previously assumed if it wasnt physically damaged or liquid damaged it was covered. But they replaced two obviously liquid damaged phones...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

worthavegroup.com......is simply the best as far as I'm concerned. Mostly because you don't have to purchase the insurance from them till after you damaged/lose your idevice. Last month, I cracked the screen on my ipad 2 and two days later I bought the insurance and within 2 weeks, I got my ipad 2 back in mint condition. I think I paid like 37.00 for the initial fee, then 50.00 deductible. 88.00 and I had a new ipad again.

Check it out!

Get iPhone Insurance and laptop insurance with a Worth Ave Group Insurance Policy

chris

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No thanks ATT. I have been using Squaretrade.com for all of my electronic device warranties, including accidental damage, since the days of iPhone 3G. it is a lot cheaper than applecare.

Andre'