+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's New In Cydia: 05/07/2011

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Bigify+ J.Corbett & J.Einbinder For anyone that used used Bigify before, this is a huge upgrade and a step forward for what the app can offer. It allows you to
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default What's New In Cydia: 05/07/2011
    Bigify+
    J.Corbett & J.Einbinder

For anyone that used used Bigify before, this is a huge upgrade and a step forward for what the app can offer. It allows you to change various propteries of your icons including colours, overlays, effects, textures and so on. You can preview all of these changes in a seperate viewer before applying them, allowing you to really tweak that specific look.

Simply adjust the sliders, or tap the numberical value to enter one in specifically. The way Bigify+ works makes it unique to each person, as everyone will have various settings that they perfer.

I spoke with John and here are some suggestions he had

"...here are some of my favorite settings for Bigify+. We didn't put them in presets because we didnt want to clutter it up, and they are a bit advanced for a regular user, but they seem like a great thing to show.

One of the techniques I use is to make all the images black and white. You can do this by going to advanced and turning on the custom layer. Set the R G B and Alpha bars to max, and set the blend mode to "Saturation". A nice thing that goes with this is going back to colors and turn on invert colors. Also adding a texture like "slate" makes for a nice effect.

You can also darken/lighten your icons by changing the blend mode to "normal" and then changing the alpha transparency. Set the r g b to 0 to darken, to or max to brigthen. This is reverse if inverting is on.

I also just like some simple things like just texture on and set to granite. Things tend to look best with only 1 or 2 of the options set up."
    Find Bigify on Cydia for $2.00

HiddenMail
    moeseth

Here's a nifty little security based app for your Mail. Let's say for some reason you wish to hide the fact that there is an email account even existing on the phone. Use this tweak to display the usual "Welcome To Mail" setup screen. By simply tapping three times, the screen will bring you to your hidden mail account. While it may not be the most secure way of hidding personal email, it's a great idea. Best of all, it's free.

AnimateBattery
    Elias Limneos

Another unique tweak brought to you by Elias Limneos. AnimateBattery adds an nice animation to the battery charging screen on your lockscreen. For this particular animation, the battery bar will start from empty and fill up to its current charge point, and then repeats.

This tweak is part of the TweakWeek, where developers set goals to release a new tweak every day, for a week.

Check out Animate Battery in Cydia for FREE

ArrangeStatusBar
    Elias Limneos

Another TweakWeek release brought to you by Elias Limneos. ArrangeStatusBar enables you to be able to drag various items in the status bar and arrrange them as you please. Simply drag and drop

Check out ArrangeStatusBar in Cydia for FREE!

Random Flip
    Elias Limneos

Yup, that's right, he's on a roll. Here's another great tweak from Elias Limneos. Random flip does something interesting, which at first I wasn't sure about, but now I'm really enjoying it. Make it feel as if the phone is always alive (Aside from way too many twitter notifications). Icons on yours springboard will randomly flip around. I like this as it adds some character to the phone.

This tweak is part of the TweakWeek, where developers set goals to release a new tweak every day, for a week.

Check out RandomFlip in Cydia for FREE!

SBFader
    Alexandros Melakis

SBFader has lots of potential. It's a simple twaeak that allows you to add fade-ins/outs in almost evey transition. It does have it's kinks for now and it will take a lot of time getting it just the way you want, but the concept leaves it wide open for you to do with as you please.

Find SBFader in Cyida for $0.99

That's it for now guys, If I missed something, feel free to post it

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Anyone else been having major issues with payments in Cydia today? Seems like it has something to do with saurik's server because I can't even get into account management without load errors.

EDIT... ok after the 20th time it loaded. If anyone else is having issues just be patient and keep trying.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-05-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Anyone else been having major issues with payments in Cydia today? Seems like it has something to do with saurik's server because I can't even get into account management without load errors.

EDIT... ok after the 20th time it loaded. If anyone else is having issues just be patient and keep trying.
    Same here, seems like a server time out error.

Thanks

I've just tried and have no problems - hopefully it was just a glitch. Hopefully all OK for you now as well.

Just like to say thanks for the tweaks - Elias Limneos seems to have been busy!

Don't know if I'll use any of them or all of them but it's great that people make these things for us

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

i had those problems earlier this week. works for me now tho... hmm maybe certain regions getting hit hard? sounds like things are busy at the Cydia store

Thanks
    What's New in Cydia.. 2 Months later? lol

Hope that's a typo... I read that as May 7th, 2011. I AM a silly American though... hahaha

Thanks

What items can you drag into the status bar for ArrangeStatusBar? I think you can only rearrange what's already there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deeplock View Post

Hope that's a typo... I read that as May 7th, 2011. I AM a silly American though... hahaha
    yup - outside of America that date is written how people understand dates.

Poseidon79 - errors being reported on IRC as well, seems to only be affecting some people?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (07-05-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deeplock View Post

Ditto, thought it was kinda funny

Thanks

I tried ArrangeStatusBar....Buggy as hell..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Random Flip only seems to flip 4 apps. Have been watching it now for like 10 min and it's the same apps that flip.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

July 7th not May 7th.

Thanks

Does Bigify+ give the option to do a single icon or does it just do them all?

Another great idea that isn't that great if it doesn't... Just like FolderLock..

I only wish I had the ability to lock a SINGLE folder and not ALL of them. Please tell me when that app hits Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

random flip makes my phone crash when i hit the e-mail icon on lockinfo.....anyone having that problem?

Thanks

Arrange and the rotate thing work perfect for me. I4 4.3.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    July 7th not May 7th.
    July 5th not May 7th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow.. I like this "tweakweek" idea but if the devs don't take the necessary time to make these stable than all these innovations are pretty much worthless they start working on another app the next day Im having problems with a few other tweaks from the tweakweek initiative.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GhStRdR2k View Post
    Random Flip only seems to flip 4 apps. Have been watching it now for like 10 min and it's the same apps that flip.
    I havent seen any icons flip. It may be the theme that I'm using. can you tell me which icons you know that "are" flipping? So I can put those icons on my first page.

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for posting this. I miss these posts on MMI.

Thanks
    arrangestatusbar is pretty cool unless you swipe your statusbar for sbsettings. youll just keep moving them around when youre trying to drop your sbsettings.

anybody know if theres a way to move things where you want and then lock them into place?