Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 May Have LED Notification Alerts

Default iPhone 5 May Have LED Notification Alerts

As of now iOS 5 allow users to customize the back facing LED flash to go off as a nortificication tool. According to a iPhoneDownloadBlog source Apple is planning to include a Blackberry-esque LED indicator light on the next iPhone.

This makes a lot more sense than just using the back-facing flash to indicate an incoming call, text message or other alert. What happens when the phone is sitting backside down on a table? While this feature is by no means confirmed, it does run in line with the Digitmes article purporting that the iPhone 5 would come with two LED flashes, with one on the back and front.

Please let this be a feature finally. Pretty please Apple...

Source: iPhoneHacks

Thanks

Ah yeah 5 generations later apple finally decides to put what shoulda been in the phone in the 1st gen

This would be awesome. Almost every chepo phone on the market does this. I have been missing this feature every since the iphone first came out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Ah yeah 5 generations later apple finally decides to put what shoulda been in the phone in the 1st gen
    THAT was funny. I'm on iOS 5 now and I do have an option for LED notifications. It's fackin' bright, but sometimes I notice that if I don't hear the tone or vibration. It's in the accessibility tab. Just like BiteSMS.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This would be huge. I like not having to turn my screen on every 5 minutes to see if there is notifications im missing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, so far it doesn't repeat. It's just as an initial notification. It does repeat alert on the sound/vibration, but maybe that can be a final product finish...so far, that's about it.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

It does sound like there trying hard to pack in as much stuff as they can. Stuff that should have been there a long time ago. Welcome to the party Apple, glad you could finally make it.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale2001 View Post
    It does sound like there trying hard to pack in as much stuff as they can. Stuff that should have been there a long time ago. Welcome to the party Apple, glad you could finally make it.
    Welcome to the party? Apple sells more smart phones than any other manufacturer in the market. (I'm talking hardware, not combining ALL the phones that run Android)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Welcome to the party? Apple sells more smart phones than any other manufacturer in the market. (I'm talking hardware, not combining ALL the phones that run Android)
    Agreed, apple products are popular because they are:
    1. Beautiful products
    2. they are easy to use
    3. They have features that all the other products don't have. (multitouch screens, accelorometer ect..) (that have eventually been copied) BUT that doesn't mean all the features usually found on common products aren't useful!

For example, I had the hardest time switching some of my friends to apple just because the iPhone doesn't have profiles. Damn apple even non-smartphone have that feature. And personally I find it absolutely amazing that androids have had one-touch-quick-access to their settings before apple did. It's like apple doesn't even care to look at the competition out there

I've been an apple for years, but I have to admit that an unjailbroken iphone next to an android looks incredibly lame now. Software wise.
    Last edited by iFanaddic; 07-05-2011 at 11:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Its such a simple case of smart business. Why give everything to eveybody when one doesnt have to. Why so they not have to ? They have the best device.......PERIOD.

Examples:
    • 3 MP Camera when everyone was releasing 8MP+
    • Multi-tasking when all of us in the JB community have had it for a long time.
    • Non AMOLED screens when everyone else has them
    • 512mhz processors when there are 1mhz all over the place
    • Now.......Possible LED indicator when they have been around for HOW LONG ?

Its simple business. Why give people everything when Jobs can secure the phones popularity and freshness for years to come.

Duh.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CONVBMW For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (07-05-2011)

lol this feature is already in iOS 5 so this is old news.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Just because they are popular doesn't make them are perfect. In terms of hardware why did it take them so long to add a lens to capture video, and why did it take them so long to add a flash. They are great phones don't get me wrong, but what's the point of adding this feature now? It made it this far without it

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

It's part business strategy to always have 'new' features and also part of Apple's desire to have things integrated properly and working very well and smoothly before shipping them. That's an area where a lot of other companies jump the gun. They want to wow non-customers with numbers and stats, but once the phone is actually in someone's hand they can see that it doesn't work nearly as well as an iOS device, and those people don't STAY customers. I've used Droids with 8+ megapixel cameras and the photos look like dung. Megapixels don't make for a good photo, they make for a big photo. Are you going to be doing poster sized prints? No. Opt for something that takes GOOD photos and works well. I've used phones with more RAM and faster processors and they are still laggy and glitchy. Apple honestly takes pride in their products, that's why they only need one a year, and that one gets more attention and care than those of the the companies that have various models churned out endlessly to the point where they can't even be kept track of. it's like if one artist spends a month working on a song and another artist (of arguably lesser talent) spends the same amount of time working on a whole album, chances are none of the songs on the album will be better than the one song from the other artist. Not to mention that Apple got a several year head start when they were planning the original iPhone because no one was thinking about phones like that at the time. And their development remains several years ahead because while everyone is busy trying to copy what they've done and tweak unnecessary things like megapixels they have been coming up with genuinely new ideas for years and still continue to. Companies need to stop trying to beat Apple at their own game and instead come up with something Apple hasn't done yet. That's why Apple isn't rushing to get features on their phones that people consider ordinary. They aren't trying to join in the game with everyone else, they are trying to do something new.

how many generations did it take for windows mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale2001 View Post
    Just because they are popular doesn't make them are perfect. In terms of hardware why did it take them so long to add a lens to capture video, and why did it take them so long to add a flash. They are great phones don't get me wrong, but what's the point of adding this feature now? It made it this far without it
    Why add it now? Really?
    That kind of thinking is why BlackBerry has fallen behind.
    Last edited by sane; 07-05-2011 at 02:21 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I know if it were not for jailbreaking i would never even own an iPhone or iPad. Apple is so lame when it comes to upgrades and features that have been around for a while. I had a blackberry curve that had a flash on it and it took Apple 4 generations to implement it into the iPhone. What a joke. But i still love Apple for some reason, damn you Apple i will take 2 iPhone 5's. thank you.

^ agree with above comment... but its marketing, if iPhone had EVERYTHING there wouldn't be iPhone 3/4/5/6.... etc

18. The Following User Says Thank You to redwolf For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (07-05-2011)

It's apple! There's a reason why every iPhone has "new" features". They don't want to give us all in the beginning. There's a reason why apple has been so successful with the iPhone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jaypcool For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (07-05-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's encouraging to see many more people understand the strategy behind Apple's feature implementation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sane View Post
    how many generations did it take for windows mobile?

Why add it now? Really?
    That kind of thinking is why BlackBerry has fallen behind.
    You mean to tell me it took this long to add a blinking light?

Oh please don't let this happen. It's over two years later and that ******* led light STILL haunts me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast