Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Believed to Have Ordered 15 Million New iPhones from Pegatron

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Believed to Have Ordered 15 Million New iPhones from Pegatron

Apple has reportedly placed a huge order with longtime manufacturer Pegatron ahead of this fall's fifth-generation iPhone release. Reports out of the far east this morning suggest the Cupertino tech titans have given Pegatron the green light to proceed with rolling out 15 million devices ahead of the late summer release.

Unfortunately, when it comes to pinning-down an actual release date, things get a little hazy. Some analysts and component suppliers maintain that Apple will unveil the iPhone 5 in September and make it available at the same time. Others believe a slightly earlier big reveal (August) is likely, while the actual market introduction of the product still won't take place until mid to late September.

Several month ago, rumors and speculation began mounting - largely from the chatter of analysts and far east parts suppliers - that Apple would most likely place an initial iPhone 5 order of no more than 10 million units with Pegatron. The 15 million number certainly speaks to an optimistic outlook by someone - probably Apple - with regard to the demand and sales potential of the next-gen handset.

As MMi covered last Friday, DigiTimes reports that September and October will be the big months for iDevice fireworks this fall. Based on "industry chatter," DigiTimes is calling for both a third-generation iPad and fifth-generation iPhone during that period. According to the article in question, both devices will "debut in small quantities" in September and in large volume in October.

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

Release is in september
    Btw I would love for the new iPhone to look like the one in the pic. Sickmade
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 07-05-2011 at 09:28 AM.

15 million is an incredible number. How many is that per second, do you suppose?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no way in Hell there will be an iPad 3 announced with the iPhone 5, or even this year at all. Are these 'analysts' complete morons?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    There is no way in Hell there will be an iPad 3 announced with the iPhone 5, or even this year at all. Are these 'analysts' complete morons?
    The iPad 3 will almost certainly be announced this Autumn - and it would make sense to announce it at the same time as the iPhone 5. What makes you think it won't be?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The iPad 3 will almost certainly be announced this Autumn - and it would make sense to announce it at the same time as the iPhone 5. What makes you think it won't be?
    How are you soo sure there wil be?

I am not certain - the first I saw mention of it was in the Sunday Times 'In Gear' section on March 10 this year pointing out that the iPad2 was a stop gap and the iPad 3 would be released in the Autumn, since then everything I read seems to confirm this. It is, of course, rumour and speculation but personally I would be surprised if it was not true.

Why, when so many people think it highly likely that it will be release, are you so convinced it won't be?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    15 million is an incredible number. How many is that per second, do you suppose?
    Assuming production starts tomorrow, release is September 1, and that they have 15 million by that date, that would mean about three would have been created during every second between tomorrow and September 1. Crazy, huh?

I dont understand. Ipad2 came out in MARCH if im correct... nearly APRIL people got their hands on it. Why release it AGAIN by christmas?

because the iPad2 didn't have everything it should have.
    The Sunday Times had an article just after the iPad2 came out saying the iPad3 would be released in the autumn and explained why.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Transformers make iPhones?

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

No way will there be a new iPad this year. There's no point. Apple is utterly dominating the tablet market. Competing tablets offer no reason for Apple to update the iPad presently. If a new iPad does debut in September it will simply be a 4G version of the current iPad with nothing else but the modem different than the current model.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I def hope they release an iPad 3 this holiday season! I am looking forward to a higher resolution screen!

Thanks

I skipped the iPad 2 so if a IPad 3 was to come out with some better specs I would buy one. I am sure there are plenty of people out there like me making a iPad 3 practical.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    No way will there be a new iPad this year. There's no point. Apple is utterly dominating the tablet market. Competing tablets offer no reason for Apple to update the iPad presently. If a new iPad does debut in September it will simply be a 4G version of the current iPad with nothing else but the modem different than the current model.
    A step ahead bro. Remember in the key note steve jobs said they are releasing the 2nd gen iPad while competitors are still on their first one. I think it's a nice way to stay ahead of the comp.