Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anicons: Animated Settings Toggles On SpringBoard

Default Anicons: Animated Settings Toggles On SpringBoard

The convenience of having settings toggles easily accessible is a huge plus. Applications such as SBSettings (BigBoss - @BigBoss) and Homescreen Settings (Elias Limneos - @limneos) offer quick methods of turning on and off and editing different important toggles and settings (e.g. WiFi, 3G, Data, etc.). Another developer, Dan Zimmerman (@DanZimm) is bringing in another alternative to settings toggles on the SpringBoard; except the icons are animated.

Anicons offers settings toggles on the SpringBoard for quick on and off functions. It is currently in its first beta form and will be incorporating more toggles and features soon. There are currently five toggles supported:

• Enabled (location)
    • Enabled (vibration)
    • Unlocked (screen rotation)
    • 3G
    • Data

(The WiFi icon is not part of Anicons directly. It was also made by Dan Zimmerman and is available on Cydia for free. It was one of his Tweak Week implementations.)

They are not just interactive in the sense that they respond to touch. They also have animated signal strength and on / off visuals. For example, the 3G Settings toggle not only allows you to turn 3G on and off but displays the signal strength of your 3G connection (moves up and down depending on strength).

As mentioned, it is currently in beta and has no planned ETA. Anicons, when available, will support all iDevices running 4.x+.

In the process of beta testing for Dan, I asked him a few questions about Anicons:

JOSH: How'd you come up with the idea for Anicons?
    DAN: For my week in Tweak Week, I made the Airplane and WiFi icons that are similar to the toggles in Anicons. This gave me the idea to make an entire set of toggles.

JOSH: How long did it take for you to create Anicons (first beta)?
    DAN: Not entirely sure. However just today I spent about 12 hours.

JOSH: Are you working on any other incorporations for Anicons or plan to do so soon?
    DAN: Not that I can think of but I'm always open to requests and suggestions.

JOSH: What are the best methods of contacting you with requests and suggestions for Anicons?
    DAN: The best way to contact me in that regard is to hit me up on Twitter: @DanZimm

Stay tuned for what is to come in regards to information and ETA for Anicons. For the time being, follow Dan Zimmerman (@DanZimm) on Twitter to stay up to date on his progress with Anicons and his other projects.

Source(s): Dan Zimmerman
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-30-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks

They are nice, ive got them on my iPhone 4. Im even updating my theme to have them.

Ill have the others themed soon.

Very cool! Would love to get this whenever it sones out.... Thanks for the great article

4. The Following User Says Thank You to turtlepaw For This Useful Post:

Joshua Tucker (07-01-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    No 5.x support? meh
    The current release is for 4.x however I'm sure Dan will make it compatible with iOS 5 when the time comes.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-01-2011 at 09:14 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

That would look great on my ipad 2. Gonna have to give it a try........oh wait............oh yeah, no ipad 2 jailbreak.............stillllllllllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    That would look great on my ipad 2. Gonna have to give it a try........oh wait............oh yeah, no ipad 2 jailbreak.............stillllllllllllll.
    +1 Where the fudge is it?

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    +1 Where the fudge is it?
    Word on the street- well...Engadget, is that it's available....

Quote Originally Posted by BEEKS View Post
    Word on the street- well...Engadget, is that it's available....
    It was a leaked copy. Do not endorse or use. Wait until official release.

can some one tel how to install themes in ipod 4g i will be very thnx full to you.............. plz snd me a private message i will wait for it.............