Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Glue: Share Notes With Pastie

Default Glue: Share Notes With Pastie

The Notes.app is great for writing quick notes or ideas down for future reference. However, if you want to share the contents with other people/users, it is more difficult then it may appear. Having to select all, copy, and then paste in the respective place can be cumbersome. Also, if you have you a character limit ( i.e. Twitter) or want to make a URL of the contents, it adds much more clean-up on the wording and extra steps. Glue by Joshua Lee Tucker (@DarkMalloc) (not to be confused with me) adds a unique feature to the Notes.app to make this process easier.

Glue is a tweak that adds a Pastie button to the sharing function in the Notes.app so you can share the contents of your notes with others. It is rather simple; you write a note, hit the sharing button, and tap Pastie. After tapping Pastie, it submits the contents to Pastie.org and adds the respective URL to your clipboard. That way you can share or paste the URL somewhere else for safe keeping easily. Joshua has confirmed that he will be implementing other pasting websites soon.

It is compatible with both iOS 4 and iOS 5 and can be found on Cydia for free via the BigBoss repo. Check it out and come back with feedback and your impression:

Name: Glue
    Author: DarkMalloc
    Version: 1.0-2
    Price: Free

As I had the opportunity to test compatibility for iOS 4 on Glue, I asked Joshua a few questions about Glue:

JOSH: What gave you the idea to create Glue?
    JOSHUA: I use Pastie religiously and I wanted to find a way to bridge the gap between notes that I take in the Notes.app and the ability to share with Pastie.

JOSH: How long did it take you to create Glue?
    JOSHUA: I came up with the idea a few days ago however it took me only about 4 hours to make.

JOSH: Any implementations that you are trying to add to Glue soon?
    JOSHUA: Yes, I'm planning on adding Pastebin support next.

JOSH: Are you working on anything other upcoming projects? Can you speak about any of them?
    JOSHUA: I am working on a few projects however I am not at liberty to speak about them. When the time is right, I will do my best to inform everyone on what has been being worked on.

Follow Joshua Lee Tucker (@DarkMalloc) on Twitter for more information about Glue and his other projects.

Source(s): Joshua Lee Tucker
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-30-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Definitely a feature I could use

Sounds like an awesome feature but for me, I don't use my note.app too much so it's no good for me.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

I installed "Glue" thinking it would give me the print button also,
    but no such luck.

I searched with google but can't find
    this "print button tweak" anywhere.

Does anybody know how it's called ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxbrother View Post
    I installed "Glue" thinking it would give me the print button also,
    but no such luck.

I searched with google but can't find
    this "print button tweak" anywhere.

Does anybody know how it's called ?
    I believe the tweak is called TruPrint. It's an Intelliborn application and is on Cydia for $9.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    I believe the tweak is called TruPrint. It's an Intelliborn application and is on Cydia for $9.99.
    Thanks for the reply, but I have truprint and in the notes app I don't have a print button, maybe it's something other than TruPrint ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxbrother View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I have truprint and in the notes app I don't have a print button, maybe it's something other than TruPrint ?
    You know I totally forgot, I apologize. The Print button is part of iOS 5. I just talked with Josh and he said he was on iOS 5 when he took that picture (I haven't been on iOS 5 in a while so I forgot). The only way you'd be able to get it now is if you were able to test the iOS 5 Beta (which requires UDID registration).

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    You know I totally forgot, I apologize. The Print button is part of iOS 5. I just talked with Josh and he said he was on iOS 5 when he took that picture (I haven't been on iOS 5 in a while so I forgot). The only way you'd be able to get it now is if you were able to test the iOS 5 Beta (which requires UDID registration).
    Thanks for the clarification,
    that's why I don't have that "print" button,
    I'm currently still on 4.2.1

Greetings,
    Soxbrother