Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Happy Birthday, iPhone!

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Happy Birthday, iPhone!

It's hard to believe our little guy turned four years old today. It seems just like yesterday when we first held it's little frame in our hands, nuzzled it to our face, and said how much we loved it. Yes, four years ago today, the original iPhone went on sale. And as illustrated by the topic trending on Twitter, a lot of folks are wishing their beloved smartphone a happy birthday tonight.

"This is a day I've been looking forward to for two and half years," Steve Jobs said way back on June 11, 2007. "Every once in a while, a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything." With that, Jobs introduced the world to the iPhone. And we haven't looked back yet.

On Wednesday, however, the folks at CBS News did look back. Specifically, they looked back all generations of the iPhone and how the device continues to evolve and remain cutting edge.

Although the report didn't plug the many ways in which the jailbreak community continues to positively influence the iPhone's expansion of features and functionalities, the trip down memory lane was still worth taking. And if the report from CBS isn't enough of a sentimental journey for you, check out the video below - Steve Jobs introducing the iPhone at WWDC 2007.

All the hoopla surrounding the iPhone's birthday today has made some (me included) even more impatient ahead of the iPhone 5's release later this summer. But based on the reports, clues, and other suggestions we've heard, there's a good chance the 5th generation iPhone will ultimately prove to be worth the wait.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, yes, the above image is of an actual iPhone-shaped birthday cake (no, I didn't bake it.)

Source: CBS

Happy belated birthday, iphone

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I want one of thse cakes my birthday coming up in August, that would be sweet!

Such a touching moment

I have no memories of the iPhone - I've never owned one. Saw them around a couple times though - I hear they're popular.

3.5 years I've resisted the urge to buy one, but that was easy due to my hatred of the AT&T network and all the problems I've had with it.

Now, hopefully, there's only two short months before the next generation comes out. This time I think I'll hop on board and finally join the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I have no memories of the iPhone - I've never owned one. Saw them around a couple times though - I hear they're popular.

3.5 years I've resisted the urge to buy one, but that was easy due to my hatred of the AT&T network and all the problems I've had with it.

Now, hopefully, there's only two short months before the next generation comes out. This time I think I'll hop on board and finally join the 21st century.
    Ya I'm going to get my first iPhone this coming gen.
    Off topic
    The modmyi app is working just updated it.
    Last edited by Megaorange; 06-30-2011 at 01:42 AM.

". It seems just like yesterday when we first held it's little frame in our hands, nuzzled it"

If you want to be possessive, it's just its; if you want to be a contraction it's "I-t-apostrophe-s." if the apostrophe is present that makes it a contraction meaning "it is." I see this error on the site all the time, it's very unprofessional and disconcerting, and comments constantly beg the editors to correct the mistake. PLEASE, PLEASE MODMYi.

Funny, It's my birthday too, today

Quote Originally Posted by harmycl View Post
    Funny, It's my birthday too, today
    Yep ditto.

Happy Birthday iPhone

Happy b-day iPhone! Btw so freakin' happy 2 b using the app to reply, made my morning when I saw that update on iTunes.

This brings a tear to my eye... Oh a new update!

Yeah, it's great, Happy Birthday, iPhone!

I wan't that cake! It's my Birthday too, tomorrow!

Imagine the iPhone, 4 years from now...
    Last edited by jose060789; 06-30-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Wow that's a cake? I couldn't even tell

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhoenix View Post
    ". It seems just like yesterday when we first held it's little frame in our hands, nuzzled it"

If you want to be possessive, it's just its; if you want to be a contraction it's "I-t-apostrophe-s." if the apostrophe is present that makes it a contraction meaning "it is." I see this error on the site all the time, it's very unprofessional and disconcerting, and comments constantly beg the editors to correct the mistake. PLEASE, PLEASE MODMYi.
    Troll.

Happy Birthday iPhone, I joined the party only since the 3GS and I've considered leaving my iPhone 4 once obsolete but I highly doubt that. Good job iPhone!
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhoenix View Post

Dude stop being an ***, as this is a common mistake and there is not a single person in this world that is perfect. Every one knew his intentions and understood them, but no one can participate in your "perfect world," so deal with it.

Yours truly,
    Gerneio
    Last edited by Gerneio; 06-30-2011 at 09:16 AM.

I wonder if by the time the iPhone turns 16 it'll be able to drive our cars for us

Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    I wonder if by the time the iPhone turns 16 it'll be able to drive our cars for us
    Lol that's funny cause I was thinking about that the other day, I bet you that'll happen sooner than that though lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Happy belated birthday, iphone
    Meh wants that kake!!

That cake looks more like a palm pre than an iPhone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast