Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Artist Renderings Hint at What iPhone 5 May Look Like

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Artist Renderings Hint at What iPhone 5 May Look Like

It's one of the hottest questions burning up the smartphone world today: what will the iPhone 5 look like? Will it be almost identical to the iPhone 4? Will it be radically different as some have predicted (but the evidence doesn't suggest)? So far, in the absence of a leaked device - a luxury we had the last time around - we've primarily been left to our imaginations in guessing what the next-generation iPhone will look like.

Of course, if you're designers Michal Bonikowski and Antoine Brieux, guessing games are no fun. But artist renderings certainly are. The two iPhone 5 sketchers have produced renderings of what they believe the next-gen touchscreen handset will look like. For Bonikowski (see rendering above), the iPhone 5 will not stray from that which we've grown familiar.
    Bonikowski's iPhone 5 plays it safe, returning to the pioneering handheld's roots with an aluminum back and steel fame. It's still thin like the iPhone 4, but its predecessor's flat back has been replaced with a slight, curving bulge.
    Where we find a greater challenge to the conventional, established look of the iPhone is in Brieux's artist rendering (see below), which is clearly a more pronounced departure from the iPhone 4. It effectively evolves "the more boxy look of the iPhone 4" into a frame that appears "rounded from the front and flat from the side."

Although I hope the ultimate look of the iPhone 5 more closely resembles Bonikowski's rendering, Brieux may not be too off-base, particularly given the speculation from far east parts suppliers who have recently been more forthcoming about the new look and feel of the device, often hinting at the "flatter" design envisioned by Brieux.

Do you think either man has it right, or might we be surprised by the design Apple actually has in store?

Sources: Michal Bonikowski, Antoine Brieux, Dvice

Hot!!! Im buyin! **installs tent in front of rogers retailer**

How about an iPhone Chromatic?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-chromatic8-thumb.jpg   -0.jpg  
    Last edited by iFanaddic; 06-29-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Do people not have anything better then to make up what a phone may look like? Seriously, I could draw one thats triangle in shape and call it a render of what it could be like.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't like how low the camera and flash are.

They completely made this up, they have no idea what it's looking like and this sketch is just a guess

Be a cool guess tho lol.

Yeah no one will know for sure till its left at a bar. But that is a nice design I'd buy it
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 7,113 Posts

That top pic looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind it looking like that at all.

Thanks

Going off all known and proven evidence available, I believe the phone will resemble Steve Job's johnson.

Do I get my own article now?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

those are the best fake pictures i have ever seen for the iPhone for sure. I like it too! and i am def buying no matter what the next gen is, my 3gs is beginning to be hella crappy.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me see if I can invite one of the engineers to have some drinks to see if he forget his iPhone 5 on the counter. Gizmodo, I will keep in contact.

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Do people not have anything better then to make up what a phone may look like? Seriously, I could draw one thats triangle in shape and call it a render of what it could be like.
    Do you really not have anything better to do than post stupid, irrelevant comments on forums whose sole purpose is to talk about news such as this? Seriously, I could just look past your comment and think nothing of it but the idiocy of your statement really needed to be brought up in a public venue.

I don't get it!!!! are we going to get the 4s or a true next gen iphone 5 this September?

if only the iphone 5 had the same screen size as the evo.....damn it Apple!!!! I WANT 4.3 SCREEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Let me see if I can invite one of the engineers to have some drinks to see if he forget his iPhone 5 on the counter. Gizmodo, I will keep in contact.
    I lol'd. It was obviously staged; how else do you keep millions of Apple fanatics begging for more and more leaked information.

Quote Originally Posted by magistry View Post
    Do you really not have anything better to do than post stupid, irrelevant comments on forums whose sole purpose is to talk about news such as this? Seriously, I could just look past your comment and think nothing of it but the idiocy of your statement really needed to be brought up in a public venue.
    Magistry, I love you.

This looks shopped. I can tell by some of the pixels and from having seen a few shops in my time

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I don't get it!!!! are we going to get the 4s or a true next gen iphone 5 this September?

if only the iphone 5 had the same screen size as the evo.....damn it Apple!!!! I WANT 4.3 SCREEN!!!
    I agree...I'm tired of this tiny creek lol...my gf is on Verizon and just got the Droid X2 and it dwarfs my iPhone. Guy at Verizon told me he would give me $210 for my iPhone so I could switch to Verizon..I said "you just want mine so you can talk and surf at the same time." lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iJunkie68 View Post
    Guy at Verizon told me he would give me $210 for my iPhone so I could switch to Verizon..I said "you just want mine so you can talk and surf at the same time." lol
    Well played, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
    This looks shopped. I can tell by some of the pixels and from having seen a few shops in my time
    ROFLMAO. Of COURSE it's shopped. Were you expecting a photograph of an actual prototype?
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    just a thought but...this is modmyi...a place for anything-apple-enthusiasts which also include but not limited to rendering future iphones...that doesnt mean we have nothing better to do...but the same would be said to someone posting something like what you have posted...nothing better to do then post negativity?

my view:

wasting time drawing an iphone = creativity
    posting negativity = waste of time
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

It will look the same this time around.

Love the second one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast