Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: EDIT: Cydia 1.1.2 Has NOT Released

Default Cydia 1.1.2 Released
    his article is no longer relevant. This is not a release and was clarified by saurik.

Quote Originally Posted by saurik;
    This unreleased version of Cydia has nothing to do with iOS 5. Users should not install random updates from apt.saurik.com that are not actually released to the index unless they have specific problems they are trying to solve with a released version.

New versions of Cydia are often posted like this to prepare for new platform features related to jailbreaks, like the unionfs work that comex has been documenting recently: these changes are largely untested and users upgrading to version 1.1.2 of Cydia without an explicit recommendation to do so are doing so at their own peril.

The reason that these files are placed in public is in order to make it simpler for the mechanisms of testing things, so version numbers do not need to be changed later in the process. However, that was obviously a mistake: people now scour this server looking for "updates" and then publish articles about "releases", which is ludicrous.
    I apologize for the inconvenience and mis-leading factor of this article. It was not my intention and has been fixed. Please spread this news if anyone is in confusion. One disclaimer:

Releases for Cydia will come through the "Changes" log. Anything that you find different on the apt server is either for other purposes or something that is not ready. DO NOT use them unless noted otherwise.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-29-2011 at 05:10 PM.

D loading it right now............ and done.

My little brain can't see any change except the version number but it still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Last edited by rkswat; 06-29-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why not post a third time?

thanks.

Thanks for the heads up!

To install:

Get the .deb.

SSH into the phone.

Place the .deb in /tmp

In the mobile terminal, or your Mac's terminal enter:

dpkg -i /tmp/cydia_1.1.2_iphoneos-arm.deb

killall SpringBoard

Launch Cydia and you'll see the version at the bottom of the main page.

Great. I'm glad it is working out for you guys.

downloaded, and tried to unarchive, but it does nothing. tried zip viewer, still does nothing. i have the paid iFile. any help?

Successfully installed - unable to find any changes

Anyone have a change-log??

Will this update be available by just updating through Cydia?

Thanks

i cant see any difference looks the same and no big speed increase

wow saurik is getting more hated by me by the minute

Quote Originally Posted by Whetto939 View Post
    downloaded, and tried to unarchive, but it does nothing. tried zip viewer, still does nothing. i have the paid iFile. any help?
    lol use installer not unarchive/zip viewer. make sure cydia isn't open or else it won't work.
    My Stuff:
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.7 | Mac OS X 10.7
    iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) 4.2.8 - Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    Saving for:
    iPad (1 or 2, not sure) Wi-Fi 16 GB

A few differences in the search functions and such have been noticed (including myself).

Default this is not a release: bad "article", no fact checking
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    Jay Freeman (@saurik) has released a new version of Cydia today: Cydia 1.1.2. There was no changelog to view but the assumption is that it includes some bug fixes and overall speed improvements. There's a high likelihood that this release is one of the first steps of Cydia in its preparation for the release of iOS 5.
    This unreleased version of Cydia has nothing to do with iOS 5. Users should not install random updates from apt.saurik.com that are not actually released to the index unless they have specific problems they are trying to solve with a released version.

New versions of Cydia are often posted like this to prepare for new platform features related to jailbreaks, like the unionfs work that comex has been documenting recently: these changes are largely untested and users upgrading to version 1.1.2 of Cydia without an explicit recommendation to do so are doing so at their own peril.

The reason that these files are placed in public is in order to make it simpler for the mechanisms of testing things, so version numbers do not need to be changed later in the process. However, that was obviously a mistake: people now scour this server looking for "updates" and then publish articles about "releases", which is ludicrous.

There is no changelog provided and I'm unsure if this release will be done through Cydia or not.

Quote Originally Posted by thecartuner77 View Post
    wow saurik is getting more hated by me by the minute
    To be honest, I'm getting pretty sick of this stuff as well.

Nice, once i get home i will be installing it!

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    D loading it right now............ and done.

My little brain can't see any change except the version number but it still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    hahaha that's good at least

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    To be honest, I'm getting pretty sick of this stuff as well.
    Lol. That guy is a tool, Saurik. I love your work.

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post

I was gonna install it, until I read this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Downloaded and updated. Works fine. Don't really see anything new on the surface, although most likely what is new isn't in the graphics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast