+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Files ITC Complaint Against Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Samsung filed complaint no. 337-2824 yesterday against Apple with the International Trade Commission concerning "Mobile Electronic Devices, Including Wireless Communication Devices, Portable Music and Data Processing Devices, and Tablet Computer."
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Files ITC Complaint Against Apple

Samsung filed complaint no. 337-2824 yesterday against Apple with the International Trade Commission concerning "Mobile Electronic Devices, Including Wireless Communication Devices, Portable Music and Data Processing Devices, and Tablet Computer."

Filing a complaint like this with the ITC means Samsung is asking for the ITC to place an import ban against the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. If the ITC agrees to investigate the complaint, a decision wont be reached for 16-18 months. Apple has routinely defended itself against ITC complaints (Nokia, Motorala, HTC, and Eastman Kodal) and things aren't likely to change. Life at the top appears to be quite harsh for Apple (not really).

While the complaint may just be another legal annoyance for Apple, the strain it is likely to put on the business relationship between Samsung and Apple wont end up well. Samsung has shown its priorities to be manufacturing consumer electronic devices, not simply being a supplier to Apple. Even if their is more money to be made shipping higher margin Tablets and phones than supplying chips as proposed by FOSS Patents, losing nearly $8 billion in guaranteed revenue from Apple seems ludicrous. Especially concerning the non-success of Motorola's Tablets.

It appears Apple and Samsung have turned into the dysfunctional family next door. Domestic dispute after domestic dispute wake the neighborhood up, then one day, only the wife and kids show up to the summer potluck, and everyone knows why.

Source: Foss Patents

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good for you Samsung, stick it back at Apple.
    This strained relationship started by Apple, bullying everyone around like they own the world. Samsung will lose the contracts from Apple from all the reports, might as well get back some of the dignity it loss while working with Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They'll kiss and make up eventually. Is it just me or do people not comment on articles anymore with the new MMi layout?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Good for you Samsung, stick it back at Apple.
    This strained relationship started by Apple, bullying everyone around like they own the world. Samsung will lose the contracts from Apple from all the reports, might as well get back some of the dignity it loss while working with Apple.
    So do you have something that indicates Apple has in fact been bullying everyone around? Or perhaps because they keep ending up in legal battles (and potentially winning most (??)) you FEEL they are bullying ppl around? Perhaps their was a legal agreement that you are not aware. Perhaps, Apple is willing to fight at a level other organisations were unwilling or unable to fight. Was the "dignity it loss" you referenced above due to Apple or Samsung itself? Was it the media and its spin?

You have a very quick draw. Are you on target? Are you shooting blanks or possibly salt?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

love the new style of writing. personality(and passion) is a great thing to have lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you unison999. Apple definitely has no dignity. Apple products are highly overpriced and worst part is that in US no law about overpricing of the products. It costs probably apple approximately 200 to make a phone and they sell it for 800. 600 profit per piece. Even with subsidy at& sells it for 250 so the manufacturing cost is covered right there let alone the contract profit and data profits. Before it was unlimited data but companies are putting a cap on it too. Greed! But history has proved over and over that greediness is only for some time and eventually comes to an end.
    Motorola and Samsung and Nokia are king of the electronics from a long long time. Its a harsh time they facing are but like good times these will go away too. They are not going to sit quite. Just wait and watch.
    I am also going to leave kill my iphone and get android next month. Enough of this highly overpriced toy. Also most of the application that cost in apple apple store are free in android market.
    I admire google a lot. Look, they came up with the chrome laptop and that too with cloud feature. Thats my next target to get. They have free email, documents, site domains etc etc plus they have integrity and respect in the world. I am already loving google's cloud music service which is in beta phase. So far I havent seen any limit to load the songs + they give 200 free songs

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple also has the power now to tell Samsung to not use the touch screen tech that Apple has recently won the patent of or they can charge Samsung an exuberant amount of money to keep using the tech.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love how crApple has the red saber...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    Apple also has the power now to tell Samsung to not use the touch screen tech that Apple has recently won the patent of or they can charge Samsung an exuberant amount of money to keep using the tech.
    There are many ways to get pass that patent. I highly doubt Samsung has anything to worry about it. On a side note, you might wanna try to understand the patent and what it does.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,023 Posts

more legal disputes... it's sad... although i do believe Apple needs to get off their high horse and stop being so controlling I really enjoy their products (jailbroken), everybody is sue happy, it's kind of ridiculous

iPhone? More like MyPhone spider_romeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson;
    Especially concerning the non-success of Motorola's Tablets.
    Ba..ha...ha...ha...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,669 Times in 826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jordbrett View Post
    Is it just me or do people not comment on articles anymore with the new MMi layout?
    For me the new layout killed my MMi RSS feed. Now the only thing it shows is new thread posts. No one "surfs" the web for news anymore, now we just get it delivered to our personalized homepage

I can only assume they'll fix it. Hopefully soon.