+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Daily iOS Activations Now Trail Android Activations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Jeez, guys. Android fanbois out the wazzu in here. Android passing Apple in monthly activations has nothing to do with Android becoming a superior OS, or people liking it better,
    Thanks

Jeez, guys. Android fanbois out the wazzu in here.

Android passing Apple in monthly activations has nothing to do with Android becoming a superior OS, or people liking it better, or its hardware being the shiznit.

It has everything to do with people knowing that around September a new iPhone will be released.

Numbers wise, there probably isn't much change in how many Androids get activated. The iPhones are just slipping a little until the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    you said "Apple command's the market" so why is it that Apple made the world's first personal computer with a GUI but today, Microsoft owns 80% of the world's personal computer market?
    Because of a lawsuit where Apple sued MS for patent infringement, and the judge ruled that MS had to give computers to schools as their punishment. Then everyone was used to Windows, so they bought Windows computers.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 06-29-2011 at 05:30 AM.

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Back to the numbers in the article. I think a better comparison would be of the carriers who offer the iphone and what is the breakdown. This would be hard to attain with so many different carriers worldwide. But for the first quarter of this year ATT reported activating 5.7 million smartphones - 3.6 million of which were iphones.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    iPhone 4 will more than likely support into iOS 6? what, like iPhone 3G and 3GS will NEVER see iOS 5?!?!?! and those older gen ipod touches?

If you want to know what Google has to say about that, watch some Google IO videos and you'll see whats going on. I love my iPhone 4 but I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 over the ipad 2.
    3GS and iPod Touch 3rd gen will support iOS 5.
    iPhone and iPod Touch 1st gen did iOS 1,2,3
    iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd gen did iOS 2,3,4
    iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd gen does iOS 3,4,5
    So it's safe to assume that iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th gen will do iOS 4,5,6

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12