+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: NewContact: Add Contacts From Anywhere Via Activator

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Having the ability to add contacts fast is always a plus. Whether at a party, an event, or something of this nature, you're bound to find someone you want to
    Thanks

Default NewContact: Add Contacts From Anywhere (Activator)

Having the ability to add contacts fast is always a plus. Whether at a party, an event, or something of this nature, you're bound to find someone you want to exchange numbers with. Generally speaking, you have to go to the Contact.app, press the "+" button, and go through a lengthy process to get a contact in. A newly released tweak named NewContact, by Andrea Oliva (@abart997), brings an alternative method to quickly adding contacts.

NewContact offers a quick and easy solution by providing a basic window to put contact information in. Setting NewContact to an Activator method and using the method will bring up the window. Within the window, you type the respective information in (First name, Last name, Phone number). When you tap "Add" it compiles the new contact information into a contact profile in your Contacts.app. At this point, the tweak is a simple implementation but could be greatly improved. Here are a few suggestions for future updates and features:

• Have the ability to add email addresses
    • Specify what type the number is (mobile, home, office, fax, etc.)
    • Be able to add multiple numbers/email addresses at the same time
    • Add a photo (either from camera roll or by camera)

It is currently available on Cydia for $.99 so give it a shot. It is available on all firmwares and devices up to 4.3.3. (does not include any of the iOS 5 Beta firmwares)

Name: NewContact
    Author: Andrea Oliva
    Version: 1.0
    Price: $0.99

The creator of NewContact, Andrea Oliva (@abart997), can be followed on Twitter for more information about NewContact and his other projects.

Source(s): Andrea Oliva
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-28-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can see how some will like this, but I've never thought it was hard to add a contact. All I do is hit the phone button, dial the number and hit add contact. Seems like this takes the same amount of time to me, and costs you $1. :?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 14u2nv View Post
    I can see how some will like this, but I've never thought it was hard to add a contact. All I do is hit the phone button, dial the number and hit add contact. Seems like this takes the same amount of time to me, and costs you $1. :?
    The convenience is that you can do it from anywhere. You can activate it from your lock screen, on your SpringBoard, or in any application. That takes away the steps of going into Contacts.app, hitting the button, and typing. Also, NewContact offers a little more simplicity in terms of what you need to type.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love it man ... Searching for this kind of stuff for a long time.. thx ...
    Me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 1,171 Posts

pretty cool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soti2009 View Post
    Love it man ... Searching for this kind of stuff for a long time.. thx ...
    Me
    No problem!