Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 Has New First Boot Animation

Default iOS 5 Has New First Boot Animation

iOS5 beta 2 was released a few days back, and the list of new features developers are uncovering is slowing growing. So far the Wi-Fi sync feature, over the air updates and nativ-app-style momentum scrolling have been a few of the highlights. However, a interesting little nugget emerged today: a brand spankin new boot animation that is only triggered when the iDevice is booted up for the first time or restored from iTunes.

It appears that the boot animations were changed with the previous version of the iOS 5 beta, as the video of the iPad boot animation was uploaded on June 6, the first day of the beta 1 release.

The new boot animation, which can be seen above, precedes the new Apple ID-based setup process. This process is integrated with iCloud, and has been overhauled to now require the user's Apple ID, the device's IMEI and ICCID codes.

There is no guarantee the new animation will make it into the final version of iO 5, but it does seem odd that Apple would feel the need to change something people see so infrequently. But, thats what makes them different than everyone else.

That and boatloads of money.

Source: iPhoneHacks

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe someone will develop a tweak in mobile substrate to make the animation play every boot...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i honestly didnt even notice it on my iPad 2 when i restored iOS 5 beta 2. I dont think enough people will notice because how often do we look at our devices while they are restoring? I only look at iTunes.

Boot animation, OTA updates, Pull down notifications... hmm. Where have I seen all these before???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alien mars18 View Post
    Boot animation, OTA updates, Pull down notifications... hmm. Where have I seen all these before???
    I would seriously begin to worry if their next lock screen was that of a CRT turning off

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

If Apple didn't include new features that exist in the jailbreak community already, then they really wouldn't be able to include any new features. They're not braindead to the point where they need to rip off Cydia tweaks. It's just that everything has pretty much been dome already somewhere along the way.

What's Jailbreak? chrismonster16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    If Apple didn't include new features that exist in the jailbreak community already, then they really wouldn't be able to include any new features. They're not braindead to the point where they need to rip off Cydia tweaks. It's just that everything has pretty much been dome already somewhere along the way.
    But we all have to admit, for the most part, when Apple implements something, it's normally very good as compared to something we can write. Except the folder limit..they kinda screwed up on that xD

I wish they'd at least include useful, basic stuff like customizing the amount of icons on the springboard. Having 5 or 6 icons on the dock is really awesome.

Of course, they're saving these NEW, EXCITING, BREAKTHROUGH features for future updates.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post
    I wish they'd at least include useful, basic stuff like customizing the amount of icons on the springboard. Having 5 or 6 icons on the dock is really awesome.

Of course, they're saving these NEW, EXCITING, BREAKTHROUGH features for future updates.
    for real. Apple is so far behind the Jailbreak Community. I go into Cydia every so often and I am simply amazed at how the JB tweaks and themes have grown in the past couply years. There are so many tweaks its ridiculous and I would not even own an iPhone if there was no JB. Thanks to everyone involved.

Slowing growing? Who's your editor? LOL

"slowing growing"? Nice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Or maybe someone will develop a tweak to make their very own animations. Err, wait. Someone already did do that. Oh well, at least now we finally have wifi-syncing! You mean jailbreakers already had that? Well, what about the ALL NEW lock-screen widgets and improved notifications in iOS5? WhaaA! That too!? Geeez, jailbreak developers might as well work for Apple............... Oh, yea.. nvm.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Or maybe someone will develop a tweak to make their very own animations. Err, wait. Someone already did do that. Oh well, at least now we finally have wifi-syncing! You mean jailbreakers already had that? Well, what about the ALL NEW lock-screen widgets and improved notifications in iOS5? WhaaA! That too!? Geeez, jailbreak developers might as well work for Apple............... Oh, yea.. nvm.
    Awesome

It was like this in the first beta as well. Kinda old news, I even posted the video here a couple of times...

Thanks
    I'd like to see an animation every boot. It would let me know my phone is actually starting up and is making progress.