+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook's Newest Employee, iPhone Hacker Geohot

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Mark Zuckerberg added another missel to his arsenal, iPhone and PS3 hacker George Hotz (Geohot) is now officially confirmed as an employee of Facebook. Geohot is famous in the iOS
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook's Newest Employee, iPhone Hacker Geohot

Mark Zuckerberg added another missel to his arsenal, iPhone and PS3 hacker George Hotz (Geohot) is now officially confirmed as an employee of Facebook.

Geohot is famous in the iOS community for his jailbreaking and unlocking tools like blacksn0w, blackra1n, and limera1n. Outside of the iOS world Geohot made headlines as the subject of a Sony lawsuit.

Geohot, other than mentioning on Facebook "is Facebook is really an amazing place to work...first hackathon over," has been mum on the subject. While this is a bummer for the jailbreak community, and Geohot's knack for discovering exploits in the iOS firmware will be missed, it will be interesting to see how he is utilized over at Facebook. Considering his expertise, it wouldn't shock me if he's working har at discovering security holes in all things Facebook.

Maybe even in the much rumored Facebook phone.

Source: TechUnwrapped

Thanks
    HAHAHAHA! lucky kid

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Wow! Now I wanna work there lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Holy crap, at first I thought that said Apple's newest employee. I almost started to cry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

[Update No. 2] Gabe Rivera of Techmeme in a tweet found Geohot’s page at Facebook.com/Geohot, and the first post at the top of page says” is Facebook is really an amazing place to work…first hackathon over.”. He also found out that he started in May, and announced it to his Facebook friends on June 17, 2011.
    He has been hired to reverse hack the site and I think it will keep his curious side busy enough not to get bored and quit in 4 months. Should make for one hell of a strong firewall. "Protected by GEOHOT"
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

missle
    hard

Thanks

*missile

Thanks

Hacking iDevices was never a job. So who knows, he still might have time to do some exploiting on the side.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

i wonder how much he makes

Thanks

Why the hell doesn't any one acknowlege purplera1n the first 3GS jailbreak, or pre 3.1.2 work which he has done. The damn boy had the first unlocked iPhone in 2007. Maybe people should do research into his greater achievements other than reference current jailbreaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, Facebook? Really? That's a waste of talent. Facebook is just a website for stupid people to share pictures and start drama. I guess some people "keep in touch" through it though. Phone, text messages, e-mail, instant messages, social networking! It seems people Want more and more ways to "keep in touch" every day. I feel bad for our spoiled generation, people actually had to meet you at your house, or a coffee shop to have a conversation. Technology is slowly killing the beauty of sitting down with a person and sharing a drink, or a blunt and actually have a conversation that is more than just words or letters on a screen. All I'm trying to say is, we should stop being so lazy and make connections with other people. I'm done with my rant. Flame me and defend facebook or whatever if you want. Good day!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SwatPac For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (06-26-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Wow, Facebook? Really? That's a waste of talent. Facebook is just a website for stupid people to share pictures and start drama. I guess some people "keep in touch" through it though. Phone, text messages, e-mail, instant messages, social networking! It seems people Want more and more ways to "keep in touch" every day. I feel bad for our spoiled generation, people actually had to meet you at your house, or a coffee shop to have a conversation. Technology is slowly killing the beauty of sitting down with a person and sharing a drink, or a blunt and actually have a conversation that is more than just words or letters on a screen. All I'm trying to say is, we should stop being so lazy and make connections with other people. I'm done with my rant. Flame me and defend facebook or whatever if you want. Good day!
    smoking a blunt lmao

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Mehh.. easy money?
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Thanks

I agree with your premise although with those people I cannot meet due to distance; this is the only way I can keep in touch even if i am from your so-called "spoiled generation" Good day to you sir

Thanks

Haha I find this hilarious. I did not see this coming but am not suprised. Good for Geohot and Facebook.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holygamer22 View Post
    I agree with your premise although with those people I cannot meet due to distance; this is the only way I can keep in touch even if i am from your so-called "spoiled generation" Good day to you sir
    Touché
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

haha word on the blunt, as i somewhat agree with you isnt MMi another way of social networking? As much as some may hate it, its not going anywhere and i think it opens up so much more to people. Think if you had an iPhone and something was wrong with it instead of going onto a forum to find help, you could only try to find people the "old fashioned way" and go to a coffee shop or a store, what a pain in the ***. pffff out with the old in with the new i say!

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow no oner no wonder we dont have a ipad 2 break , he busy with facebook

Thanks

The one thing I've been thinking that I never see mentioned is how if a company makes Geohot an enemy (i.e. by suing him) they later are "anonymously" made to regret it. Coincidence?
    I think Facebook made a good move in the sense that Geo will check them out thoroughly, however I'm not sure if the hacking community will stand by him or try to go a round with him.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Blunt?!? Yup he went there. LMAO! Yeah I don't facebook either. I do however get a kick of all the people I see posting their lives min by min on their devices. Lahoozaher's imop. So. How about that blunt? And I don't mean virtual either. Lol.