Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's New In Cydia: June 25th, 2011

Default What's New In Cydia: June 25th, 2011
    Back in full force, your weekly update on what's new and hot in Cydia.

WiFi Booster
    Malcolm Hall

This is one of my favorite new tweaks as far as WiFi tweaks go. WiFi Booster is a tweak design to improve the native settings app designated for WiFi. The tweak adds additional information to WiFi information, and allows you to see all networks in range by removing the signal level limit. Much like what you see in apps like WiFiFoFum, this allows you to access many more networks than normal. Granted most may not work, however its nice and tidy tucked away inside the settings page.

The list of networks will then also show the BSSID (AP MAC address) and RSSI (signal level) for each network, another nice visual tweak.

WiFi Booster is in Cydia for $1.99.

AirServer
    Pratik Kumar

AirServer for iOS, by Pratik Kumar, allows your to use your iOS device as an AirTunes and AirPlay station. Essentially it turns your iDevice into an AirPort Express combined with an Apple TV.

The app will allow you to stream audio, videos, photos, and slide shows from your Mac (as far as I understand, no windows support for videos, however iTunes streams audio just fine for Windows) to your iOS device or between iOS devices.

AirServer is available in Cydia for $4.99.

SMSEnhancer
    Alexandros Melakis (@melakis)

Joshua has covered this one earlier, and it is indeed a nice tweak to have if you prefer using the native SMS app built into iOS.

SMSEnhancer, by Alexandros Melakis (@melakis), tweaks the Messages.app conversation windows to show timestamps and contact photos of those in the conversation. Each time you send a message, it has an icon by your name (one that you choose). Then whatever contact photo you have set for the person you're messaging in your Contacts.app will show up next to each message bubble. At this point, the settings are minimal with enable timestamps and contact/your photo, but new features are imminent as the implementation is creative.
    Read the full write-up on SMSEnhancer here.

Find SMSEnhancer in Cydia for only $0.99.

Homescreen Settings
    Elias Limneos

I quite like this tweak. While I usually use SBSettings to quickly access various settings, this app will actually add almost any page in your settings as an icon on your dashboard. Tapping the icon once will open the settings for that page in what appears to be just like a folder.

If you'd like you could essentially set up a page with settings icons, and have it fully dedicated to quickly make changes. I for one couldn't get enough ways to access my brightness, heck I'd put an icon for it on every page.

Find Homescreen Settings in Cydia for $1.99.

iFinder
    Itsay

Much like iFile, iFinder is the same concept. iFinder is a fully-featured iOS file manager & viewer. The biggest difference here is that iFinder comes in at $1.50, and iFile at $4.00.

Features:
    • Root access, support for the entire iOS filesystem
    • Creation, deletion, renaming, moving, copying of files and directories
    • Compressing directories into gzipped tar files
    • SQL databases, Apple Property List (.plist) files, audio files, video files, binary files (using hex editor), compressed/archive files (zip, tar, gz, tar.gz, tar.bz2), etc.
    • Showing installed AppStore app names in ~/Applications
    • Viewing and modifying several file properties, including name, MIME-type (readonly), MD5 hash (readonly), filesize (readonly), Unix CHMOD file mode, file owner, file group
    • Full-featured Dropbox integration: Download, Upload and also manage files in Dropbox.
    • HTTP file sharing via local Wi-Fi network - downloading files from anywhere (and will be able to upload in few time)
    • Password protection for app startup
    • Sending files as attachments via e-mail

With a list like that, how could you not give it a shot? Find iFinder in Cydia for only $1.50.

Thanks

awesome stuff bro

the timestamp is working fine with a custom sms bubble and background but the picture is not working with a custom sms bubble and background, i disabled the custom sms bubble and background and it worked fine

airserver works just fine airplaying videos from windows to iphone 4

Thanks Yoeltimeisup

hehe, you wrote wrong my name, it is Itay :P

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoeltimeisup View Post
    airserver works just fine airplaying videos from windows to iphone 4
    There is already a free app from apple called air view that does the exact same thing so why is this air server needed?

I asked the AirServer guys to add a daemon so we could always AirPlay to an idevice without having to open the app and they said they would try adding that after iOS 5 came out!

Just a clarification for AirServer directly from the developer, Pratik Kumar:

Quote Originally Posted by Pratik Kumar;
    AirServer for iOS fully supports video streaming from Windows machines using iTunes. Just like from it does when streaming from iTunes running on a Mac.

Man I thought nick got the boot. Good to see you back.

I have iFile and it's great but, is there any reason for me to change to iFinder?

wi-fi booster my arse! all it does is just shows hidden networks which you cant connect to anyway, and the signal level, and the mac address, i'm no expert at technology but wheres the boosting bit in the wifi booster tweak? i find that as false advertising and lame.

Can the settings apps created through homescreen settings be accessed through the "menus" function of activator?

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    wi-fi booster my arse! all it does is just shows hidden networks which you cant connect to anyway, and the signal level, and the mac address, i'm no expert at technology but wheres the boosting bit in the wifi booster tweak? i find that as false advertising and lame.
    ditto my friend..most of us already have a wifi search(I have wifitrak..which was free I think)
    ..what does this boost?????
    I will,thru paypal credit anyone the price of this app if anyone can find and log into a wifi network from this booster.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Quote Originally Posted by iamutman View Post
    Can the settings apps created through homescreen settings be accessed through the "menus" function of activator?
    No, I already tried..
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by shirahmad View Post
    the timestamp is working fine with a custom sms bubble and background but the picture is not working with a custom sms bubble and background, i disabled the custom sms bubble and background and it worked fine
    For those who may be having issues with SMSEnhancer, Alexandros just said on Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by melakis;
    SMSEnhancer has been reported to not show pics when custom themes are used. An update fixing this should be expected by the end of the week.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    ditto my friend..most of us already have a wifi search(I have wifitrak..which was free I think)
    ..what does this boost?????
    I will,thru paypal credit anyone the price of this app if anyone can find and log into a wifi network from this booster.
    As I said above the FREE Apple AIR VIEW is in the app store and its FREE but this new AIR SERVER is a paid for app in Cydia. WHY? Does the creator of it want to rip people off?

If there is already a FREE app then why make a paid for one the same?

Oh, I quoted as I agree. I already have a few free apps that do the same thing so I'm not going to pay for whats already free.

Cool I was looking to stream audio from my mac to my iPhone 4. Thank you!

Wow lots of good stuff here to check out. I've been using VLC Streamer it's essentially the same as AirServer, but have been looking for other options. So I'll definitely be trying out AirServer!!

Think I'll give home screen settings a go, looks class. Already have iFile and love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast