Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: sn0wbreeze Beta 3 for iOS 5 Beta 2 Now Available

Default sn0wbreeze Beta 2 for iOS 5 Beta 2 Now Available
    With the release of iOS 5 Beta 2, jailbreak hackers are on the move again to release jailbreak clients to support iOS 5 Beta 2. iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) released sn0wbreeze 2.8 Beta 2 to support jailbreaks on iOS 5 Beta 2. MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) and the iPhone Dev-Team said yesterday on Twitter saying that the redsn0w beta for iOS 5 Beta 1 (for Mac and Windows) still works for Beta 2. However, when speaking with iH8sn0w on Skype, here's the difference:

Quote Originally Posted by iH8sn0w;
    When using redsn0w beta for iOS 5, you still have to point to the iOS 5 Beta 1 IPSW even when on iOS 5 Beta 2. Because it is using old kernels, this is why it makes it possible. However, if bug problems arise, then issues can occur. sn0wbreeze actually updates those kernels and allows for a more smooth jailbreak.
    ========================
    sn0wbreeze v2.8 BETA 3:
    ========================
    * Now jailbreaks iOS 5 (beta 2)
    * Does not Hacktivate or add afc2 in this release to prevent piracy.
    * iPhone 3GS old bootrom users have an untethered boot.
    * Now only 15MB
    ========================
    Supported Devices:
    ========================
    * iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) [UNTETHERED]
    * iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) [TETHERED]
    * iPhone 4 GSM [TETHERED]
    * iPhone 4 CDMA [TETHERED]
    * iPod Touch 3G [TETHERED]
    * iPod Touch 4 [TETHERED]
    * iPad 1G [TETHERED]
    ========================
    Now available at: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: sn0wbreeze-v2.8b3.zip
    ========================

sn0wbreeze 2.8 Beta 2 is available for Windows users and can be downloaded at the following link:

sn0wbreeze 2.8 Beta 2

Follow iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) on Twitter for more information about sn0wbreeze and his other projects.

Source(s): iH8sn0w
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-26-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    thanks for the info.
    My pleasure.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua Tucker For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (06-26-2011)

Thanks

whats the afc2 to prevent piracy thing? are the makers of the jailbreaks trying to combat people illegally downloading app store apps, or just cydia apps?
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

afc2 is used to access the root file system

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    afc2 is used to access the root file system
    so people cant ssh into the device and remove certain files to hacktivate it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    so people cant ssh into the device and remove certain files to hacktivate it.
    Oh, did I forget to finish the sentence. Good looking out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (06-26-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    whats the afc2 to prevent piracy thing? are the makers of the jailbreaks trying to combat people illegally downloading app store apps, or just cydia apps?
    afc2, like said above, has to do with the iOS 5 Beta. sn0wbreeze does not allow people to jailbreak the iOS 5 beta unless their UDID is legitimately registered.

Oh, did I forget to finish the sentence. Good looking out
    got your back bro lol

LOL almost nothing changed in the kernel since beta1. Please don't spread FUD.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Good, just in time, I'll give it a try tomorrow.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

snowbreeze will update my 1.59 baseband on my I4?

Josh, it must be something about your articles because once again I'm only seeing the first post despite swapping to safari this time. However, I did find out that if I click on the "#1" showing that it is the first comment for the article, it takes me to a different page where I can read the article and see all of the replies....so it's really not that big of a deal.

Back to the article. Hopefully someone can explain this to me...but why do they keep releasing the jailbreak for the beta versions of iOS 5. It seems that releasing the jailbreak, and therefore the method by which it is done, would give Apple a chance to patch up the method before iOS 5 is finally made available to the general public. I know it's fun for the developers to have a jailbreak so they can go ahead and have things ready when the update is finally available, but it seems that it comes with the risk of Apple patching that jailbreak method. I'm sure there's something faulty in my reasoning...some someone tell me where I'm wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    LOL almost nothing changed in the kernel since beta1. Please don't spread FUD.
    Elaborate if you may; I write strictly what I hear/discover/learn. I in no means try to spread any type of shenanigans whatsoever. Also, there was no mention to inferiority of redsn0w so it's not a jab or a kick the to the shins. However, even as you mentioned, there is a little change in the kernel between beta 1 and 2. That is worth noting. And any slight difference could be a potential issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Josh, it must be something about your articles because once again I'm only seeing the first post despite swapping to safari this time. However, I did find out that if I click on the "#1" showing that it is the first comment for the article, it takes me to a different page where I can read the article and see all of the replies....so it's really not that big of a deal.
    That is extremely odd; I'll jot this down and see if I can get in touch with Kyle and see what can be done.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

guys, i know youve heard this hundreds of times already, but is there going to be a new baseband update with the iOS5? i am stuck on stock 4.21 and unable to unlock...

Nice
    Very Nice Indeed

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maaaslo View Post
    guys, i know youve heard this hundreds of times already, but is there going to be a new baseband update with the iOS5? i am stuck on stock 4.21 and unable to unlock...
    Define update? As in for an unlock? Just buy a turbo sim for that bad boy.

As for a newer baseband then yes it will update to a newer one. The betas already update your baseband so when the official fw comes im pretty positive it will come out with a different baseband as well.

18 comments yet I still only see 1. Anyway where is the iPad 2 love?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast