+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Article: sn0wbreeze Beta 3 for iOS 5 Beta 2 Now Available

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud 18 comments yet I still only see 1. Anyway where is the iPad 2 love? No ETA whatsoever unfortunately, continue to be patient .
...
  1. #21
    MMi Staff Writer Joshua Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 107 Times in 55 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    18 comments yet I still only see 1. Anyway where is the iPad 2 love?
    No ETA whatsoever unfortunately, continue to be patient .

  2. #22
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Wooo!!!

  3. #23
    iPhone Dev Team MuscleNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 37 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    However, even as you mentioned, there is a little change in the kernel between beta 1 and 2. That is worth noting. And any slight difference could be a potential issue.
    During beta periods, when Apple tries new things in the kernel (rather than just fixing old issues), new kernels are just as likely to *introduce new bugs* as fix old ones. So your argument goes both ways, and older could actually be better.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuscleNerd For This Useful Post:

    confucious (06-27-2011), DevouredDreams (06-26-2011)

  5. #24
    MMi Staff Writer Joshua Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 107 Times in 55 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    During beta periods, when Apple tries new things in the kernel (rather than just fixing old issues), new kernels are just as likely to *introduce new bugs* as fix old ones. So your argument goes both ways, and older could actually be better.
    No disagreement there. I know what you mean. However I made it a point to make sure that it was not an indefinite statement as, like you mentioned, it could be a plus. You're always welcome to make suggestions/comments and such as my intention is not to create tension.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-26-2011 at 06:02 PM.

  6. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It shows Cyda, but Cydia and Safari crash and won't open on the jailbreak.

  7. #26
    Green Apple femibrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    i am just concerned about how Apple is now fighting SHSH blob downgrading in iOS5, that i read from the Dev Team blog......

  8. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    i really hope sn0wbreeze becomes universal. the jailbreak experience is so much smoother than Redsn0w/PwnageTool. with unlocking looking like a thing of the past. hopefully this happens.

  9. #28
    iPhoneaholic Fhsjaagshs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NEW FLIPPIN JERSEY
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by OKCChuck View Post
    It shows Cyda, but Cydia and Safari crash and won't open on the jailbreak.
    Tethered boot much?

    Ps, I was on a tethered jb for 3 months. Not fun.

    I would wait for the final version. Then the untethered jb's come out.
    iDevices: Lots, most jailbroken
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

    I'm a iPhone hacker and Twitter API master.

  10. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhsjaagshs View Post
    Tethered boot much?

    Ps, I was on a tethered jb for 3 months. Not fun.

    I would wait for the final version. Then the untethered jb's come out.
    .... explain? I know it's a tethered. However, am I not aware that you need to be hooked up to a computer to run cydia. I knew I had to have it connected to boot the device.

  11. #30
    iPhoneaholic Fhsjaagshs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NEW FLIPPIN JERSEY
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts

    No you just have to run redsn0w using the "just boot tethered right now" option after you apply the jailbreak.
    iDevices: Lots, most jailbroken
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

    I'm a iPhone hacker and Twitter API master.

  12. #31
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhsjaagshs View Post
    No you just have to run redsn0w using the "just boot tethered right now" option after you apply the jailbreak.
    But This is for sn0wbreeze, not redsn0w

  13. #32
    iPhoneaholic Fhsjaagshs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NEW FLIPPIN JERSEY
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts

    Agh dumb me. Use iBooty.

  14. #33
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Not sure what that is, I'll google and figure it out.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts